2012 2nd Annual NC Spring Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.

jash1178

You can't fix stupid!
Nov 21, 2010
North Carolina

Just to give people an update on exact headcount and food items here is what folks have committed to bring. So far the head count is 29 but I am waiting to hear back from one party on their numbers.

Hot dogs and toppings
DO Pork Butt
Shrimp pasta salad, baked beans, and desert
MacnCheese
Choclate Desert
Potato Salad

netmorin

Aug 29, 2006
nuthouseinva said:
For quick reference, pic of my site map from our last visit

2321713660050740161S600x600Q85.jpg

Another Apache camper friend of mine from Virginia will be joining us that weekend. He's on Site 32.

Hey netmorin, looks like you'll be surrounded by Apaches! :)

Your map is way different than mine. I show #30 backing up to #4. And, they are both inside and around the middle of the loop closest to the entrance. Not that it matters much. Well, we'll see when we get there!

Just got back from Falls lake this past weekend. Rained cats and dogs Saturday night. Pretty wet with drizzle this morning. Had a good time anyway.

Hoping for better weather in 2 weeks!

nuthouseinva

Portsmouth, Virginia
May 7, 2008
Portsmouth, VA
netmorin said:
Your map is way different than mine. I show #30 backing up to #4. And, they are both inside and around the middle of the loop closest to the entrance. Not that it matters much. Well, we'll see when we get there!

Just got back from Falls lake this past weekend. Rained cats and dogs Saturday night. Pretty wet with drizzle this morning. Had a good time anyway.

Hoping for better weather in 2 weeks!

The map is a little off from the actual layout but fairly close. Unless they changed some site numbers since last time I was there, #4 definitely doesn't back up to #30.
Most sites are separated by trees/woods too. We tend to like that when we are camping by ourselves.

Can't wait. Will be nice to go when it's comfortable temps. Last time it was below freezing overnight. brrrr.

jash1178

You can't fix stupid!
Nov 21, 2010
North Carolina
Updated Rally list:

1. Site2: Blkvoodoo

2. Site3: Houndog1178 (myself)

3. Site30: netmorin

4. Site34: Evilmonkey

5. Site : SqueaknMCrack

6. Site01: rjesarver

7. Site04: dkoto

8. Site05: Lunmara

9. Site28: Nuthouseinva

10. Site32: 97fatboy

11. Site25: NC Adam

Food list so far for potluck dinner:

Hot dogs, buns and toppings
DO Pork Butt
Shrimp pasta salad, baked beans, pineapple salad and desert
MacnCheese
Choclate Desert
Potato Salad
Watermelon, coleslaw
Brats and buns

A LOT MORE SITES AVAILABLE, ANYONE IS WELCOME TO JOIN! [CP]

jash1178

You can't fix stupid!
Nov 21, 2010
North Carolina
Another wagonmaster posted a thread in another rally forum titled, "faces to our names" where they were putting up pics of those that will be attending so that everyone going were somewhat familiar with faces before the rally. I like this idea and thought it would be fun for this thread. Since I am the wagonmaster for this rally I will go first. A pic of myself was posted with the rally shirt earlier in the thread ^^^^^. Here is my DS and DD, my DW will not be attending.

Lets see your pics!!! [CAM] [CP]

cma7777

Super Active Member
Jan 26, 2011
North Carolina
If you make your own shirt with the ink jet transfer paper from Kmart or Wallmart, here is the mirror image of the logo you will need to print on the paper.

RallyLogoflip.jpg

jash1178

You can't fix stupid!
Nov 21, 2010
North Carolina
OK, just heard back from EvilMonkey and he has booked site #34, the last regular site with electric. Site 6 is the only electric site left but you must have a handicap permit as it is a handicap site. [{:)]

rjesarver

Sep 11, 2011
Site 6 is handicapped and the park told me I had to have a handicap sticker to use it, that's why we changed sites, FYI.

jash1178

You can't fix stupid!
Nov 21, 2010
North Carolina
Oh, I almost forgot. All of you will also meet Milo the camping pooch, who attended the 1st Annual NC Spring Rally in Cape Hatteras, NC. Here he is in the TV on his way there:

hollymic

Aug 24, 2011
I can't wait for next weekend. I work 3rd shift but have a class so once I'm done with the class we can head up there. My husband and I have an 8 year old daughter who can't wait to play with the other kids. My driver (blkvoodoo) will be in the driver's seat. What a man....lol

Blkvoodoo

Aug 21, 2011
hollymic said:
I can't wait for next weekend. I work 3rd shift but have a class so once I'm done with the class we can head up there. My husband and I have an 8 year old daughter who can't wait to play with the other kids.

heh, yeah, guess I should claim this one, bein' I'm the one carting them up there and all....

DSCF2235.JPG

she ( Holly) and I (Kevin) taking a boat ride on Kerr Lake last year

DSCF2230.JPG

Lil one ( Kelsey) on the other end of the boat

jash1178

You can't fix stupid!
Nov 21, 2010
North Carolina
Yea, I hate it, but we will be arriving about that time also voodoo or shortly after. I HATE [:(!] arriving that late but have no other choice due to scheduling. Can't wait, super excited! [CP]

Status
Not open for further replies.