2011 Florida Fall Rally - Silver River SP

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by cuckoo, Apr 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fmbhappycamper

fmbhappycamper PuP Power

Did everybody have a great time?? [8D]

2. johnlely14hw

johnlely14hw New Member

Yes, we did!!!
    It was a great weekend, great people, looking foward for the spring rally already!!!

3. cuckoo

cuckoo Active Member

Pics are loading... Will report when we get unpacked... What a blast! [CP] [SUN]

4. Rgjad

Rgjad New Member

We had a great time. Thank you to everyone for all the great food at the dinner. Everything was delicious. It was great to see all our old friends and make new ones. Sorry we didn't get to meet every single person. Next rally!!! Talk to you all soon.

5. Reel Nauti

Reel Nauti Member

Wow!! All I can say is AWESOME. Just got home and already thinking about the spring rally. Thanks for making our first rally a memorable one. You guys made us feel like family and made us feel right at home. I wanna thank cuckoo and company for being great hosts. And to our new friends (and fellow neighbors) Jeff & Debb, and Kim & Apples, Thank You. You guys are great.

6. Bjess

Bjess Quiet Time

Great Job everyone! We send out a special thanks to Frank/Wendy for coordinating the effort and to Kevin/Kelly for hosting the dinner. This was our second rally and are already looking forward to the spring...just hope the chosen location doesn't have stinging caterpillars! [:D]

7. carolsaucier

carolsaucier just the 2 of us

Our rallys only get better and better. Frank ,you and Wendy do such a great job and we all apppreciate everything you do. Popuppers are awesome. Wonderful weekend and the food was outstanding. The Mahi mahi was to die for!!! What a great group of friends we Florida campers (and Judy and AL) have become.

8. jeffanddeb

jeffanddeb New Member

Amazing!! What a great time. It was really tough to break it down and come home today. The ride home was uneventful untill we hit all the rain in broward county. Ugh !! It was great to see old friends and meet new ones also. We're hoping to do some spur of the moment camping with some of the couples that we met that live very close to us. Frank and Wendy you guys are amazing, thanks for all you do. Kevin & Kelly thanks for hosting the great food at your site. Can't wait to see everyone in the spring. Happy camping [;)]

9. Craig57

Craig57 New Member

We got home around 6pm, took the long way home & checked out the Lake Ridge winery.
    What a great weekend! The weather was perfect & the company even better.
    A big THANK YOU to Wendy & Frank for putting this all together. I agree with Carol, the Rally gets better every time. Also to Keven & Kelly for having 100 of their closest friends invade their camp site.
    Popup Steve, Thank you for all of the great rally raffle gifts. Didn't win a Popup Portal flag so look for my order real soon.
    We had a blast even if we were the last one in the camp & didn't get to the river and see the monkeys.

10. micbur

micbur Working on "Camp Burton"...Opening Soon!

Yeah same here Kevin and Kelly...Thanks! [LOL]

11. Dean and Ferri

Dean and Ferri Living in the Hauling Hilton

We had a great time! It was our first rally but will not be our last!

12. cuckoo

cuckoo Active Member

WOW!!!! What can ya say except "You Guys Rock"!!!!!! Great weather, awesome folks, and good eats! Exceptional Rally it was. 32 campers and even more couples that joined in. Thanks to all you guys who showed up and to those whom offered their services, sites, and donations for the raffle drawing. Matt thanks for all the Nestle products and hopefully they'll become a sponsor soon... [:D] Kurt and Nancy thanks for this morning been awhile for me and it was refreshing. [;)]

Great park and the river run was really cool... No exciting stories that really came about that I know of but what a fantastic time again...

Steve... Thanks again for the Portal so we can all get together and "Connect"! And thanks for the prizes and your efforts keeping things running smoothly!

100 Plus great folks at the 2011 Florida Fall Rally... Thank You Guys! [SUN]
    [​IMG]

13. Kdugan

Kdugan Member

This was definitely a great rally. We had so much fun and was so glad to meet up with old friends and make new ones. Thanks Mike and Dolores for coming down to join us we had so much fun with you guys as always. The dinner was fantastic always.

Waiting on dates for the spring.

14. cuckoo

cuckoo Active Member

Send me your Counties School system Spring Break... [;)]
    Also pics are being loaded in the "Picture Album" Steve created in this section. Everybody should be able to load some up!

15. jmcclung11

jmcclung11 Active Member

We had a GREAT time! Thanks Frank & Wendy for getting everything together. Can't wait until next time!

16. heathdavis

heathdavis New Member

I can't take credit for that: Kevin (kdugan) was kind enough to come over just as I arrived, and he backed the little bird pup in perfectly. And thank *you* for hitching it back up at the end of the stay, and for the coffee. :)

What a nice bunch of people! We had a good time, and appreciate all who worked so hard putting it together.

Ann

17. Wizfisher

Wizfisher New Member

We really enjoyed ourselves and got to see some old friends, and meet some new friends. The kids had a blast as always and I just love how they all get along so well.

Frank, once again you did a great job of organizing things, setting up the giveaways (thanks to all that contributed), and all that is involved with the rallies. If you ever need me to help out any more, let me know.

I do feel bad though. I kept meaning to walk around and meet other Portal members that were in a different loop than I was, but the kids kept playing with the other kids in our loop and I just didn't get around to the walk. I did meet a few that walked around and introduced themselves to us, and even a few more at the dinner. I really wish that I did the walk and got to meet more of you that I had not met before.
    For now, you will be friends that I (we) have not yet met. [:D]

Hope to meet even more at the Spring rally. If we plan on any trips before then, I'll put it on here and hopefully be able to meet up with some of you then.

The dinner was great Saturday. Thanks Kevin, Kelly, Mike, and Delores (and Families) for letting us use your sites for the dinner.
    We are going to look into costs for the shirts as well. Those were awesome.

I also want to say thanks to those of you that came by to get some coffee and hot chocolate in the mornings. It was nice to meet you guys as well.
    It was cool of Coffee-Mate to let us "host" the coffee and hot chocolate in the mornings.

Now to try and figure out how to post some pictures.

18. Wizfisher

Wizfisher New Member

Lol, I guess I didn't see him over there through the trees.
    Glad I could help. Nice to meet you.

19. crashnot

crashnot New Member

Thank you Frank and all for making our first rally a wonderful experience. We had a great time. Madison and Megan can't stop talking about the weekend. I guess falling out of the kayak in the river with gators just added to the adventure! We are looking forward to the next one.

Frank, in Broward County Spring Break is the week of March 12th.

Have a great week everyone!

Armando & Dolores (Loly), and the twins

20. cuckoo

cuckoo Active Member

Thanks for the dates... Great to meet you guys... You failed to mention the capsizing... [:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.