2008 Jayco 806

Discussion in 'Checkout My Rig !' started by cowboiler, Nov 3, 2021.

1. cowboiler

cowboiler New Member

This is our 2008 Jayco 806. We bought it used in 2019. So far we have camped in Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Florida in it and driven through Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama with it. We've boondocked and camped with full hookups. Mechanically, I relocated the A/C from the rear/driverside of the PUP to the center because I was having trouble raising and lowering the roof. I put a vent in the original opening, and it raises so much easier now. Also, I replaced the bias tires with 145/R12. I had a blowout on about a 1 year old bias tire on the side of a narrow highway, so I wanted to do whatever I could to keep from doing that again. Recently went on a 1,600 mile trip and the radials did great. Inside, we reupholstered all the cushions, painted the interior and put in peel and stick vinyl tiles over the old sheet vinyl floor. We also took out the interior sink that we never used to make more room for storage. We're looking at taking it out west next summer possibly to Northern California. We looked at Lake Tahoe, but it's way too pricey. Any suggestions for that area/terrain?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Great looking camper! Where did you get the family name stickers that looks like a National park sign?

3. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Nice looking camper and love the color scheme. Had an old 90 Jayco about 9 years ago and at times still miss the ol’ girl.

4. cowboiler

cowboiler New Member

I designed it using the National Park sign design as inspiration, then had it cut out of a waterproof vinyl. We're going to use that area to put stickers from our trips.

5. cowboiler

cowboiler New Member

Did you trade in your old Jayco for a bigger PUP? We've thought about getting a bigger PUP with a shower/toiler, but I feel like I may regret it down the road. This one pulls so easy, even with a mid-size SUV. I don't want to get something I don't enjoy towing. Lol.

6. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

My old popup got to the point it was costing way more to fix and the family was not comfortable. I got to the point it wasn't worth it. I gave it away to my brother and upgraded to a larger popup. Although my new to me popup does not have an inside shower it has an outside shower, a slide out, king size beds, a toilet and front trunk. I tow it with my midsize SUV and it does well. Although sure don't want anything larger. I don't have any regrets myself especially when I'm with my family. That slide out really opens things up inside. Less complaints from the family and no more playing twister just to move around. I do miss some of the smaller campsites and having more options to choose from. I miss being able to move the tongue of the camper to angle the camper how I see fit vrs how the campsite was set up as. My old camper was as bare bones as they came so being able to have a heater and AC was the biggest positive as I can now camp way more often and keep the family comfortable. Having an elderly mother who camped with me on occasion meant I needed to keep her as comfortable as possible. Kiddo was on cloud 9 when I bought it and she LOVES her big bed. So in my case upgrading was very much needed. Towing it was not that much different but do miss being able to look over the roof. When in the mountains I'm keeping up with trucks vrs the cars. Backing it up was way easier in my opinion.

7. Linda Grohman

Linda Grohman New Member

Northern California is full of beautiful campgrounds. Check out the Santa Cruz mountains - Felton, Boulder Creek, Henry Cowell State Park and surrounding area. Beautiful redwood trees everywhere. Yosemite Valley is a must see as well. You'll need reservations for Yosemite well in advance but you'll love it. Yosemite is absolutely stunning! Your kids will never forget a trip to Yosemite. It's a once in a lifetime place that you'll remember and talk about for the rest of your life. One of our local Northern California favorites is Schoolhouse Canyon Campground located at 12600 River Rd, Guerneville, CA 95446. It's on the Russian River in an ancient redwood grove. A truly fantastic family-oriented small campground owned and run by a third or fourth generation family. http://www.schoolhousecanyon.com. Have a great time camping next summer!