2011 Camping Pics

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by bunker108, Sep 27, 2011.

1. bunker108

bunker108 New Member

Well we didn't get out too many times this year, but we managed two lake trips In Northern New Mexico. One trip to El Vado in May and another trip to Heron Lake in August. I added a couple things to the PU. I added a powered roof vent...cutting the roof was scary! I also some 12v plugs for accesories. I finally poked a hole in the lid of a 5 gallon bucket to hold gray water from the sink. The 2009 Fleetwood E1 is holding up well though. We are planning one more trip to Southern NM in two weeks. It will be the first trip with my boat any my PU. I bought and am in the process of restoring 1972 Starcraft. My buddy is going to have to ow one or the other. I am lokking at storing the boat or PU next season. My Nissan Xterra is a goat but I am not sure how it would do towing both. Anyways...here are some pics!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. marines0811

marines0811 New Member

Nice pics looks like you had a good time.

3. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Man, that is what it it's all about. Great pics, thanks for posting. [A]

4. Penny Logan

Penny Logan The traveling teepee in her Dreamcatcher

Great pictures and making wonderful memories for your children. Thanks for sharing.

5. johnlely14hw

johnlely14hw New Member

Great pics! Thanks for sharing. The campfire looks nice.

6. Yooperwannabe

Yooperwannabe Active Member

Looks like a wonderful time and great memories for tomorrow.

7. Rockies Bill

Rockies Bill Runnin' with the pack!

Thanks for sharing your memories. With all these camping pics on different topics is making me want to go again, bad.

8. Bullfrog Bheer

Bullfrog Bheer Active Member

Awesome pics. Thanks for sharing.

9. teejaywhy

teejaywhy Active Member

The next to last photo with available light from the campfire and the twilight sky is A+. Good vision and technique to get that exposure.

10. Bjune

Bjune New Member

:)Your pics are great. I especially liked the idea of the 5 gallon bucket for grey water. We usually put a bucket under ours, but, the closed top is nicer. We will definitely use that one. Thanks for sharing your pics with us. We still have one more trip planned for this year. But, it has been so HOT in Texas this year, we just keep putting it off. Maybe it will cool off in December. LOL.... Or overnight in Texas. That little guy is precious.

11. carolinacampers

carolinacampers Nights camped: 2008-10, 2009-25, 2010-6.

I agree! Nice photos. Thanks for sharing...

12. bunker108

bunker108 New Member

Thanks everyone! I have always loved camping, I owned a 1985 VW Westafalia that I camped in for almost 12 years. It got two small with the addittion of two boys. The kiddo in the pic is my oldest, I also have on almost a year old.

Since you like the other, check this one out. This was as awesome time of the trip. Just my wife, my boy and I...and the wife was taking a nap in the PU. This was a Friday after a full day of work and a three hour tow to the lake. My boy and I built a fire, I got him some apple juice and I made a bloody mary. We watched the sun go down, and the two boats at anchor on the lake. We talked about the colors of bow lights once the boats were underway again. If you look closely you can the see the anchor lights of the boats. I took about 20 shots to get these 2 decent exposures.

Enjoy!
    [​IMG]

13. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Active Member

NICE! This is what camping is all about!!

14. fmbhappycamper

fmbhappycamper PuP Power

very nice [8D]

15. gkraps

gkraps Member

Heading out in two weeks for a long weekend at Parker Canyon Lake in SE Arizona. It will probably be our last outing for this season. Wish I could take our grandson out fishing this trip...oh well, we will get him out next spring.

Speaking of fishing, did you son catch anything? I was hoping to see a full stringer of lake fish!

16. Beckiec4

Beckiec4 New Member

These were fun to look at, thank you for posting them, I listened to a Dr., he was an expert on family dynamics, he said a family that camps together, stays together. Looks like your having a ball! [:D]

17. JeepMama

JeepMama New Member

adding my thanks as well. What wonderful pictures of your families fun times!

18. cwolfman13

cwolfman13 Active Member

Nice Bunker......great pics there.

Did you prefer one of the lakes over the other? DW and I talked about doing Heron and El Vado this season and never got around to it.....they're on the list for next season. We currently don't have a boat (sold it to get the p'up) but we're thinking about getting a canoe or something for just such trips.

19. bunker108

bunker108 New Member

Wolf man...both lakes have their advantages.

For primitive camping I prefer El Vado. We were at a nice spot on the north west end of the lake near the water. we have also stayed at Coppers El Vado ranch below the damn right on the Chama river. We stayed in a little cabin that trip because I towed my boat up. But they have hook up sites and the place is nice and the owners were great.

We had a great spot at Heron too but a little close to the road.
    If you are set up to travel an unimproved dirt road the entire west end of Heron is for primitive camping. I have towed back there and it's not too bad and very private.

For fishing and canoeing I would definitely choose Heron...it is a no wake lake.

Both lakes are great so do yourself a favor and visit them. I plan on keeping my PU or boat in the area next year.

If you want to explore both, they are really close. The s
    stone lodge is between the two lakes....we rented a boat from stone lodge and the boat left much to be desired. But the location is convenient.

20. apachejeep

apachejeep New Member

Sweet, bunker.