2011 Palomino Y4102

WannaTravel

Mar 17, 2009
Southern Maryland
If you have one of these, could you please tell me what you like/dislike about it? I am considering this model from a dealer in PA.

Thanks in advance for all your input.

Charmaine

apopkabob

May 8, 2012
[Forest river makes a great product and more importantly they stand behind their product if you like the layout and features go for it

regis101

Feb 21, 2011
Ours is a 2010 Y-4100. All is well.

You must understand that we live in a parts is parts world. You will see the same almost everything on numerous brands. And that's OK as long as you know that going in. Things are going to break.

I like the Pal's torsion suspension. I like the tube steel frame rails. I like the five lug hubs. I like the lift system. I like the one piece door. I like the tube steel tongue rails.

I especially like that the beds are within 6" in width of each other. That was my deciding factor. I looked long and hard for a symmetrical appearing pop up trailer. Most others will have a king at one end and a double at the other. What's that all about. Four support bars? I have a queen at home. Why would I want a king out in da woodz.

But hey, you asked and that's just me. Would I buy another? Sure.

The Postman

You gotta love Camping!!
Jul 20, 2009
Wishing I was at Waskesieu!!
Ours is a 2008 4102. We love ours so much, that when our 2007 was written off in a storm, we traveled 4 hours to buy another one just like it. We love the layout, the stove that can come outside, and the storage trunk in the front. What more do you need to know??

WannaTravel

Mar 17, 2009
Southern Maryland
thank you for responding....I have been thinking long and hard and talking with DH and the kids about what we truly need and use on the pop up, and this one seems to have everything we need. We even talked about the toilet (or lack of one).

I enjoy tent camping, and we finally got a pop up in 2009, a Fleetwood Sequoia high wall. It was fully loaded. I was really sad when it was destroyed by a tree last June, but since then have had time to reevaluate.

I would be "trading down" by getting this one, but I think this would be a better fit with us.

I can hear the love in your voices....thanks y'all [:D]

regis101

Feb 21, 2011
Sometimes less is more. There are lot's of good brands. There are many good deals out there.
What is meant to be will happen.
Happy trails,

haroldpe

Campin' Engineer
Mar 21, 2004
Adamsville, MI
I loved our 2004 mustang, and only had trouble with the tires. We were right at max rating, for both GVWr , axle and tires. Had tire wear trouble. With our new HTT dual axle, tires and axles are at 50% of load limit, and It makes a difference. On the popup, seems like i was changing out a tire every year or so. After 3 years in HTT, and tires look new. (10,000 miles). But the mustang we had is heavier than 4000 series, so you might be better off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD