2014 FALL 'C U @ THE SEWER' RALLY

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by RotnMom, May 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

That's ok Tom. I understand the long drives. James & Tina had to cancel due to mandatory work. So far everyone's doing great. Big food tonight, YUMMY!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

Drive safely Bill!!
    :-D

3. MintHillBill

MintHillBill Member

OK.. leaving now. Should be there at 1pm. Getting my camera and then pulling out the drive.
    See y'all soon !
    Bill

4. Strut

Strut Member

Y'all better hurry up... you're missing all the good food!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. vulcan classic

vulcan classic New Member

Arriving at 3:00 perfer electric if available

Sent from my iCook iClean iWork!

6. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

What's in all the DOs?

7. mnebinger

mnebinger Livin' The Dream!

Ahh this is the life!

8. mtnman1989

mtnman1989 Member

Our first Sewer Rally! WOW! We are so glad we came, you folks are awesome! Everyone made us feel very welcome. We were accepted like family. I don’t remember the last time I saw a group of folks this size get together and get along so well. We felt very comfortable.

The Sewer Rally “cast iron cookers” have some real talent. The food they prepared was absolutely wonderful. These folks start early each morning before daylight and are cleaning their cast iron pots way past dark.

The facility is very nice. It is set up like a cross between a golf course and a camping resort with a sewer treatment plant in it. It is well maintained, clean and landscaped beautifully.

This rally is one of the best events a camper could attend. I feel sorry for all the folks that live too far away to enjoy it. I am looking forward to the next one.
    mtnman

9. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

We're more than glad to have you guys here!! Sorry you'll miss the raffle and potluk, but we'll be watching for you at other rallys, and you better come back here next year!!!

Pam
    Your Wagon Mistress

10. Phranc

Phranc New Member

Well, I wish I had the chance to make it. I need major surgery Monday to repair erosion damage from hernia damage and they are going to take half my belly.

You guys enjoy your selves, and maybe a little for me, also. Have a great rally and I will hope for the next one.

11. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

Wish you were here too, Phranc!! Sorry to hear the diagnosis, buy we all wish you a fast and successful recovery!! Then you can start on the rally trail!! You could come up to Philpott and I'll help you setup so you can relax & enjoy the recovery. [A]

Sending good vibes your way!!!

Pam

12. mtnman1989

mtnman1989 Member

we'll be watching for you at other rallys

Other Rallys? Where? When? Is there a rally schedule somewhere? Who all is going? Who is cooking?
    mtnman

13. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

Look at the top of any page and there is a link called Rallys or Rally info. It breaks them down by region, then state, then you just see if anything is going on where you're headed, when you're headed there. Most are based on a season, some around holidays. It's up to the rally leader. Hope you guys find more rallys along your travels!!

Happy Camping!!

Pam :-D

14. PinnMcrack

PinnMcrack Active Member

RotnMom.... another fine and fun rally

15. mnebinger

mnebinger Livin' The Dream!

Ditto! Can't wait until next year!

16. ironeagle81

ironeagle81 Member

Same here! Already have that weekend off!! Might have to make it a week trip...Thank you to everyone who attended and made this a memorable rally!! Can't wait to see you all again at a campsite somewhere soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while driving in the wrong lane!

17. mtnman1989

mtnman1989 Member

Why do we have to, I am ready to go whenever you say!
    mtnman

18. MintHillBill

MintHillBill Member

ANOTHER great RALLY. This was a 4 pound rally for me ! I'll have to work extra hard this week to work of those pounds. Great weather and better people made this rally one to remember.
    Hope to see many of you in the spring, where ever it is.
    BILL

19. ironeagle81

ironeagle81 Member

Some of us are planning to camp at myrtle beach state park for Thanksgiving. Not an official rally but any/all are welcome to join us!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while driving in the wrong lane!

20. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

Well, we got home safely and will unpack tomorrow. It was a good trip.

I really REALLY want to thank all my little sewer rats for sneaking around behind my back and planning a little surprise for me. I am now the proud owner of my first real DOs!! I got an little 8 incher (I've been trying for years to steal yetavons), and I understand that came from Shelmily's personal collection!! I also got a 10 inch DO, a whole box of supplies and tools, AND, I had a book for a raffle gift called "The Field Guide to Dutch Oven Cooking". But after that little presentation, I decided I'd better keep it!! [LOL] [LOL] If I remember right, Darrin broke in the 10 incher in on Saturday.

We gained 4 brand new Sewer Rat Trainees! They all passed "boot camp" and are expected to become official in 2015! [A]

I can't wait till next year!! This rally, and all those who join us, is very special to me and it warms my heart that the rats cared enough to hook me up with my own DO cook set!! Now who's going to build the chow box that I can lift! LOLOL

Really guy & gals.....thank you, from the bottom of my heart!!

Also, note we raised $723 dollars for the Fireman's Family Fund!! We're shooting for $1,000 or more next year, so start recruiting your friends!!!!

Glad everyone had a great time. [A] I'm off to a well deserved early bedtime. [A]

Pam
    Your 'worn' Wagon Mistress (that's John's daughter's way of saying you're tired)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.