2012 2nd Annual NC Spring Rally

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by jash1178, Apr 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jash1178

jash1178 You can't fix stupid!

OK, HERE IS THE OFFICIAL RALLY PAGE. HERE ARE THE DETAILS AND AN UPDATED LIST :

[​IMG]

http://www.ncparks.gov/Visit/parks/memo/reserve.php

Updated Rally list:

1. Site2: Blkvoodoo

2. Site3: Houndog1178 (myself)

3. Site30: netmorin

4. Site : Evilmonkey

5. Site : SqueaknMCrack

6. Site06: rjesarver

7. Site04: dkoto

A LOT MORE SITES AVAILABLE, ANYONE IS WELCOME TO JOIN! [CP]

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=medoc+mountain+state+park&hl=en&ll=36.259916,-77.882166&spn=0.046716,0.090895&fb=1&gl=us&hq=medoc+mountain+state+park&hnear=medoc+mountain+state+park&cid=0,0,6593135983060328682&t=m&z=10

2. jash1178

[:D] Thank You cma7777 for the AWESOME logo for the rally! [CP]

3. Blkvoodoo

Blkvoodoo Member

in on page one.....

oh, wait, wrong forum, anyway...subscribed

That shirt is gonna look good, just be sure to get some 3XL and 4XLT made

4. jash1178

This is a quote from cma7777 from the other thread and I think its a good idea for folks to get their own made, you can just save the image right from the thread. You can also look up a screen print shop in your area to do it. That way everyone handles their own funds. [:)C]

Posted by cma7777:

Kmart has a product called Ink Jet T-shirt Transfer paper that I have used in the past with some success. You basically print your artwork from your computer to a normal ink jet printer using this special paper. Then iron it on your T-shirt. You have to change the image to a mirror image before printing it. A few years ago I created a small duck with the words under it that stated “I’m going to be a big brother!” and put on my one and a half year old son’s shirt to let him announce the coming of his little brother. He wore this special shirt to all the family Christmas functions. It was fun watching and waiting to see who would read the shirt first. Anyway the logo should work with this transfer paper.

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_025V044667539000P?prdNo=3&blockNo=3&blockType=G3

5. jash1178

There is also vistaprint.com and staples.com where you can do it right from your pc for oretty cheap. [:)C]

6. cma7777

cma7777 Member

I forgot about vistaprint.com. They are good but there shirts run a little small so larger than normal.

7. jash1178

OK FOLKS, ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE UP FOR A GOOD TIME? IF SO MAKE YOUR RESERVATION NOW FOR THIS RALLY! [CP]

8. cma7777

cma7777 Member

I don't know why I did not think of this but THE LOGO LOOKS GREAT ON A CAFE PRESS SHIRT!
    Cafe Press does all of the portal's flags, hats and shirts. I just went to there web site

http://www.cafepress.com/?cmp=knc--g--us--pri--cp_brnd--e--cafepress&pid=3607873&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=pri--cafepress_brand+-+us&utm_content=search-e&utm_term=cafepress&gclid=CNPW5IHCm68CFQHpnAodEW7eZQ

and look for personalized gifts on the right hand side for t shirts, pick your shirt and add the logo. I may have to order me a shirt even if I don't make it to the rally [8D].

9. cma7777

cma7777 Member

OK I just placed my order at Cafe Press. I ordered a white polo style shirt with the logo on the chest. The total was $27.27 including NC taxes and shipping. There is a coupon of 30% off (code HOMER30) you can use at check out. You could go with a t shirt but I wanted the white polo. They have a lot of shirts to choose from. The process was simple and easy!

[​IMG]

10. netmorin

netmorin New Member

Anyone interested in a hat? I know the first one is $20, but, a second one would be $15 or so. If anyone is interested, I would get a price. Else, I might just get me that first $20 hat. This is from VistaPrint. I'll take a look at the other site as well.

[​IMG]

11. cma7777

cma7777 Member

Here is one of the many T shirt options from Cafe Press:

[​IMG]

12. jash1178

I started this rally last May and we had it with 4 parties involved. The location was at Cape Woods CG in Buxton (Cape Hatteras) NC. It was not big but by all means we had a great time. My intention was then for it to be an annual event and to grow larger every year and this year it has. I just want to thanks in advance all those attending and those involved in creating the logo (cma7777). I am looking forward to meeting all of you and once again, even if we have no more sign up, thanks for helping this get into the "official rally status"...........now come on NC campers.......where are ya at?? :)

13. Snormr

Snormr New Member

Hi, everyone...

Been lurking for a while, but don't believe I've posted yet. I purchased a 2012 Jayco 1207 in January for my family (wife and 8 and 9 year old girls) and I to use. Got a spankin' deal on it being so off-season. We have managed to go exactly once so far. :) It was 27 degrees our first night in the PUP. Between the on-board heater and Jayco heated mattress toppers, we were toasy warm. Was a bit out of my comfort zone to have our PUP in weather that cold with water in the lines...but at it's coldest, the PUP was plenty warm inside...and it quickly got above freezing in the early morning hours.

Aaaaanyway.....we've been eager to get some camping trips under our belts, but with the combination of sports, family committments, and bad weather, the planets have only aligned for us once. We are strongly considering coming out for the rally and was wondering if others had a suggestion as to which sites to strongly consider. Also, will there be other kids going?

Thanks and looking forward to meeting some of you.

Rob

14. 2jazzy

2jazzy New Member

What an awesome logo!!! I wish we could make it, but we already had a trip planned before joining this site.
    Hope y'all have a fantastic time!

15. nuthouseinva

nuthouseinva Portsmouth, Virginia

Might have to join you guys for this one. We love Medoc Mountain SP. Really nice place.
    You guys don't mind some dang Virginians joinin' ya. do ya? [:D]

16. Blkvoodoo

Blkvoodoo Member

Most certainly there will be other kids there, my 8yo daughter, Hounddog has a a daughter same age as well I believe and there will be several others from what I have read.

I don't mind at all, I doubt anyone else will either. the more the merrier !!

17. cma7777

cma7777 Member

I have my shirt ordered from Cafe Press and still working on the DW about coming to this Rally. It's our 17Th anniversary weekend.

18. jash1178

My 14 year old DS and 9 year old DD will be going. And we do not mind at all if some from VA goes, we will welcome anyone from anywhere! [CP] You can reserve at the website link in my post above. Just send me a message letting me know what site number you booked so I can add you to the list. Saturday evening we will be doing a potluck meal if everyone is up for it. [:)C]

19. nuthouseinva

nuthouseinva Portsmouth, Virginia

20. PinnMcrack

PinnMcrack Active Member

Nice pictures

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.