2013 - Washington Summer Outing

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by PNW Family, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heartman_wa

Heartman_wa Active Member

Who was unruly the twins I didn't see much of them? Colton wasn't unruly just a kid camping.

2. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

Pictorial Guide to the Washington Summer Outing Pot Luck Dessert Extravaganza.

The rally was scheduled for the weekend of June 28th at the Salmon La Sac campground in Washington's Cascade Mountains. In attendance were: Hartman_wa, PDieter, ElectronFlux, PNW Family, vjlarson, CampinMomma, Unstable_Tripod, Steve A, and Huntero1975. Hartman-wa and I arrived on Thursday. The others arrived Friday. Huntero1975, Steve A, PDieter and vjlarson left on Sunday while the rest of us left Monday – except Hartman_wa who stayed until Tuesday. The Pot Luck was Saturday night.

I’ll break this into multiple posts so that no single post has too many pictures.

We gathered on Steve A’s site next to his Apache.
    [​IMG]

Steve A breaks out the Mimosas.
    [​IMG]

Since it was a dessert pot luck featuring S’Mores, marshmallows were popular. Here PNW Family demonstrates his “cooking style.”
    [​IMG]

This young lady took a more refined approach.
    [​IMG]

Here vjlarson wipes her roasting fork between marshmallows
    [​IMG]

(continued…)

3. Unstable_Tripod

ElectronFlux and his kids watch the spectacle.
    [​IMG]

Vjlarson’s DH sits with ElectronFlux and his DS.
    [​IMG]

Meanwhile, Unstable_Tripod’s DW (right) chats with PDieter’s DW and DD…
    [​IMG]

…and some of the kids give PDieter’s dog some attention while he watches.
    [​IMG]

(continued…)

4. Unstable_Tripod

Popup Steve sent goodies to be awarded at a raffle and PNW Family rose to do the duties.
    [​IMG]

Hartman_wa and his DW watch.
    [​IMG]

So do Huntero1975, his DW and DS.
    [​IMG]

Meanwhile, PDieter uses his iPad to do some photography with CampinMomma behind the corner of the Apache.
    [​IMG]

I’m not sure if Steve A, his DW and DS were watching PDieter and his iPad of something else.
    [​IMG]

(continued…)

5. Unstable_Tripod

This guy and his DDs were not actually part of the rally but since they were camping in a PUP near us we drafted them. They may become Portal members soon.
    [​IMG]

Here is one of several group photos taken.
    [​IMG]

Here’s our campsite, to provide an idea of what the CG was like.
    [​IMG]

The view into the middle of the loop from our campsite.
    [​IMG]

All in all it was great fun. It’s nice to have faces and voices to put with the names and posts here on the Portal. If you haven’t attended a Portal rally give it some consideration. You will almost certainly enjoy it!

6. PNW Family

PNW Family New Member

Great posts, UT!

Heartman - I just felt bad that oldest got a bit overexcited and tried to make your firewood grow... (by watering it, for those of you wondering). He really REALLY liked playing with your grandson, though. Kept talking about him when he came back to our site.

7. vjlarson

vjlarson Active Member

Great pictures all. It's fun to relive it. [;)]

8. Heartman_wa

Heartman_wa Active Member

That is what kids do. It was handled no harm no foul.

9. electronflux

electronflux Member

Hey everyone, I made it back home without incident. Stopped off in Medical Lake to visit with a friend who used to work in my shop. He may have convinced me to move there after I retire, since the job market for my skills are growing in Spokane instead of shrinking back in NE Ohio. So, we'll see what happens. DW has already found some houses that she likes online and I went to check them out in person.

-SteveA - No issues with the engine light this time, I expect that I was carrying considerably less beer (none) and less ice in the coolers. And as far as adding a tranny cooler or any other kind of cooler, My truck already has one/both. It has a tow package (duhhh on me). I'm still going to take it in to see why the light came on and why the tow button on the gearshift doesn't work.

It was great to meet and talk with everyone...see your setups. I got a few ideas from Heartman_wa for making use of my outdoor utility shower.

I didn't take as near as many pictures as I wanted, but the ones I did take will be posted asap.

10. PNW Family

PNW Family New Member

Glad to hear from you. I've put the beer you gave me to good use. [:D]

11. vjlarson

vjlarson Active Member

Glad you got home okay, Matt. Now everyone is accounted for and safely home.

12. Unstable_Tripod

Not for long! We leave on our big summer trip a week from tomorrow. Can't wait.

13. PNW Family

PNW Family New Member

Have fun, and tell us all about it when you get back!

14. vjlarson

vjlarson Active Member

So jealous! I hope you both have a great time!

15. Steve A

Steve A A bad day camping beats a great day at work!

When Mama's Happy EVERYBODY'S Happy

Who had the double shower tent? CJ saw one and I incorrectly thought she was talking about Huntero and asked him about it. Anyway...

She wanted to know if you thought you'd buy it again or would you go with something else? How difficult is it to put up? One person or multi-person job?

I guess I'm going to be looking for something along those lines.

16. electronflux

electronflux Member

Steve,

Heartman_WA had the double shower tent. His pup, like mine, has a utility shower on the driver's side of the pup. It has a dry side and a wet side with a divider in the middle and a couple of fabric caddys for shower accoutrements.

These tents can be found at KMart or on their website for approx $49.99

I'll be getting this tent very soon.

The single one I have is a little small for showering, but it is just the right size for the luggable loo when I'm boondocking

17. Steve A

Thanks, Matt. I appreciate it. I went and looked back at the locations of the campers. I thought it might have been Heartman's.

(Just had breakfast with one my cousin's on her way back to WA from MT. Moses Lake is a good stopping point.)

18. vjlarson

vjlarson Active Member

I saw one at WalMart the other day too. I thought about getting it but then I didn't. We saw inside of Heartman_WA's too and it's really nice. I like the fact it had a dry and a wet side. He rigged up his outside shower really neat too.

19. Steve A

That's the plan, Vicki. We'll use the Coleman On Demand Hot Water System in there. I've got to buy some longer tubing so we can set it on the ground and run the water up to a spray head. It's no problem at all to modify.

By the way, a cool 93°F with a mere 16% humidity today. Are you ready to come back to the dry side?

20. vjlarson

vjlarson Active Member

Yeah, Mark extended the hose on his outside shower. I wish I'd have taken pictures. We have an outside shower and I don't think we've used it in a couple of years - and that was to wash off the grandson's feet. I can definitely see one of those if we dry camp for an extended time - but then we'd have to fill the water tank and start the hot water heater. Sometimes I wonder why we even have those amenities!

Ah... a cool 93 degrees? It's a little over 80 here and I'm too hot! I'm melting... I'm melting. Went to two movies this weekend just to be in air conditioning!

Cool things off and we'll be back. [:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.