2013 - Texas Fall Rally

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by WendyLouWho, Oct 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indy

Indy Member

Re: Rally...all info in one thread, schedule included

Our son is 18 not 11

2. WendyLouWho

WendyLouWho Wendy & Marlin

Now where did I get that? Oh, well. Sorry! I won't forget now since our oldest is an 18 yo son. You have 2 adults to log.

In the long run, I don't think it matters and I can change it once the official rally board is set up (?).

3. Indy

Indy Member

No prob, just an FYI. Mat are I are still brainstorming on exactly what to bring, but we're excited! The weather this weekend was amazing - I'm hoping for more of the same at rally time!

4. skeetercampsintexas

skeetercampsintexas Active Member

Im bringing kitty cat poles. Never thought it'd be exciting planning a weekend of cooking! [LOL]

5. WendyLouWho

Um, what are kitty cat poles?

6. skeetercampsintexas

Catfishing poles lol

7. WendyLouWho

LOL. Okay. My dh is a big fisherman. I am sure he knew what that would mean. I am a little dull on that end. He sets it up, I fish. If I just fish, not catch, I go to the shooting range [;)]

8. phoodieman

phoodieman Active Member

Just booked site # 54. I'm in!

Phoodieman

9. Indy

Indy Member

Catfish, of course. I'm glad Wendy asked because I thought i must be the only clueless one.

Welcome, phoodieman... I'm so happy to see this is coming together.

10. skeetercampsintexas

Cool! Welcome aboard phoodie!

11. WendyLouWho

Whoop! Another to the Puppers madness [;)] Glad to have you aboard. I will add you to the list.

And Katie/Indy...there are no stupid questions. My dh is a diehard fisherman and I have never heard that term. Though I do know of noodling. Crazy thing, that. We, of course, don't do that. People die.

12. WendyLouWho

And YAY! I get to see an apache! Though dh might not be pleased. It's on my long list of campers to buy. Um, purchased two in month so far [:O] though I will turn it into a business like I do all the things I love...that is how I became a vintage reseller. Nothing comes in until something goes out so out it goes out (he said). Satisfies my passion for hunting thrift finds and makes money. Now, redoing campers and selling them. First to go is the jayco (sad) but I love the wheel camper more. next up...who knows? I want an apache for Me!

PS: Wheel Camper will never go. I won't let go of that turquoise beauty. Sorry Txbum. You know I will let you share.

13. WendyLouWho

Okay, since I am not formal yet (Steve is out of pocket...camping!).

Indy #48
    #49 is off limits for PUPs, too small but might be nice for a set up to gather round!
    WendyLouWho #50
    Skeeter #51
    Sdfd #52
    Txbum #53
    Phoodieman #54

So we are still all together. If it's small, we'll host the meet and greet at our site, the pavilion or site # 49 (again, new to this). Please PM me your names of all attending so I can have name tags for kicks.

Also, anyone bringing pets? I won't bring my cat, lol.

14. shfd739

shfd739 Member

We'll have our chocolate lab Tasha with us. I expect her to be in the river first chance she gets lol

15. skeetercampsintexas

Ill have my wife nicole, son wyatt, and 2 large-ish (60 lbs) dogs. Dont stare at the one in the orange collar. She's been taught to take that as a threat as she's my hunting dog. The one with a bow on her collar will be your best friend if you have hands to pet her.

16. WendyLouWho

I love dogs. We might try to bring our goofy corgi to this event (also loves water). The Border Collie is a barker and I won't subject that to anyone.

We shock collar train since we live on a creek bed and have to keep them in control. No longer needed now. They mind. But Sadie is goofy (as are all corgis. Love them still). Love labs. I would have one if I could. two is enough for us.

Okay, this is coming together nicely! I am so happy to meet some fellow puppers in November!

17. Indy

Indy Member

I'm Katie, dh is Mat, and ds is Nathan.

We're dog lovers too and always bring our two dogs, Indiana (SPCA mutt) and Melody (Boxer puppy). Both LOVE water. Indy is a little skittish about other dogs after he and dh were attacked by a pit bull at the dog park in April, so I'm not sure if he will be up to a large group. Melody is just a goofy, silly, lovable, crazy puppy. We promise to keep them both leashed and they have kennels in the camper they are used to if they aren't up to a crowd. It's actually kind of good that we're an extra site away so my Indiana won't feel nervous. Perfect!

18. skeetercampsintexas

I always love the rules of campgrounds. You have to keep them on a leash and they cant be tied to anything. I dont neglect my dogs nor mistreat them in any way but I do keep them tied up during most of the day while camping. Being in an apartment they don't get much time to just be outside so I let them lounge around outside. If this bothers anyone my apologies we will keep them inside for the sake of the group. Annie is madly in love with anything on two legs. But my other Latte is an active hunting dog and by nature and training she's not enormously fond of strangers. Funny thing though, if you pay her no mind she wants attention, if you stare at her she will give you a stern warning to keep your distance [LOL] dog personalities, eh?

19. Indy

Indy Member

I think tie-outs are fine. We use cables for tie-outs also, as do most campers, and I've never had any problems. They will be supervised.

20. WendyLouWho

Okay, off subject...since we have had so much fun here and learned so much and it's allowed us to plan a rally I have to mention it. You can donate to the site to help keep it going. Think about the mods and upkeep. If you go to the homepage you can "add a log to the fire" (right side) to donate $10 for a year. Just saying... [;)]

And skeeter, will your hunting dog be ugly to a goofy corgi who wants to love everyone up? My daughter will be in heaven with all these dogs! We really need to get Lucy under control, sadly barking is a border collie trait and since I am a stay at home mom, I don't discourage her at home (keeps me safe), we can't take her camping [:(]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.