2009 James River State Park (Virginia) May 15-17

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by binky, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 911frog

911frog New Member

Re: James River State Park (Virginia) May 15-17, 2009

Hey all .... wow .. this weekend was AWSOME...even the rain could not put a damper on the fun .... i cant wait to do it again ... it was great putting names to faces..

pete and binky .. ya'll did an awsome job... all the food was ... GREAT ... need to start a pop up portal cook book that we can sell and give the money to the site ... lol ... will be going to get my pictures to the store tomorrow and hope to post them soon ..

i loved meeting u all ... i feel as though i now have a bigger family ... thank u all ... cant wait for the next get together ... [PU] [TV] [*] [CP] [LOL]

2. hvac1877

hvac1877 Old Dominion Iron Chefs Highland Springs, Va

Thanks for reminding me(brain is a bit fried) [LOL] PM the recipes you all had at the rally so i can put them all together for a pdf.

3. bud121156

bud121156 Western North Carolina

Great pics, y'all.

4. spdmpo

spdmpo New Member

Yes, thank you to the event organizers. We all had a good time, and met a bunch of new people. Admittedly I was concerned about rain with the family, but it was for nothing as it held out until Sat night at about 10 p.m. or so. Admittedly we bailed when the lightening hit and people left binkys site; and we had our pup down in record time. 10 more seconds and we'd have been soaked. Got home just a bit past 0100.
    That park is really nice, and just wanted to say thanks again.

5. Big_kid

Big_kid Virginia Beach, VA

It's easy:
    Slow cook approx 15 lbs of boneless pork tenderloin, separate by hand & season, simmer over low heat. Put in freezer for short term storage. Drive halfway to rally, realize BBQ is still in freezer, stop at Wally World for substitution.

6. obxlvr13

obxlvr13 Tee Hee!

I had a really great time! Ive never felt more comfortable with a bunch of people I had never met in real life! I cant wait to hang out again with all of you! :) Thanks Peter and Binky for setting us up!

Judy, tell Diane that her puppies miss her and she should come home! lol [;)]

7. Tim_Rhonda

Tim_Rhonda New Member

We had a GREAT time at the rally. It was really nice meeting everyone and putting a face with a name.

Binky & Peter - ya all did a great job putting this all together and it is much appreciated. Can't wait for the next one.

The food, conversation, location, "Apple Cider" was awesome!! You could not have picked a better spot for our first rally.

We will be heading out to Pokie for the upcoming Memorial day weekend. July 4th weekend we will be at Chippokes. Anyone is welcome if there are spaces available.

Looking forward to seeing ya all again!!

8. twstdpear

twstdpear Party like it's 2012!

Thanks Peter and Ken for putting this together. All four of us had a great time. The boys really enjoyed playing with all of the other kids, and we enjoyed meeting everyone.

It was an absolutely beautiful park, and we'd definitely consider going back. DW noted on the way out that they have a donation bucket set out in the gift shop/contact station to help with building a playground, and that was our only minor grumble.

Things we learned and/or re-remembered:
    • We could have done without the rain while we were packing up, but at least we now know how to pack up in the rain.
    • We have a leak somewhere on the rear bunk-end, so I need to find it and figure out what to do about it.
    • Our lights attract dive-bombing semi-truck sized bugs.
    • When biking, watch out for snakes -- i just about rolled over one coiled up in the grass sunning itself.

9. hvac1877

hvac1877 Old Dominion Iron Chefs Highland Springs, Va

I still like to get everyone recipes for what everyone brought to the potluck so i can get the pdf together. Just PM the recipes to me. Thanks. Also I have started to work on next years Spring Rally hope to have everything together by the end of summer!!!! Some one printed off recipe for Beans and Bacon. Who was this so i can give credit. Thanks

10. 911frog

911frog New Member

[LOL] [CP] [{}=]

ok so i finally got my pictures back ... please be patient i am goingto start down loading today .... i had an awsome time .. thanks everyone for the meet ang greet ... and the food was awsome .... will try to get pictures post today if not in the next 2 days ...

waiting for the next rally .. i am soooooo READY

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.