2010 Coleman Utah - Lights won't work?

Discussion in 'First Time & New Camper Owners' started by Carolyn1978, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Carolyn1978

Carolyn1978 New Member

Hi everyone... My husband and I just bought our very first camper! We bought a used 2010, Coleman Utah, and we love it!! We set it up in the driveway today, and for some reason we can't get the lights to come on... The electric lift for setting it up works fine, but the power inside won't come on at all... I was wondering if anyone had any advice for us?

Can't wait to go camping for the very first time!!!

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

2. chadster

chadster Member

Do you have the sink and counter lifted up and in place? There is a safety switch that it presses when in place that allows lights to be turned on.

3. McFlyfi

McFlyfi Active Member

Two most common reasons:
    As mentioned above, the swing level galley must be in place to activate the safety switch. The switch/wiring can go bad here.

There will be a pair of wires running up to the ceiling. These wires are usually on the outside of the camper on the "street" side (opposite the door) near the lift post. Could be front or rear (mine's at the rear). Check the wiring/connections where the wire comes out of the camper, it often goes bad here.

4. Boatnman

Boatnman Well-Known Member

If none of those cure the problem, check the fuses in the front panel of the converter (power center). There may also be a fuse in the positive wire coming off the battery.

5. Dback2k4

Dback2k4 Active Member

In addition to what's been previously posted, make sure your positive and negative aren't wired in reverse on your battery.

6. Spaceweaseal

Spaceweaseal Member

Mine did the same thing.
    I had floor lights but no ceiling lights. I had a loose connection on the the plugs for the wire harness that go up to the ceiling lights. On mine the wires that go up the supports has a twist connector that connects into the lower compartment. They where lose. And the other electrical issues was because of the wrong size fuses that where inplace when I got it.
    Find the manual and verify ure fuses are correct.
    Find the gallery kill switch to verify a proper connection there as well. I went ahead and replaced my outlet with the cfci while I was at it. No more issues

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018