2013 FLORIDA FALL RALLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackpot

Spit, grit & duct tape - What more do you need ?
Oct 27, 2010
According to the book, "HOGORITHMS - Potlucks I have seen and loved", it will take a MINIMUM of 25 main dish (that serve 6) contributions to feed a crowd of this size. The book defines a main dish as: "A combination of ingredients that have been grilled, fried, baked (like a casserole), braised, slow cooked and usually contains a protein such as meat or cheese. True vegans are excused from the protein parameters".

Why don't we concentrate on signing up for the main dish portion of the potluck this week? [2C]

(Please be patient, folks, I think I have a fun and easy way to deal with the side dishes as soon as the main dish category has been taken care of. [:)C])

carolsaucier

just the 2 of us
Aug 11, 2009
Palm Bay, FL
Unless there is a storm and I'm gone, I will bring some extra plastic cups and utensils.

Joe since we are next door neighbors do you need my help with anything Friday night?

sandykayak

Dec 31, 2002
Miami FL
Is Hogorithms an actual book? Couldn't find it on Amazon. author?

Well, I decided that my medium sized rice cooker wasn't going to yield enough so I went searching for something bigger.

http://www.amazon.com/Aroma-ARC-1033E-Commercial-60-Cup-Cooked/dp/B0002AYZUO/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1378847270&sr=1-1&keywords=aroma+60+cup+rice+cooker

THIS THING IS HUUUUUGE! Can't tell from the pic. It says makes 60 cups of cooked rice. One of the reviewers said he cooked 10 lbs of rice! I can use it at other rallies and reckon that any leftovers could be used to make fried rice.

chasw98

Chuck, Debbie, and grandson Jacob
Jan 1, 2013
Blackpot said:
Why don't we concentrate on signing up for the main dish portion of the potluck this week? [2C]

(Please be patient, folks, I think I have a fun and easy way to deal with the side dishes as soon as the main dish category has been taken care of. [:)C])

I have just signed Debbie up for the main dish at the potluck and gotten a commitment for a side dish at pot luck, AND... some goodies for the meet & greet. I do not think anyone will starve this weekend.

Chuck

Blackpot

Oct 27, 2010
Thanks so much, folks. You guys are the greatest.

Carol, I will be bringing some firewood. I'm sure that I will need help with something else when it gets crunch time, but what I would really appreciate would be for Grumpa John to start the fire at my campsite once the meet & greet is underway. It all depends on the placement of the ring, but I would like to have a small, inviting fire to encourage folks to sit around if they would like. I will have it ready to light and will even teach John the magic words necessary if it is a little reluctant.

Sandy, I think that that book was printed as a fundraiser and is out of print. Please hold off on buying a rice steamer that will cook 10 pounds of rice (which just so happens to be the exact amount required to fill the bell of a Sousaphone - don't ask ...) unless you actually need one. Six to eight servings is what most recipes yield and that is all that is reasonably expected for a dish to pass.

Chuck, my backyard neighbor, thanks for stepping up and can't wait to taste some gourmet hoovy doovies. [:D] [:D]

jyoung015

Jul 14, 2013
cockoo is there anything that commaholly and i can do or bring to this great rally beside the dish for the pot luck supper just let us know can not wait to meet all you greet new people

sandykayak

Dec 31, 2002
Miami FL
Already bought the rice cooker. I will be attending lots of rallies over the next few years. 146 people. Probably wont be any (or much) left over

Craig57

Mar 29, 2009
Joe
Still haven't figured out what to make for the Rally feast. I hope to be inspired soon! Can't wait to try your soon to be famous Rally Jambalya.

Craig

Kimmygr

Jun 20, 2013
Just got news from my SIL! She reserved site 83 and will be joining us all for the Rally [CP] She will be bringing a Beef Stew for the potluck. There are a total of 8 in her party: 2-adults 6-kids If you would like to add them to the list you can list them as kimmygr-sil

If you need their first names, please pm me and I will be happy to provide that!

Kimmygr

Jun 20, 2013
Kimmygr said:
Just got news from my SIL! She reserved site 83 and will be joining us all for the Rally [CP] She will be bringing a Beef Stew for the potluck. There are a total of 8 in her party: 2-adults 6-kids If you would like to add them to the list you can list them as kimmygr-sil

If you need their first names, please pm me and I will be happy to provide that!

Update: Just spoke to my sister and she reserved site #84 so half of my group currently on my site (4-adults- 4-kids) will now be split between our site (87) and her site (84). My sister-in-law's family of 8 are on site #83 as posted above.

Site # 83- 2- adults 6-kids
Site# 84- 1- adult 5-teens
Site # 87- 4- adults 1-kid

If you would like names of all the adults pm me. We will all be bringing something to the potluck. [BBQ]

If you need a way to list the other sites in the roster lineup you can use kimmygr SIL and kimmygr Sis since they do not belong to the portal forum.

Craig57

Mar 29, 2009
WOW!! What a big Rally!!! Can't wait to see everyone. Set the PUP up to start getting ready for the rally. Hasn't hardly stopped raining since.
Still undecided on the meal. Thinking the Cornbread souffle would be good. Made some smoked fish dip for Friday night.
Oh ya DW got Friday off so we should be leaving early enough to enjoy a long weekend.

MetalDad

Aug 29, 2010
I'll be in thursday night with the 2 youngest and the dog. MetalWife and oldest daughter won't be in until sat morning. Not sure how you want to adjust the attendee list. 2 adults, 3 kids, 1 dog, one crock pot of pulled buffalo chicken.

I signed the bill of sale to our beloved PUP, so we will be following in the steps of our past two wagon masters, and rolling in with our N2U TT.

Blackpot

Oct 27, 2010
Thanks, Craig. Glad to hear that you are making your signature Chinese dish - Soof lee. It goes well with everything. [;)]

Blackpot

Oct 27, 2010
Just took my grandson to a meeting at HRSP. River is up some. WATCH OUT FOR SPEEDBUMPS DRIVING TO THE CAMPGROUNDS !!

Justhavefun

God made the Earth beautiful so we can go camping!
Sep 18, 2013
Just signed up today and was wanting to join the Rally it sounds like a lot of fun. Can anybody go to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.