2013 - Washington Summer Outing

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by PNW Family, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PNW Family

PNW Family New Member

Sorry to hear. I've updated the attendee list thread. We'll see you out there some time!

2. Steve A

Steve A A bad day camping beats a great day at work!

Sorry you have to opt out. The best to you. Hope to see you 'round the campfire some other time.

3. Steve A

Here's a horrible update from our end.

Tuesday, about a block from leaving the high school where I work, I was stopped in a long line at a stop sign. A young lady driving a Honda Odyssey hit another Honda Odyssey which hit me (in my tow vehicle) which hit a Ford Explorer in front of me.

My truck is still drivable, but at this moment it is unable to tow as the rear collision cause the tow hitch to change from its nice stable "3:00 o'clock" position to more of a "4:30-5:00 o'clock".

I'm taking it to a body shop today to see if they even think they'll have it ready in time for my wedding camping trip on the weekend of June 14th at Cape Disappointment SP.

This is really bummin' me out!

I'll be in touch. Worst case scenario, we'll still be there (both wedding and this trip) but in a tent.

Hasta luego,
    Steve, CJ & Josh

4. vjlarson

vjlarson Active Member

Steve, I'm so sorry! I'm sure glad you weren't towing your PUP when this happened. Hopefully the Body Shop can get your TV in right away and get it done by the 14th. Fingers crossed.

Vicki

5. Steve A

I'm optimist, to say the least.

Sent from an HTC Android phone using Tapatalk 2 while ignoring the realities of life.

6. Platypi

Platypi New Member

We have to cancel as we have a family wedding on Sunday that we can't miss. Let me know if anyone wants to take our site #48. So bummed we are going to miss this.

7. Steve A

Sorry to hear that, folks.

Good-ish news on our front. Truck went into the fix-it shop yesterday. Although they won't get to it until at least the 5th, the owner's all but promised it'll be ready by the 13th so I can have it to take our wedding camping trip. I am/we are relieved.

See y'all soon!

Steve, CJ & Josh

8. TerraKacher

TerraKacher New Member

Hmmm, very tempting, I hope my pup will be ready by then. I sent Platypups an pm about their site. If I can convince my DW...

Do the sites have electricity/water? And did I see the rates per night at $40 per night?

9. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

Vault toilets and no hook-ups. This is a national forest campground. Water is available in the campground. It's $20 per night, plus the reservation fee, which is $9. If you are a senior and have a federal access pass the nightly fee is half that.

10. TerraKacher

TerraKacher New Member

Well, I sent Platypups a pm and they said that we have 1st dibs on their camp site. I told my wife about it, and she is excited to go. So if everything works out, we will see everyone there.

11. PNW Family

PNW Family New Member

Wow, a lot's gone on this weekend! Hope to see you guys there, TerraKacher. Steve - hope your truck comes out OK. Is the insurance for the at-fault party not paying for your rental car? When I got hit a few years back, the other party's insurance had to pay for my rental, for almost 3 weeks while I got my car back (brand new model of car, parts weren't available... unlike your Ranger)

12. Steve A

My insurance is covering the rental -- thus far. Once the other party's insurance owns up, it all gets billed to them.

I'm very hopeful about getting the truck back in time. CJ, not so much. She thinks our luck has played out.

13. PNW Family

PNW Family New Member

Well, everyone... welcome to June, the month of our rally!

14. TerraKacher

TerraKacher New Member

The count down is on for us, were going to be there on Thursday the 27th.

So 23 days and a wake up...

15. PDieter

PDieter Member

Going to pop mine open this weekend from the winter slumber. Just of much work in my life this year. It will be nice to get out even just for a weekend.

Fortunately the years are just lying by these days.

16. PNW Family

PNW Family New Member

We'll be "warming up" the weekend before with a shorter trip to the central cascades. Getting very excited!

17. Sal C

Sal C Member

Well folks, a family situation has come up, and DW and I will not be able to attend [:(] this year . I have reserved site # 63 if any one can use it! I have it reserved from Fri nite to Sunday nite. I can cancel my reservation, with a 10 buck charge, but I'd rather have someone else use it who wants to come up there and doesn't have a reservation.
    PM me if u are interested

18. rsttoole

rsttoole Hello from Boise Idaho

We are still coming from Boise. We will arrive Thursday pm to get one of the walk up sites. Might be a ways away from the group but hoping for a bit more space or privacy!

19. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

So sorry that you can't make it, Sal C.

20. electronflux

electronflux Member

I would like to attend, but the only sites left aren't reserve-able (first come first served).

I don't want to drive 9+hours from MT and not be able to camp out.

...suggestions please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.