2013 - Washington Summer Outing

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by PNW Family, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huntero1975

huntero1975 New Member

Ya I hear ya.. We have only had our popup out once last summer. But I bought late in the summer and it needed a front board replaced. How ever I hope to camp a few times before the rally weather and time pending.

Just got our new potty the other day a thetford 550e curve. and I got a anti sway bar cause she gets squirrely at 60 and above.

And now I am working on custom shower drain. I looked at some of them on fleebay and just went about bought parts and I am going to using collapsible 5 gallon bags as holding tanks for the shower and the sink being that they are gray water. alot easier to dump than a open bowl or small bucket. Not sure why Coleman would have put the shower drain right next to the door but they did. +

I really am going for a boondock set up with our rig. I often have seen some great little spots of the side roads next to little creeks or rivers. And I hope to be able to stay in those kinds of places for a few days at a time.

2. Steve A

Steve A A bad day camping beats a great day at work!

I'm bringing my solar set up along with on my first outing. Even though I've got an electric site, I want some practice in both set up and operation. Hey, learning is learning.

Out here on the Nevergreen side of the state, solar's definitely the way to go. Summer offers about 17 hours of sunlight. I want 'em all!

. o O ( Now if I could get my mind off the wind powered too! )

3. huntero1975

huntero1975 New Member

sweet man.. sounds like i would like to see what you got going..

I have a 1500watt cobra inverter that is like new used one time. for sale if you need one. it is real nice. and it comes with 0 gauge wire harness.. 100.00 for all of it. It is just sitting in the garage now that I have the pup I orginally bought it to use for tent camping for air pumps and different stuff. I bought less than a year or right about a year ago..

4. vjlarson

vjlarson Active Member

Previous commitment was worked out and we're able to make this outing. We just reserved Site 61.

5. vjlarson

vjlarson Active Member

I think all the sites at SLS are standard non-electric, Steve. It's great that you have a solar set up. We'd like to see that.

6. Steve A

I was thinking of a different trip. Hopefully I'll have a grip on what I'm doing. And yes, all are invited to scope it out.
    Camping season won't be here soon enough!

Sent from an HTC Android phone using Tapatalk 2 while ignoring the realities of life.

7. PNW Family

PNW Family New Member

List updated, but I had to make a lot of assumptions. If any information is incorrect, please let me know and I will correct it.

8. vjlarson

vjlarson Active Member

I'm sorry about that. You did good though. All is correct except our departure. We're probably going to have to leave Sunday, but we reserved for Sunday night just in case we can stay. Even if we can't, at least we won't have to leave by noon and can take our time. Looking forward to this. I'm SO ready to go camping.

9. PNW Family

PNW Family New Member

Ok, updated again. We'll see you there! :D

10. PNW Family

PNW Family New Member

Update: As of 2-8-13, only 2 sites close to the main group (49 and 63) are still reservable. A total of 10 reservable sites (including 3 pull-throughs on the Cle Elum River side) remain open througout the whole campground.

If you're thinking of reserving, now's the time to do it, before the last of the spots are swallowed up!

11. vjlarson

vjlarson Active Member

Wow... lucky us.
    We hadn't found our Senior Pass by the time I made our reservations. I found it today. Wahoo. Just updated our reservation and it made a big difference in the price. It's the first time we've used it.

12. Sal C

Sal C Member

Are any more sites open as for now for some az folks as of now????

13. Sal C

Sal C Member

Just reserved site 63. Whoever is keeping track of the people, put us on the list.
    Arrive fri nite. June 28...leave July 1. Just 2 of us Me and DW.

14. PNW Family

PNW Family New Member

List updated. I think you automatically win the "longest journey" award. [:D]

15. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

That's great!

16. PNW Family

PNW Family New Member

At this point, thanks to Sal's reservation, we cover so much of that loop that I consider 66 and 68 to be close enough to be considered the main group.

While there are now only 8 reserveable spots left in the whole campground, there are 3 left in the main cluster: 49, 66, and 68. Get in your reservations early! These will fill up as soon as the locals start thinking of camping season!

17. Steve A

VERY cool, Sal! Welcome to the PNW! It'll be great having you join us.

When we did our Apache Round Up last year in CA, we had folks from CA, NV, UT, WA, BC and even KY join us. We had about 30 units with close to, if not more than, 70 folks.

18. huntero1975

huntero1975 New Member

great to see someone from my home state make it all the way up to my transplanted state...

welcome to the pac north family..

19. hudson98065

hudson98065 New Member

We reserved site 49 from friday thru Monday. 2 adults (Bill and Barbara) and 2 pups. Hope our HiLo will be considered part of the Popup family. Looking forward to meeting all. best wishes

20. Steve A

You're MORE then welcome Bill & Barbara! Good to have you with us.

Where abouts are you from in WA? My family is in Moses Lake on the Nevergreen Side.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.