2013 - Texas Fall Rally

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by WendyLouWho, Oct 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shfd739

shfd739 Member

Re: Rally...all info in one thread, schedule included

Reservation made! Didn't think to ask Sheila about a site number.

2. WendyLouWho

WendyLouWho Wendy & Marlin

YAY! We are getting there!

And call Sheila back or look it up on google maps to see what site you might want. So far we are in the 50's (me, 50, skeeter 51, don't know about Indy? Chime in?) We have 43-63 reserved, some are better for different PUPS, she is good. I reserved one under trees since I thought I would be tent camping. She assured me it would still me fine for my 2nd NTU PUP.

3. shfd739

shfd739 Member

Those 50s look ok. We have a larger pup with a slide so some extra room is nice.

4. skeetercampsintexas

skeetercampsintexas Active Member

Cool! Welcome aboard! Should be a fun weekend!

5. Indy

Indy Member

We were told we didn't need a site number, but she did ask about our pup length & and we told her we were with the group. Whatever -we're not picky. We'll either going up Friday early or possibly calling back to check in even earlier Thursday night (probably Friday morning though, the site says absolutely no check-in after hours and dh won't get home til 7pm).

This is going to be fun. Would you believe we are actually looking into getting a tiny house of some sorts on a small lot in Livingston? Pop-up folks are definitely like minded people.

I'm also on board for shopping and girl time! I have no little ones to account for- woo hoo! My 18-yr-old is planning to come, but he'll hang with the guys.

Also, just to clarify, I'm not complaining about food at all. I'm serious - my husband and son will be SO excited and they'll bring some too. I'm used to accounting for myself while they eat venison and wild hog, so no worries & no need to make special plans for me. They get offended sometimes when I won't eat their venison, so I just wanted to explain so hopefully no one else is offended about my pickiness.

I'm excited.

6. WendyLouWho

Me too Indy, on all accounts! We are going to have a small and fun rally [;)] My NTMe PUP might still be in the transition stage, but since wheel wagons are new to me, I hope they are new to you to and it's an experience. It was made the year I was born! Sheesh.

And yes on the tiny house! I have a whole board on pinterest dedicated to tiny houses, lol. And give me land, and chickens, llamas, turkeys, goats...

I do have little ones to account for (one 11 yo girl, the 17 boy can be on his own, especially if there is an 18 yo around. That's the same age as his brother who is his best friend but sadly has to work on the weekends). Hey, the men can do the parenting while the women do their thing. Winery and shopping sound fun!

7. skeetercampsintexas

Seems like a ladies weekend [LOL] hey im all up for yall dragging my wife out of the house for some fun! My 4 year old superman will hang out with me and the guys. I think it'll be fun for all and more one on one with a smaller group anyhow!

Indy, no worries on the food thing, I dont tjink anyone takes offense to it! I certainly dont, and you wont be left out considering you and my wife are the same when it comes to wild game! How about everyone else bring the wild game and ill bring the store boughts?

8. WendyLouWho

Indy, no offense taken at all! We'll bring venison and store bought sausage [;)]

9. WendyLouWho

BTW, my 17 yo boy is wonderful with little ones (he has an 11 yo sis). It will all be good. 11 yo dd will definitely want to come with the women if that is okay.

Edit: maybe not...we will spend too much money between my vintage business and her love of it too. Oh boy.

10. Indy

Indy Member

My son is good with kids too. He's an only child, but is very close with my 14-yr-old niece. He also grew up real close to my best friend's kids, who are 14 and 11 now. It will all work out nicely.

I'm definitely fine with your DD coming also.

11. WendyLouWho

Shoot. All this talk of shopping and winery touring keeps me forgetting a reserved a booth at the Fall Festival at the campground pavilion! We'll see how that goes, but there will be some shopping there on site (thought I have never been and don't know the tenor of it all). Sheila says people sell everything from homemade wares to vintage (obviously, I will be selling vintage, mostly small things that are easy to transport).

12. skeetercampsintexas

Im gonna sell me some firestarters! Anybody want some? [:D] mine will ignite with a spark, so you dont need a lighter to light another larger lighter [LOL] im a bit of a survivalist

13. WendyLouWho

Do you use dryer lint?

14. skeetercampsintexas

:) trade secret!....its bits of cotton balls [LOL] however I use wood shavings in parrafin. Firestarters are obviously no big secret to make. Ill bring some for all to try. I even make some with magnesium flakes (pain in the butt to make as I have to create the shavings by hand) for use in high wind situations

15. WendyLouWho

Okay, I use dryer lint in paper egg cartons and paraffin [;)] You're pretty fancy, lol. They do work like a charm. I can't stand using fluid of any type. I think I have some in my girl scout box. I'll have to bring some.

The best fire starter I've found though...pinecones!

16. skeetercampsintexas

Pinecones are great and smell good too!! I put mine in little dixie cups cut in half.

17. Txbum

Txbum Pop up, Pop Top, Chill....Ahhhh

Ligther fluid in a water pistol! OOOps I didn't say that.....Hey guys/gals looking to be there for the rally...Txbum

18. WendyLouWho

Oh I am so glad! It will be wonderful to see you and Mary again [:D]

And then we will be "official" and I can submit out info to Steve to be Wagon Master and automate more!

Hope you are feeling better. Take care.

19. shfd739

shfd739 Member

Wait a minute.....we can have a real campfire at this place?

I haven't been around one of those in years lol...stupid drought

20. skeetercampsintexas

As far as I know theres no burn ban there.....don't talk about BOB or he will go away

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.