2013 FLORIDA FALL RALLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmcclung11

Super Active Member
Aug 10, 2008
Fishersville, VA
That's about the only thing I like about Palm Bay. It is pretty low (like all of Florida), but they make all of the developers to bring in so much dirt for flooding control (and because we are on septic). My lot stays pretty dry all of the time. All the rain drains down to the empty lots next to me.

We got rain yesterday when they said it wasn't going to rain! ugghhhh! Hopefully this week, it doesn't rain over there in Tampa and the sites will dry out.

Blackpot

Spit, grit & duct tape - What more do you need ?
Oct 27, 2010
ATTENTION !!! The staff at Hillsborough River State Park cannot predict, prevent or otherwise control the weather in this area and apologize for any inconvenience caused by circumstances beyond our jurisdiction. [{:)] (public service announcement [;)])

OKAY. I drove around the campsites at the park around 11:00AM today. Conditions were far better than imagined and, except for a little standing water in low lying areas, you could have pulled in and camped at all but three sites. There were five sites that may have been considered soft but not muddy:51, 63, 64, 91 and 105. (102 was fine). 53, 54, and 55 were either muddy or had a small amount of standing water. If the rain will just hold off for three more days, they should be all right as well. Everything else was high and dry including areas that I expected to find soft. The campgrounds were pretty much full from this weekend.

The river was not up significantly since I last reported a week and a half ago, however, it seems to be flowing faster. USGS Stream Flow reports it up by .23 from normal. No white water, but I would assess it before taking children. Perhaps Craig57 can report from another database before next Thursday.

If the weather is like it was this morning, we are in for a beautiful campout. [SUN]

Craig57

Mar 29, 2009
Blackpot
Many thanks for checking out the CG!!! This will help settle many of our nerves.
Sorry I won't have any useful info as I have a 4 hour drive to get there.
See you all soon
Craig

chasw98

Chuck, Debbie, and grandson Jacob
Jan 1, 2013
Thanks Joe:
Your time is definitely appreciated. We also have a 4 hour drive across the alley (boring, boring, boring....) but we wil get to see aour oldest son this weekend. Remind to bring you a special treat this weekend. [:D]

Chuck

cuckoo

Super Active Member
Sep 7, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
Alrighty camp roster is done except for any changes... Have every body's names so that's a plus! Did a few things to pack and prepare yesterday. all is good to go except the last minute packing and food items...

Anybody bringing scooters? And Jamie do we need my cornhole?

jmcclung11

Super Active Member
Aug 10, 2008
Fishersville, VA
Cuckoo said:
Anybody bringing scooters? And Jamie do we need my cornhole?
Nothing extra packed for me...camper has been packed for a couple weeks now. Doubt that the scooter is making the trip...too much weight with the kayaks and all. If for some reason I can squeeze it on, it will come!

Frank...you always bring your cornhole, so yes we need it. If you, Matt, and me bring some, we can set up 3 sets.

clif1025

Nov 8, 2012
I finished loading everything up last night, except for the food of course. My DBIL is supposed to bring his cornhole set. I'll see if we can put it into general use some. If we get a lot of people for the tournament, more boards would make things move along nicer. Looks like the rain chances are starting to drop again. Let's hope. [8D]

jmcclung11

Super Active Member
Aug 10, 2008
Fishersville, VA
Clif..the more the better! :)

Not so fast my friend....Forecast isn't looking goof for Thursday or Friday...but Saturday is shaping up nicely. I am still praying that the "disturbance" in the Caribbean goes west and not north toward FL.

Also, I know some bring lights, but I am also bringing my double work halogen lights in case they are needed.

Brian-Katie

Jan 31, 2011
Gah....I hate to say this, but DH and I are starting to waiver.... It's our middle daughter's b-day weekend, and I'm worried about the weather! Going to watch the next day or two and hope things start to shape up.

What to do, what to do.....

carolsaucier

just the 2 of us
Aug 11, 2009
Palm Bay, FL
Brian-Katie said:
Gah....I hate to say this, but DH and I are starting to waiver.... It's our middle daughter's b-day weekend, and I'm worried about the weather! Going to watch the next day or two and hope things start to shape up.

What to do, what to do.....

Bring a birthday cake, candles, etc and let her have a huge birthday party. I bet she'll like 100 people singing happy birthday to her. We've done this a couple of times, great fun.

Kimmygr

Jun 20, 2013
It is a nail biting week for sure! [{}=] [{}=] go away...come back a week from this coming Sunday... [CP]

tampajim

Feb 26, 2006
Brandon, Florida
Folks, as I mentioned before I have to cancel. I was hoping for a last minute reprisal LOL Anyway, before I cancel site 8 wanted to see if anyone wanted to pick it up before I cancel tomorrow night. Friday - Sunday night. Recon from another friend today says my site is high and dry!

If anyone wants to purchase it, please get a hold of Cuckoo, jmcclug11 or wizfisher. They know how to get a hold of me quickly.

Hope everyone has a great time.

Gibby

Don't count time, make time count !!!
Apr 20, 2011
If all goes well with work and weather [{}=] we should be rolling in around sunset tomorrow... Looking forward to a fun relaxing weekend and meet-n some new puppers. Hope somebody in west Texas does a rain dance to pull that tropical weather their way.

Status
Not open for further replies.