2013 - Washington Summer Outing

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by PNW Family, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PDieter

PDieter Member

Apparently we got out ahead of the traffic as it was doing the speed limit he whole way back for us. It was a fun weekend and nice to put faces to names. Pictures posted in the album and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone else's.

2. Steve A

Steve A A bad day camping beats a great day at work!

We say a bike laying against a rest stop pit toilet... Vicki? Did you forget something again?

3. vjlarson

vjlarson Active Member

I'm working on my pictures. I hope to get them posted today but I have to resize and label them. Really enjoyed yours! [;)]

Glad you missed the traffic. I checked the internet to see if they were blasting at the pass and what time they had it scheduled for if so, but it didn't appear they were doing any yesterday so we were really surprised at the traffic. You were fortunate to have missed it.

4. vjlarson

vjlarson Active Member

OK now, in my defense...

We stopped by the Roslyn Café for lunch after leaving Salmon La Sac (love that café). We had a nice meal and then headed over to Cle Elum to return something to the hardware store before hitting the road for home. When Larry looked for his debit card to have the purchase credited back, he realized he'd forgotten his card at the Roslyn Café. So, it was back to Roslyn again. It's a good thing we had that errand in Cle Elum or we would've gotten all the way home before he noticed it was left behind. I jumped on that and told him he shouldn't tease me about my bike anymore because at least I would NEVER forget one of those little plastic cards - and I ask you, doesn't that count for something? But I guess not. Like he said, "At least I didn't drive back to Roslyn, go into the café to get my card and still come out without it". Whaaaa. He had a point.

Steve... I am going to enjoy the teasing "payback" whenever it comes. I've got my spies out. [LOL] [LOL] [LOL]

5. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

We just arrived home about half an hour ago. The drive was no problems all the way, even through the I-90 construction zone. It took us two hours. Now comes the "dreaded" unloading and clean-up phase of a camping trip. It was great to meet everyone. I hope everyone enjoyed themselves. Looking forward to another rally next year! I'll be processing the pictures I took and posting them soon.

6. PNW Family

PNW Family New Member

We arrived almost two hours ago, but it's taken that long to resolve my dumbass SPUT. I drove off with my crank handle still attached... [V] Thankfully Apache Camping Center has Coleman cranks in stock, but I really REALLY didn't want to have to go out again, much less pay the money.

Next time anyone sees me drive by with my crank still in, throw your beer at me. :p

7. vjlarson

vjlarson Active Member

Dang! You and Steve seem to be taking the hit on the SPUTS this outing!

8. cssweeney

cssweeney Member

I am home also. Got home about 2:30. Ran into the slowdown on I-90. 20 mph or about 30-45 minutes.

The rally was great. Had a great time meeting everyone. Definitely will do this again next year.

Thanks PNW family for organizing this.

9. Steve A

Jeff - Oops! Blame the twins.

CM - Glad you made it home safely. We were sure glad we weren't heading that way.

I'm already eyeballing a next trip for the next week or so... hmmm... so many choices.

10. Steve A

Just had a note from Matt. He and family have stopped in Medical Lake to visit his USAF bud out of Spokane.

I had dropped him an earlier msg trying to find out his whereabouts and making sure he was alive and well.

I think that covers everybody, right?

11. cssweeney

cssweeney Member

Nope I think we still have Heartman_wa. Mark said he was staying another night [8D] and would be home Today (Tuesday). So we look forward to hear from him :)

12. Heartman_wa

Heartman_wa Active Member

Be glad you left and didn't stay one more day. It hit over 102 Mon afternoon. and so muggy you couldn't breath. didn't cool down untill about 0200 this morning. So I am now home with A/C running AHHHHHH [:D]

13. cssweeney

cssweeney Member

Yes I am happy I went home when I did also. That would have been WAY TOO hot for me. Glad you made it home safely. Thanks again for your great hospitality. You and your family are awesome. Thanks again

14. PNW Family

PNW Family New Member

And once again I apologize for my unruly child...

15. vjlarson

vjlarson Active Member

You're lucky you had air conditioning! We don't and had to go out to eat last night to cool off. [:D]

16. Steve A

[quote author=PNW Family]
    And once again I apologize for my unruly child...
    [/quote]
    I was right next to you. I sure don't remember any unruly children in any of our lot!

17. Steve A

Very funny, Vicki. CJ's gonna love that one.

18. vjlarson

vjlarson Active Member

I didn't see any unruly children either. In fact, I thought they were all great. I couldn't believe how well the three babies did either.

19. Heartman_wa

Heartman_wa Active Member

I thought with the temps and humitity all the kids were wonderful

20. vjlarson

vjlarson Active Member

I loved watching your group of little ones play in that water! They were so happy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.