2007 Niagara ceiling lights "mostly" not working

wsmith5

Jul 19, 2007
I have 2007 fleetwood Niagara popup. similar posts I've seen regarding the lights in the ceiling not working so bear with me please.no power to the 2 wire connectors to the roof(both locations). power works to all lower outlets, radio etc.when the kill switch at the bed end is manually pushed in (screwdriver)the light in the bathroom turns on but the other 3 ceiling lights do not.everything worked at home but not working at the campsite and also not when back home.I dont know of any other kill switch that might be the issue. all fuses are good.any thoughts?

Michael J

Aug 9, 2018
Michigan
It wouldn't be hard to bypass any of the safety switches or use a multi meter and check for voltage to start with I assume you say lower outlets them are 120 ac but the roof is probably all DC off the Inverter? The bypass switch should not need to be pressed on to work as when you raise the roof the spring should push them out to make them connect.

jmkay1

2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Oct 10, 2013
Northern Virginia
Just throwing this out there. On my 04 Fleetwood there are wires that travel up through a pocket outside the camper that end with little white clips under the lip of the roof. I have seen where these wires get pinched or frayed which could be the reason it worked one moment but not the next.

Dingit

Super Active Member
Mar 8, 2017
So...just in case, I have to ask this even if it sounds like a dumb question. Are you familiar with the switches? I'm a little hazy on them (and everything else) at the moment myself so I might be slightly off here. But if I recall, there's a master wall switch by the sink and one for the bathroom which I don't think is on the master.

If it isn't on the master switch and and the master is messed up or just off then you might get results like you're seeing.

wsmith5

Jul 19, 2007
It wouldn't be hard to bypass any of the safety switches or use a multi meter and check for voltage to start with I assume you say lower outlets them are 120 ac but the roof is probably all DC off the Inverter? The bypass switch should not need to be pressed on to work as when you raise the roof the spring should push them out to make them connect.
the kill switch on this one is ativated by a soft metal flap pressing against it that is attached to the bed frame. its supposed to hit the switch mounted to the inside wall below the bed frame when the bed is pulled out on setup.sorry I dont know what the roof lights are powered from.tinkered a bit and I believe the bed switch only works for the bathroom ceiling light. the light switch by the entrance door shows no power.the electrical panel has 4 switches in a row. the 1,3,4 switch shows 13.37voolts. the #2 fuse shows about 2 volts but rapidly goes to 0 volts. replaced all fuses just to make sure it wasnt a bad fuse.im not an electrical guy any advice appreciated.....Wayne

Attachments

• IMG_5207.JPG
    IMG_5207.JPG
    159.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5208.JPG
    IMG_5208.JPG
    163.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5210.JPG
    IMG_5210.JPG
    163 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5211.JPG
    IMG_5211.JPG
    157.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5212.JPG
    IMG_5212.JPG
    166.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Sjm9911

Super Active Member
May 31, 2018
Nj
Ok, so lets ask a few more questions, what works on dc voltage? Thats the stuff that gets powered by eaither the battery or converter. So, lights, water pump, etc. You dont have an Inverter. Then check everything again when the kill switch by the bed is activated, what works and what dosen't.

Latest posts