2013 - Washington Summer Outing

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by PNW Family, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

That last one sounds great.

2. vjlarson

vjlarson Active Member

I'm not much of a beer drinker either but boy, some of those look really good.

3. PNW Family

PNW Family New Member

My employer gave me a growler of scotch ale from Black Raven in Redmond a year or so back as a little extra bonus gift. It was fantastic.

4. barbjmj

barbjmj Member

Washington Rally: change in plans

Hello, fellow campers!

As suspected we will NOT be making the rally next weekend. Parental health care is on high demand so it's not prudent for us to leave right now. We are sad about canceling - especially so late. We had three outings booked this summer and now all three have been cancelled due to parent care-taking. Such goes life. We won't be making any more camping plans this summer as circumstances are changing so fast we just can't predict when would be a good time to be away.

That being said we had reserved two sites, 59 and 60 which are side-by-side. I hope someone can use them. If you can please PM me and we'll make arrangements.

Have a great time! I look forward to weeping over the pictures. [:D]
    Barb

5. Steve A

Steve A A bad day camping beats a great day at work!

Sorry to hear that, Barb. We hope things get better for you sooner than later.

Sent from an HTC Android phone using Tapatalk 2 while ignoring the realities of life.

6. PNW Family

PNW Family New Member

Sorry to hear you won't make it. Perhaps another time.

7. PNW Family

PNW Family New Member

Weather forecast for the rally is now in full view. 81 and mostly cloudy every day except Monday, which will be 83. Lows in the upper 60's.

8. Steve A

I'm sure that forecast is going to be well received by the Larsons'. They're camping about 20 miles south of me and it's been raining daily. I don't get it, this is the desert, dangit! We shouldn't be getting this rain!

V & L, I'm sorry. It wasn't raining until we returned from our trip to the beach on the 17th.

9. PNW Family

PNW Family New Member

I'd say you're jinxing it and you need to stay home, but you've got the Apache AND are hosting the potluck...

10. Steve A

Apache's are dry!

11. cssweeney

cssweeney Member

We are so close to the date [8D] YAY, this is going to be a great weekend...

12. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

We are leaving around noon tomorrow. See you soon!

13. Steve A

I think Vicki and Larry said they might be heading out today. We're definitely leaving tomorrow. See y'all there!

14. PDieter

PDieter Member

Anyone compiled an updated attendance list?
    Or just a list of cancelations?

15. PNW Family

PNW Family New Member

I have updated the attendance list as of this morning: http://www.popupportal.com/index.php?topic=69017.0

All reservable spots seem to be gone. Not sure who our new neighbors are going to be. If they're pop-ups, let's give 'em a warm welcome! Or at least a "hi".

16. Steve A

Just about fully packed. The last minute stuffs including food and "carry-on luggage" will go in the truck in the morning.

I was talking to our neighbor across the street. When we first moved here they had a Coleman Pup. They went with a TT and are enjoying life. She asked if I'd ever camped at Salmon La Sac. "Not yet, but we'll be there tomorrow." I, nay, We are all pretty excited about this trip.

Hasta maƱana, y'all.

17. electronflux

electronflux Member

The pup is loaded, the truck is packed and we'll be leaving at the buttcrack of dawn. See you all tomorrow afternoon.

18. cssweeney

cssweeney Member

Have a safe trip ElectronFlux. See you all tomorrow [:D]

19. Steve A

We're home alive and well and with no extra mileage (didn't make any wrong turns) and no long waits. We noticed as we crossed I-90 to head east, westbound was a mess for miles.

Thanks for everything, everybody and special thanks to Mr. PNW Familiy and our resident Zoomie for their assists from the beginning to end.

See ya next time,
    Steve, CJ & Josh

20. vjlarson

vjlarson Active Member

We're home too. We did put on some extra miles though... a lot of them. We saw the I90 parking lot and decided to go up to Hwy 2 instead of hopping on the interstate and dealing with all that traffic. So we took back roads out of Cle Elum to Ellensburg, then went up through Blewett Pass to Hwy 2 and finally west towards home. It took a couple extra hours but it was worth it. The drive was beautiful and the traffic was minimal. Hope the others that left today made it home okay... and I hope the ones that are leaving tomorrow or Tuesday have safe travels as well.

What a great time we had. Thanks to all who were able to make it. It was so nice meeting you all. I'm so sorry for those who couldn't make it and hopefully you'll be able to join us next time.

Thank you so much PNW Family for organizing this great get together. It was wonderful. And Steve... thank you for hosting the fun dessert pot luck last night!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.