2013 FLORIDA FALL RALLY

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by cuckoo, Apr 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chasw98

chasw98 Chuck, Debbie, and grandson Jacob

I have to say we had a great time. Putting screen names with faces got easier over the weekend. We had a lot of fun and are looking forward to more.

Up until the rally I felt like an isolated popup species. Now I know there are more of them in the world and they are great.

Joe and June put on a fabulous meet and greet (did not even have to eat dinner that night)! Frank organized the disorganization just right. The pot luck had more good food than I have seen in a long time. And I will never forget Carol's Pepper Jelly!

Chuck & Debbie.

2. Brian-Katie

Brian-Katie New Member

Thanks for a great weekend!! All of us came home happy and ready for a nap. :) Met some great new friends and the girls are already asking when we can see them again! Thanks Frank and Wendy for all of the work you did to make this happen....!!

3. Wizfisher

Wizfisher New Member

That's good. [:D]
    I had my brakes done on my truck last week and as I was pulling into our site, they went out. Called the dealer where we had the work done and they came and picked it up, fixed it, and delivered it back to me at the campground.

Packed up and finally left the campground just after 1:00. Headed to the pool for a couple hours and got home right around 4:00.
    We had a great time and I especially enjoyed how most of the kids got along and played together. Unfortunately I have to say most as there were a few in the other loop that weren't able to be in the "main" loop.

Frank and Wendy, once again great job.
    Joe and June, Friday night went great.

Looking forward to the next one.

4. Kimmygr

Kimmygr Member

We had a great time this weekend! It was nice to meet the folks we met and hopefully get to meet more of you at the next one! Sorry we missed the meet and greet, lost track of time setting up Friday evening. The food Saturday was superb! Will definitely have to get some recipes! [CP]

5. cuckoo

cuckoo Active Member

Wow... Awesome time again. Weather was great sorry it deterred some folks from showing up but like I said last night it's Florida whatcha gonna do...
    Great meeting so many new folks and getting to see old friends again. As has been said before you folks are what make the rallies successful!
    Joe and June thanks for taking over the reigns on the meet and greet. Also a big thanks goes out to those again whom provided supplies and brought gifts. Your the best! Krisitna thanks for taking the time to make the smores kits for the kids those were neat and spooky... Jody thanks for taking the time to set up the game activity... Bill had a blast!

Spring Rally info will be out later this week... So keep your eyes open! [SUN]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. campermom

campermom Member

We had a blast this weekend [:D]!!! Thank you Frank, Wendy, Joe, and June!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Glojo123

Glojo123 New Member

Really enjoyed the weekend. Meet up with old friends and made a few more. Thanks guys for all your work to get this together. Can't wait for the spring rally [8D]

8. carolsaucier

carolsaucier just the 2 of us

Blackpot, Craig57 and Chasw98 if you want the pepper jelly recipe pm me your email address.

Glad ya'll enjoyed it.

9. jmcclung11

jmcclung11 Active Member

Like everyone already has said. THANKS to Joe & June for Friday's Meet & Greet and to Frank & Wendy for hosting another outstanding Rally.

It was nice to meet new friends and see old ones again.

10. jmcclung11

jmcclung11 Active Member

One more thing....

Frank and I are still the

"Undefeated Florida Rally Cornhole Champions" !!!!!!! [:D]

11. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

looks like everyone had a great time

12. cuckoo

cuckoo Active Member

Poundcake!... [:D]

13. kelknight84

kelknight84 New Member

The Scott Family had a FANTASTIC time! Thanks all!

14. Blackpot

Blackpot Spit, grit & duct tape - What more do you need ?

This was the greatest rally yet! Frank, thanks again for all that you do to see that these events happen smoothly. You make it look easy, but I know that it is a lot like juggling chain saws.

The photos speak for themselves; the weather held for us and everyone came home with a smile on their face and at least one new friend. Let's face it, it's the great bunch of folks that come to these things that makes them so special.

I didn't get a count on who all attended, but there were around 25 new faces at the meet and greet and we all stayed and talked and laughed and all felt welcome when they left to finish setting up. A special thank you to the folks that brought all the delicious snacks to add to the table.

15. fred51465

fred51465 New Member

My family and I had great time! Thanks Cuckoo and everyone else who helped put this together! There was so much delicious food at the pot luck that I wasn't able o fit it all on plate. [:)C]

16. jdy2

jdy2 Member

Frank, thanks for organizing the rally. We had a great time and are already looking forward to the spring rally. :)

17. MetalDad

MetalDad New Member

We really had a great time. It was great seeing some familiar faces, and meeting some new folks as well. The kids had a blast with all their new friends. Friday night was great, meet and greet was top notch (Thanks Blackpot!), and according to the pictures on my phone, some late night silly time at my site that involved kids stoking the fire and the adults sampling some SC 'shine!

Saturday was another great potluck, and skillfully navigated by the Dragon Master/Wagon Master, Frank & Wendy are awesome! Such amazing food, but I must admit that for another consecutive year, it's Wizfisher's Bourbonless chicken that I go back for the most. I gotta learn that one!

The park was great, beautiful, biggest pool (certainly not the deepest) I've ever seen. And the staff was great. About two miles away from arrival, I blew a tire on the camper, did some damage, and there was nowhere safe to stop. I had the two little ones and the dog. At check-in, the ranger could see I was stressed, and calmed me down. I limped the camper to the site so I could change the shredded tire and set up. The campground hosts, Frank and Rhoda, were next door. He helped me change the tire, while his wife sat at the table playing Uno with my kids to keep them occupied. Another ranger helped me track down some AAA batteries to start the AC. What a great experience overall. We'll hit this park at least twice a year. You really can't beat the Florida State Park system.

Can't wait to see where and when the spring rally is...

18. Gibby

Gibby Don't count time, make time count !!!

We finally made it home just after 5pm with no blow outs!! Like MetalDad we had a tire tread separate on the turnpike on the way up.( Driver side )No fun to change with semi trucks passing 4 feet from yer hinny [PP]

Thanks to everyone who make the Rallies possible, especially Frank, Wendy, Joe, June and Bill to. The kids had a great time seeing old friends and meeting new ones to, as we did as well. I feel like my stomach is just now back to normal from Sat nights dinner and I can eat again. Hopefully we can make the spring Rally wherever it is.

19. clif1025

clif1025 New Member

I also want to throw my thanks to Frank, Wendy, and everyone else invonved in helping us have such a great weekend. Sorry we didn't get to spend too much time hanging out at the meet and great, but everything was great. Love those peppers. It's always nice to meet new people. We are looking foward to doing it again soon.

20. jjkach

jjkach New Member

Looks like you had a great time! Hillsborough River is great park. All the pics were great. Thanks for posting them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.