2009 Getting Wild in PA - May 15

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by The Nuthouse, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BiXLL

BiXLL Chippewa Twp., Pa.

Re: Getting Wild in PA - May 15, 09

Wish you were going Joe, this will be the first ralley without you, Rusty and Steve!

2. themanfromvan

themanfromvan Van, PA - Near The PA Wilds

Well - we're outta here pretty shortly. I'll give you the full rundown either Sunday night or Monday night.

3. BiXLL

BiXLL Chippewa Twp., Pa.

Well, we are back home all safe and sound! Trip was great, as was meeting all the people that attended! We did real well weather wise considering the bleak forcasts, and got our pot luck in without getting wet! We did get rain Sat. night, but by the time we were ready to pack up Sunday, all was dry!

Eric(Nuthouse) did a great job with his first "Trail Boss" assignment, even going so far as to rent a pavillion so we were covered for our pot luck dinner even if it did rain! Dave (manfromvan) also seemed to be in the thick of things with Eric trying to make sure a good time was had by all that attended. I'm sure you guys were successful, at least for my family and myself you were!

4. themanfromvan

Hi gang !! Well, we made it home without incident as well. Rolled in here about 6:30 PM, unloaded - set the camper back up to finish drying out - then piled back in the car to go celebrate my niece's birthday.

When we left Eric & Moria at about 4:30 PM, they were enjoying their peace and quiet together after a busy weekend. Sorry, I did not get to see Bill & Bev or Shannon before they took off. We were out on a hike around the bog, enjoying the sunshine we just couldn't get to come out on Saturday.

In all, my family took over 300 pictures this weekend. So, I'm gonna be a while sorting all that out. But, as soon as I get them all up on a hosting site, I'll be sure to post the link.

Thanks to Eric, Moria, Bill, Bev, Shannon, Nate, Emily, Bob & Linda for making such a good time. Sorry, I didn't make it down to your site on Sat. night, Nate & Em, but I sat down in front of the fire and dozed off. The rain drops woke me up !!

I'm looking forward to doing it all again !!

5. themanfromvan

Here's a few photos from the Wilds In PA rally this past weekend. I hope I'm doing this right. I haven't really figured out the Picasa links yet. If it doesn't work, I'll put them in Webshots and try again. First we have Bob & Linda - the West Virginia Hillbillies -

http://[http://lh4.ggpht.com/_bZ_9VUhDjLw/ShH4Lec9XcI/AAAAAAAAFjQ/UIgIJ6aY8Mc/s800/DSC02576.JPG/img]

Straight from the Nuthouse, we have Eric & Moria with Cashew & Peanut -

[img]http://lh6.ggpht.com/_bZ_9VUhDjLw/ShH4d9A1wJI/AAAAAAAAFjU/witcfcniBXU/s800/DSC02581.JPG

Nate & Emily aka nateandemreed -

[​IMG]

Kayaking the bog on Saturday morning -

[​IMG]

I hope that worked and I don't end up with 'red X' syndrome !!

6. themanfromvan

Well, I did it half right !! Here's Bob & Linda -

[​IMG]

And, straight from the Nuthouse, here's Eric & Moria with Cashew & Peanut -

[​IMG]

Please tell me that worked !! If not - I give up..... But, I'll tell you what - when I get all the pictures uploaded to an album, I'll post the link !!

7. hvac1877

hvac1877 Old Dominion Iron Chefs Highland Springs, Va

you guys have some very pretty areas up there. will have to try to make a rally up your way!!!!!

8. WV Hillbilly

WV Hillbilly Terra Alta, West Virginia

Dave, Pictures look great.

We just want to thank everyone that was there for the great time we had. And a special THANK YOU to Eric on the great job of organizing the rally. First class all the way! It was really great meeting everyone in person and hope to see all of you at a future rally.

9. kiteri

kiteri Just a Happy Girl!

I wanted to thank everyone for all of your hospitality!!!!

I am sorry I couldn't be in the campground with all of you, but with the weather and my kids having health issues I am lucky to have made it for the portion that I did. (Hence, why I NEED the pop up!!!)

Thanks for the tours for the portion of the day I could make it over... and I am sorry for those that I didn't get around to see.

10. The Nuthouse

The Nuthouse New Member

Hi Everybody,

I finally have a minute to thank you all for making my first rally as a Trail Boss a success so THANKS!!!

Moria and I stayed at Black Moshannon until Tuesday afternoon and arrived home at about 8:00 pm. I hate to admit it but the weather was perfect Sunday, Monday and Tuesday but I guess, after spending the first three nights (Thursday, Friday and Saturday) catering to our two nephews, we earned a couple of nice days alone.

Moria and I only wish that we had more time with you all during the weekend but we were very glad for the time we had. You are some of the nicest people we have met yet during any camping outing. Thanks for your good conversation, good food and good cheer. We never let the prospect of bad weather dampen our spirits even if the heavy cloud (3 hour rain shower) did dampen the fire at Nate and Emily's on Saturday night.

We hardly took any pictures during the rally but took a few after we had the place to ourselves and if I can figure out how to post them here on the new forum I will.

A big Thank You! to Dave/themanfromvan who was, whether he intended to be or not, my Co-Trail Boss. He kept the post about the rally alive leading up to the trip and took lots of pictures during the rally. We will camp together again my friend you can count on that.

Bob & Linda, Bill & Bev, Nate & Emily and Shannon,

We look forward to any chance we might have to camp with all or any of you down the road. We enjoyed your company and hope to share the fire ring in the near future.

Thanks again to all of you for signing on for our rally.

The Nuthouse
    Eric, Moria, Peanut & Cashew

11. themanfromvan

Eric - Good to see you made it home safe and sound !! Thanks to you for your excellent organizational skills as far as the logistics of meeting, the pot luck, etc. I don't know if I was much help, really. I'm not much of a conversationalist when I'm "live and in person", but I do enjoy the company of others.

Hey, dude..... I put the photo CD I promised you in the mail today. I sure hope it's burned right and works on your computer. There's over 200 pictures on it, so I more than made up for the photos you didn't have time to take !! [LOL] I included EVERYTHING on it, including our family pictures & pictures of campsites. So you'll get the "full meal deal" when it arrives !!!

Again - thank you and I look forward to camping with you again sometime. [Spoken in a soft whisper...] My wife kind of hinted that MAYBE since our kids are getting to be better travelers that Bald Eagle could be a possibility. But, we all know it's a woman's option to change her mind...... [LOL]

12. themanfromvan

Finally - I have the pictures from last week on a hosting site. You can see them by clicking on the link in the post about two below this one. [:)O] [:)O] [:)O]

[:)C] [:)C] [:)C] [:)C] [:)C]

13. BiXLL

BiXLL Chippewa Twp., Pa.

14. themanfromvan

S.O.A.B. !!!! I just can NOT figure out that deal for shortening links !!! Here, try this -

http://picasaweb.google.com/1themanfromvan/GettinWildSpringRallyBlackMoshannon#

15. WV Hillbilly

WV Hillbilly Terra Alta, West Virginia

Dave....you finally nailed it. [A] The pics look great! [;)]

16. nateandemreed

nateandemreed New Member

finally done with three weekends of camping!!! phew!

Thanks to all for a very nice time at Black Moshannon, I truly hope to have a smore or two with all of you again!!!! [:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.