2013 FLORIDA FALL RALLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimmygr

Jun 20, 2013
Two weeks.. TWO WEEKS! I am getting so excited! Can't wait! I feel like a little kid waiting to go to Disney for the first time!

This trip shall be interesting since we will be trying out our hodge podge of an awning mod. We were hoping to get a trip in before the rally to try it out and fix any issues [MOD], but that wasn't in the cards. So, there will be a comical show at our site as we setup the mod awning, arguing is thrown in for FREE! [LOL] We would do it here at the house, but with a pain in the arse zeroscape yard the ground is to hard to sink poles in a little (or even stakes). [:O]

Kimmygr

Jun 20, 2013
I was sitting here thinking, depending upon what time the potluck is going to officially start there might be empty pavilions in one of the areas that we could utilize. I guess this would also depend on if the park has regulations that campers must be within the camping area by a certain time in the evening. Just an idea to think to about.

jyoung015

Jul 14, 2013
was just looking over the attendee list and noticed two people are listed for site 31 do not now if that is correct

jmcclung11

Super Active Member
Aug 10, 2008
Fishersville, VA
Site 31 is ShulaShack and Shevanigans....that is correct, they will be on the same site.

The website says that some sites are flooded, muddy, etc. I hope it clears up before the Rally!

We are ready for some fun!

cuckoo

Super Active Member
Sep 7, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
jyoung015 said:
was just looking over the attendee list and noticed two people are listed for site 31 do not now if that is correct

Got somebody looking out for me... Great job noticing that one. Yes there will be two campers on one site... Sorta. [;)]
One is a van therefore the Shevanigans... Thanks Jamie... Beat me to it... [:D]

While I'm active we'll go ahead and throw this out...

TABLES if we have any extra tables that can be utilized at the potluck dinner it would be greatly appreciated...

campermom

Feb 28, 2013
I have two tables that are about 2ft by 4ft (craft type tables). We usually only use one at camp I can toss the extra one in and bring along. [:D]

jyoung015

Jul 14, 2013
was just checking want every body to have a great time and a place to stay commaholly and i can not wait first rally for us and sounds like its going to be a full house hope we have great weather that week-end

fred51465

Aug 14, 2013
A friend of mine on reserved lot 51 and the received a call saying their lot (51) and 30 other sites are flooded and will be closed. I tried calling HRSP, but the line is busy.

Wizfisher

Super Active Member
Mar 5, 2009
I find it odd that they would call this soon. There is still a week and a couple days before the rally.
I'm sure it would dry out by then????

chasw98

Chuck, Debbie, and grandson Jacob
Jan 1, 2013
From this website 1 minute ago:
http://www.floridastateparks.org/hillsboroughriver/

Park Alerts for Hillsborough River State Park
Due to many consecutive days of rain and recent heavy rainfall, several of the park's campsites are flooded, damp and/or muddy. We sincerely hope to make your experience at Hillsborough River State Park as enjoyable and memorable as possible. Please contact the Ranger Station if you have a camping reservation or are contemplating camping with us over the next week. The Ranger Station can be reached at: (813) 987 6771.

Primitive Camping: We will not be reserving the primitive campsites due to flooding.

Trails: For your safety, all trails on the north side of the river (the Florida and Baynard Trails) are closed due to flooded conditions. Please anticipate some flooding and muddy conditions on all other trails and expect heavy mosquito activity.

Pool: The park's pool will be open every day from 9am - 5pm (weather permitting).

chasw98

Chuck, Debbie, and grandson Jacob
Jan 1, 2013
I just spoke with a Ranger at the park and she told me that my site 036 was not flooded. She did say that about a quarter of the sites are flooded. There is no particular section that is flooded but it does affect sites here and there. She also said that if it does not rain next week everything will be back to normal and there will be no closures. She also added that she cannot predict the weather.

Chuck

P.S. - Frank time for that non rain dance!

Wizfisher

Super Active Member
Mar 5, 2009
For the next 10 days it is supposed to be between 10 and 30 percent chances for rain.
Hopefully it stays dry enough to dry out.

Make sure you have plenty of bug spray.

Wildwoodflower77

Jun 10, 2012
sites 102 - 110 get really bad if the weather's been wet. If any of ours are in 106- or 108 they might still have a heck of a time. Super mucky even after a weeks drying out and right next to the swamp so it takes awhile for the water to recede (unless they've done something to improve drainage). Bring on the sun!

Wildwoodflower77

Jun 10, 2012
I just spoke to the Ranger too. My site is closed for the next two days and they ARE cancelling out reservations if they don't think the sites will be dry in time. Make sure to call before you go next week :(

clif1025

Nov 8, 2012
We received the call today, all 3 sites for our little group, site 55, 56, and 57 are flooded out and will not be dry until they have "several weeks of normal Florida weather." Not sure what's going to happen now. Very disappointed, to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.