2013 - Texas Fall Rally

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by WendyLouWho, Oct 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shfd739

shfd739 Member

Re: TX Rally...all info in one thread, schedule included

How much water did they take? Looks like the river is almost back at normal in San Marcos and Luling....it looks its running a little fast though.

We're still in. Weather should ok without the AC so we dont need 110v.

2. Txbum

Txbum Pop up, Pop Top, Chill....Ahhhh

Hi all, I heard my DW say something yesterday... out of no where she said.." I'm ready to go camping." I was shocked...we start getting ready today..she has to work all day. Friday so i may go early get set up and then come back to pick up honey. Or maybe she drive herself, oh no, wait she cannot drive at night too well. Gets dark early. I will bring a back up generator just in case. Richard ...Txbum

3. Txbum

Indy, we hear you and feel for you. I have been down that road with FIL it was tough. My DW is just now feeling better about it. Still hoping to meet you there. Txbum...richard and mary

4. WendyLouWho

WendyLouWho Wendy & Marlin

Txbum...I can't drive well at night either. Guess I need to eat more carrots.

UPDATE: the river is a bit high but going down. One fun piece of info I just found out...it's going to continue to rain there all week so expect MUD. Not a biggie for you PUPS but I will need to pack a bit more for tent camping.

I am definitely still game.

And Richard, if Mary is ready...you have to be in! [;)]

5. skeetercampsintexas

skeetercampsintexas Active Member

We are still in for sure! Little bit of wet and cold never hurt anyone and certainly wouldn't be the first time its happened!

6. Txbum

We are ready and willing to go, have a great time with everyone. According to the weather techs...forecast is for light rains, thru Wednesday. No where near the the totals of last week. Looks like rain will be more towards the Hill Country.. hopefully above the lakes that need the water so desperately. ... Txbum.. [:D]

7. Txbum

Skeeter, what time you plan on being at the camp site? Richard ...Txbum

8. skeetercampsintexas

We will probably be there right around check in time richard. Plan on leaving dfw around 8am. Got about a 3.75hrs drive ahead of us to get there and with my little spiderman I'm sure we will be making some pit stops.

9. WendyLouWho

Y'all will be there ahead of us, unless dh takes the day off or a half day (which we were sorta planning) so he'll be home to help pack up and be ready with our dd gets off the bus at 4:00. And we might be bringing her friend. 16 yo is in question since our Subaru doesn't have enough room for two others and camping gear much less three or 4. Sadly, a lot of our camping gear is at our ranch :( Make do and be happy. Isn't that what it's all about?

BTW, I asked for a late check out on Sunday around 4-5 ish if Marlin gets in this Austin class. I have no desire to tool around Austin with a car full of gear amusing two 11 yo girls until he gets out at 4 pm (even though it is my hometown). So I will be there late Sunday letting the girls run around or play games. I will read and listen for blood curdling screams just in case. [;)]

10. WendyLouWho

Okay, too late to edit the above post.

Word from dh...no half day Friday since he is in a training pull out Thursday. Ugh. Oh, well, we've set up in the rain, the dark, in the freezing weather. No biggie.

We'll be there, traffic willing, about 6ish. I should give the gift bags and name tags (time willing) to anyone going through SA. We are on the north side.

11. Txbum

Hey everyone, I have a co-worker that lives in Lockhart and is going to to visit Leisure Resort tomorrow morning e and advise me on the outlook for this weekend. Keeping my fingers cross and looking for dry firewood......... :)....Txbum....

12. WendyLouWho

We live on a creek bed here and can also scavenge for firewood...we do it all winter, lol. I'll send my boys on a mission while they walk the dogs.

13. shfd739

shfd739 Member

Ive got plenty of firewood I just need to split it. Ill move a little more into the garage to dry also.

Mud sounds fun lol. I wont tell Julie. After some mud camping at Hidden Falls off road park shes threatened not to go again.

14. WendyLouWho

OH! I just thought of something...plates, utensils, etc. Shall everyone bring their own or is it my deal since I am hostess? I am clueless. Any thoughts. We can do either. I am big green camper, so no paper for us usually but I can deal since it's a rally and fun (and, um, easy) [;)]

15. shfd739

shfd739 Member

We have dedicated plastic stuff and silverware that stays in the trailer so we're good

16. Indy

Indy Member

I don't think you should have to provide it, Wendy. We should all have stuff in our campers we can use, or we can pack it. I have dishes, but also use paper & plastic sometimes.... sorry. Sometimes washing dishes is difficult at camp.

17. phoodieman

phoodieman Active Member

The local weather men are saying it's going to clear Thursday. Aren't they always right????? I think it's going to happen that way though. So may be a little soggy but I think the weather is going to hold. I'm always right, ask my ex wife.

Phoodieman

18. Txbum

Hi all, we always bring extra this and that...just in case someone needs help......old Boy Scout" be prepared, be kind etc.." [:D] Txbum...oh oh...I am working a welcome sign....maybe everyone can autograph it for posterity's sake..."who is this posterity gal anyways?" [PU] [PUC] [PUT]

19. skeetercampsintexas

I think she was in that book...you know, the one about that thing with the doomaflinger. We too have dishes and utensils Wendy. I mean if you just feel like giving money away I've got a wallet and two empty hands [LOL]

20. skeetercampsintexas

Also just wanted to announce that I will try to work on a few fire starters for everyone to use while we are out there. I used them this past weekend while hunting and started all my fires with just a flint. I'm a bit of a survivalist and will gladly take any chance I get to train a bit more. That being said I did use my fire starters and typically carry a few with me and they certainly did the trick!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.