2013 FLORIDA FALL RALLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky52

New Member
Apr 26, 2013
9
Hi All,
My DW just got a cancellation email, I called and got through to the [{:)] park ranger, we are on site # 109 and they said ours was a mistake and reinstated our reservation, :) but also said they got another inch of rain today. From what I have seen for the extended forecast rain chances are supposed to be low around 20% through Thursday 10-3 and 0% on Friday and Saturday. So if you get a chance you may want to call the [{:)] to be sure they cannot reinstate your reservation.
 

jmcclung11

Super Active Member
Aug 10, 2008
1,163
Fishersville, VA
Jim...I'm starting to understand more. The kids are starting to have more and more school activities going on. The oldest doesn't even like to miss school to go camping anymore!

Luckily, our kids are off school on 10/4 for a teacher in service day AND I am off work. It worked out perfectly. Therefore, we are leaving on Thursday afternoon next week! I get to watch everyone come in and set up on Friday!
 

campermom

Active Member
Feb 28, 2013
337
[:D] [:D] One more week [:D] [:D] This time next week there will be nothing but campfire to worry about [:D] [:D] Lets hope the amazing weather that we have right now continues.
 

Justhavefun

God made the Earth beautiful so we can go camping!
Sep 18, 2013
51
Hey guys the ranger called us today and said are site was underwater and they dont expect it to dry out in time for Ralley. We are still coming weather permitting of coarse. Really disappointed about we're just going to have to make the best of it.
 

Wizfisher

Super Active Member
Mar 5, 2009
1,271
Jamie and Jim, I understand too.
Courtney will not be joining me on Thursday and I will head home to pick her up on Friday afternoon.
She just doesn't want to miss school and says it is hard to do make up work with some of the tough classes she has.
She is in 8th grade and is taking 3 classes that are high school credit classes.

I was just happy to pass any of my classes. [LOL]

Hopefully it starts to dry out and everyone can make the rally.
 

Rgjad

Active Member
Feb 26, 2008
144
St Petersburg, FL
Unfortunately we won't be there now. Neither will Jim and Sue or Tom and Cinda. My site wasn't flooded but theirs were. They decided to go somewhere else to camp and we made the difficult decision to go with them. Who do I chose? My portal friends or my work friends. So this was a very hard decision for us. But I was really looking forward to spending the weekend with my boss away from work. So that was what we decided. I will miss seeing you all. Have fun and we'll see you all soon.
 

jdplus3

Member
Nov 7, 2010
64
unfortunately we have to cancel to due to my son's big homecoming weekend. Lot's to do and we need to be home. We have site 78 reserved and we will be canceling so it will be available by Saturday. Hope everyone has a great time, maybe we will see you all next time
 

Craig57

Active Member
Mar 29, 2009
595
Tampajim
If you have the time please drive thru the park to check on the conditions. It might settle some nerves for some of us.
Thanks & sorry you can't make it this time. Good luck to your DD.
Craig
 

Wildwoodflower77

Active Member
Jun 10, 2012
268
Don't count on Dead River, it's for non-profits and church groups. Used to be one of my favorite places to go for "me time" until the feral hogs rooted it all up :( Edward Medard Park is in Plant City and Lithia Springs just outside of Brandon both have nice sites but are walk up only. Anyone coming in on a Thursday shouldn't have any issues. If our site is still flooded by next Thurs, we may jump ship and camp at Lithia.
 

apachechuck

New Member
Aug 9, 2013
1
Got my cancellation today... SUCKS!!! Was our first PUP rally. Maybe be better around Halloween. The northern rivers are all overflowing too. We're geared up and ready with no place to go.
 

cuckoo

Super Active Member
Sep 7, 2009
1,816
Okeechobee, FL
Really hate to hear about all the cancellations but I guess that's Florida for you... The Sunshine State! [{}=]

Anyhoo due to unforeseen circumstances site #19 has become available for anyone that may have been flooded out...
 

Wizfisher

Super Active Member
Mar 5, 2009
1,271
Rgjad said she was canceling her site and that it will be available by Saturday.
Site 8 should be available soon too.

There may be a few other sites that become available.

Keep checking and maybe some of you can grab another site.
 

Wizfisher

Super Active Member
Mar 5, 2009
1,271
Not sure if this is 100% accurate but since Frank (cuckoo) is most likely at work I will help a bit.

Sites that should be available and NOT flooded. May be available tomorrow since they are not available as of right now.
8
78
106

Sites that are flooded and most likely canceled due to water.
51
53
55
57
105
107
110

If there are any concerns on whether or not your site is flooded, I would suggest calling the park directly to confirm.

The weather for the next week in this area looks to be good. Less than 30% chance of rain and sunny.
 

Kimmygr

Active Member
Jun 20, 2013
546
If you head over to Lithia, make sure you call before you go and check on if the spring will be open if you plan to swim at all. We camped there back in the end of July and the spring was open the day we got there (friday) then closed Saturday & Sunday due to high water and heavy rain towards Plant City area. THAT was a hot and interesting weekend! Especially since between the two of our families we had 8 kids who were disappointed because they couldn't go swimming!

We have just had so much rain this year! No one could have foreseen that it would have lasted this long!
 

cuckoo

Super Active Member
Sep 7, 2009
1,816
Okeechobee, FL
Thanks Matt...

Site 102 is available on line right now... Although it states it's available I would call first as suggested. Gonna be hit or miss on updates but we will keep you notified here... If any one happens to switch or grab different sites please post it up.... Thanks...
 

Glojo123

New Member
Sep 27, 2013
2
:) Hey, we are newbies to the forum. Planning on being there. We had site 51 reserved but it was cancelled due to all the rain. We did just pick up site 102. See you next weekend.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Top