2013 - Texas Fall Rally

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by WendyLouWho, Oct 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phoodieman

phoodieman Active Member

Re: TX Rally...all info in one thread, schedule included

Rain should clear out today. (Wednesday). Then highs in the seventies lows in the fourties for three or so days. GOOD CAMPING WEATHER [:D] [CP] [PU]

Phoodieman

2. jeffnsa

jeffnsa Member

I am curious if they have a grill or fire ring at each site or is a bring your own? I looked at the pictures in the gallery but couldn't tell.

3. WendyLouWho

WendyLouWho Wendy & Marlin

I believe they have both but Txbum will know better since he stayed there. When we went for the vintage rally for the day/evening, I was just focused on the campers!

4. Txbum

Txbum Pop up, Pop Top, Chill....Ahhhh

Hey Jeffnsa, hi this is richard "Txbum" there are both a campfire ring ( old used 18 wheeler rim ) no grate on top, and a small park type open grill at each camp site.....If you go to the web site for leisure resort you will see some pictures in the gallery. Hope this helps. Oh bye the way the little store at the resort has everything , we usually buy an ice cream cone and souvenirs at the end of the trip. Just in case you forgot something like charcoal, lighter fluid , wood etc...they have food, drinks all kinds, bait, bath soaps, first aid stuff, floaties just bout everything. Oh yeah , you might bring your own trash bags...they do not have trash cans at any campsite. You have to take the trash to the dumpsters by the entrance. Smart on their part, helps keep litter down and animals away from the campsite......Txbum [SUN]

5. jeffnsa

jeffnsa Member

Thanks for the info. I can't wait for friday, it is taking forever to get here.

6. Txbum

Jeffnsa... I know what ya mean.. I took off work Friday but wife cannot ...so I will go set up and wait til someone else in the group shows up. Then go home and pick up the wife. I sure am de-bating...taking the teardrop vs the POP UP....but it is a POP UP Rally....soooo. I can't wait to show off the Rally sign I made for the group. Maybe we can all get a group photo and post it to the Rallies thread. Txbum

7. WendyLouWho

I can't wait to see it Richard! I think I got a sneak peak but it's not like the real thing. And I feel for you on the wife thing. I wish Marlin could take off.

I think signatures would be cool on the banner. I will have dh's camera (a nice one) but I think our dd broke our tripod. I will have to ask about the timer function since I don't use it often. A group pic is a must!

Well, I don't know if it's a gift but I am looking at it as such...we will be solo! Childless! What is that?!? I am used to having at least one of my babes with me. Oh, growing up is bittersweet. And with Marlin in class Saturday and Sunday I will truly be solo? I am NOT complaining [;)] I will fish, read, do needle work, have a noonday sale at the fall festival, nap and relax. And hopefully invade other's areas to visit.

So...thank you for all the kind offers of charcoal chimneys and such. We are going to take it easy and us the crockpot and my griddle since Marlin will be out early in the morn both days we won't bother with a fire. AND, we have two camping chairs here so we are good to go.

And Richard...at least bring pics of the teardrop.

EDITED: here is a link to the map of the campground for those who haven't viewed it or their site spot:
    http://leisureresort.net/pdf/LeisureResort.pdf

8. Txbum

Big 10-4 on the teardrop pictures...might take a small video of the teardrop and the Colorado to show on the portable tv.....Now what to take the Coleman Destiny Cedar PUP or the Coleman Colorado Push Up......Hmmmm? [?:~{]

9. WendyLouWho

Richard, you have too many campers. I think some of them need to be fostered [;)]

10. Txbum

Funny you say that... my DW says let's completely rebuild the Colorado , new floor, new canvas add some electrical and small window shaker, sound and lighting, sell the Destiny. I said let's sell the "teardrop" and then the FIGHT started. [LOL].....nope we need to add to the collection need a high wall unit...then a hard sided unit , then a A frame pop up unit. Getting ready for retirement you see. I plan to rebuild them and sell them. Have the buyers test drive set it up (with some guidance,) camp out at the ranch , where they BBQ, fish , ride the ATV and decide to buy or not.

11. shfd739

shfd739 Member

Come on Friday lol.

This is already turning into a long 2 nights at work -_-

12. WendyLouWho

It's TOMORROW! Everyone ready? I am excited and ready to get away...even in a borrowed PUP we know nothing about, lol.

Richard, that is my idea! I plan to buy old ones, fix them up and sell them. I think my dh would disagree given my long list of home projects that don't take up driveway space [;)]

13. skeetercampsintexas

skeetercampsintexas Active Member

I'm sooooo ready! Fixing a significant fuel leak on mama cass that developed yesterday and also about to go get my #2 injector to correct my misfire. Got all my deer meat processed yesterday and bbagged up in the freezer, have WAY more than I need lol. Ill trade some chili meat for firewood...anyone, anyone?

14. WendyLouWho

No...but talk to me about backstrap or tenders [;)] j/k I wouldn't part with those myself.

edited: and skeeter, sounds like you have a lot to fix! Hope all goes well.

15. skeetercampsintexas

Fuel leak is officially unfixed until the part comes in. If it doesn't, I've got redneck engine-uity lol! Misfire is officially fixed though!!! $250 injectors are hard to look at, easier just to put em in and forget about the $$$

16. Txbum

How much firewood you looking for [?]

17. skeetercampsintexas

Well seeing as we live in an apartment, enough to last what the weekend may require. We don't cookover the fire so just enough for staying warm

18. WendyLouWho

I still haven't collected firewood!

We hopefully have a new family joining us! His name is T-minusRetire and I ask him to post to the board. Hopefully he'll chime in. So, we might be 8 families strong! Go Texas Puppers!

19. MycaPie

MycaPie "Learnin' 'bout Cuba. Havin' some food."

I wish I had seen this thread before now! We could have planned on meeting you guys. We are going to driveway camp and figure out our furnace and how to use the hot water heater and what else we need to camp this winter. Love south Texas! Camping season is just beginning for us! Have fun. Next weekend we are camping in the National Forest at Cagle Recreation area! YAY!

[CP] [PUC] [PUT]

20. Txbum

MycaPie, come on down! Where are you from , what part of Texas?....Txbum

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.