2014 - Texas Puppers Fall Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigronw1955

Sep 4, 2014
Welcome, txglamore! This will be our first rally, also! Looking forward to meeting everyone!

We spent 6 hrs in the E.R. yesterday for Pam's back. Their diagnosis was "strained lumbar" but she thinks she may have another herniated disk. She had surgery last fall for one and she says this pain is similar. We will see her back doctor as soon as we can, and if it is another disk, we will try to do medications to get through the rally before we do surgery. She is really looking forward to getting there!

Back to treats, we would like to know the age ranges of the kids coming so we don't get something age inappropriate.

Txbum

Pop up, Pop Top, Chill....Ahhhh
Mar 25, 2013
Phoodie, we are planning on bringing some Halloween decorations...as bigronw1955, says if for the kids...he did not say small kids or BIG kids [LOL].....Ms. Pam...hope you get to feeling better.....my honey ( DW) will be glad to help you in any way possible. Txbum

phoodieman

Super Active Member
May 18, 2009
Hutto, Texas
A very good suggestion was made so I am posting an itinerary here.

Here is my first draft and if anybody wants to change things around then let me know.

Fri:

Nothing is planned as everybody will be trickling in. Of course that doesn't mean there won't be socializing and a lot of helping out.

Sat:

9:00
Preparations for the brunch get going.

10:00
Breakfast is served. Clean up.

11:00-2:00
Socializing. Tours of the other campers and their set ups. (If so desired) Anybody that wants to
participate in the swap meet they should have their junk/stuff out. Negotiations will be between individuals.

2:00-4:00
Kids crafts. Since we are in a semi Halloween mode Kathleen has put together a lot of table based activities.

5:30-7:30

Meet and Greet.
Prize Give Aways
Group Photo
Weenie Roast

We will move into fireside mode as the sun goes down.

Sun:

Small socializing, tear down, and departure.

I am going to try and get some tables from work to augment a work surface area with my covered area as the "hub". I don't have any canopies so if someone wants to set up around/next to the covered area that would be greatly appreciated.

We're getting close guys......

Phoodieman

lonestarcamper

A smile is worth a 1000 words!
Jul 25, 2014
Sugar Land
I have 2 long folding tables and a canopy I can bring. Canopy will come regardless. Just let me know about tables. Bringing some wood also. I have a problem that I've posted about in discussion post. I bent one roof latch this weekend at Matagorda and need a replacement to travel again. Of course I need it asap. Anyone have suggestion?

bigronw1955

Sep 4, 2014
Thanks, Txbum. Muscle relaxers seem to be helping some. MRI scheduled for the 7th.

Phoodie, the itenary sounds good. We aren't leaving until Monday, so will help see folks off the run in to Georgetown to visit my sister. We also have a canopy but haven't had it out in 5 or 6 years. Hope I left the instructions packed in it!

We are also bringing fishing gear so hope to wet a couple of hooks while we are there if Pam's back lets us.

If time doesn't pass quicker may have to put some salve on this camping itch and camp a night in the driveway with our granddaughter!

Lonestar, hope you get that latch fixed!

skeetercampsintexas

Super Active Member
Jun 26, 2012
Wylie, Texas
Sounds good phoodie! Lonestar, if worse comes to worse you can always wrap a rachet strap around it for travel, kinda rednecky/white-trashy but it would work in a pinch, and I'd be willing to bet the experienced minds in the group could come up with something while at the rally.

Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
Phoodie , will bring a canopy or two....Pam & bigronw1955, will bring Mary Jane's gravity chair, this should help Pam out.....I think I might have a latch...it was for Skeeter's " I am going to the DARK SIDE teardrop..... [LOL] Txbum........let's see DARK SIDE...you don't need no lights, no lectric, no fan, no windows, ok maybe a door...you said bare bones right , Skeeter?

shfd739

Apr 16, 2011
lonestarcamper said:
I have 2 long folding tables and a canopy I can bring. Canopy will come regardless. Just let me know about tables. Bringing some wood also. I have a problem that I've posted about in discussion post. I bent one roof latch this weekend at Matagorda and need a replacement to travel again. Of course I need it asap. Anyone have suggestion?

I have a few extra latches in mine. I'll check later today. 3 of 4 latched I would think is still ok to travel with. Or do what skeeter said and toss ratchet straps on and we can swap the latch at camp.

Almost a week away!

Ryanincc

Truth is poetry. Most Americans do not like poetry
Dec 28, 2013
Corpus Christi, TX
Super jealous of you guys again. Feels like the last winter rally I couldn't make. Ugh.

Skeeter, did I harass you too much? All this time I thought you were cool, and then you change your number so I couldn't ask you how to fix my converter at a god awful time. ;-)

My phone did this using Tapatalk

Merlin14

Aug 30, 2014
YEE - HA!
Booked site 1 just a bit ago. At noon today there were four left. About an hour ago there were only two, and I got one.

While we won't arrive until 10 am on Saturday, we will be there. This will be a kind of a shakedown trip for Thanksgiving and Christmas weeks with the family near Houston.

I'll work my way back through this thread and see what I've been missing.

Looking forward to meeting ya'll!

bigronw1955

Sep 4, 2014
Welcome, Merlin!! I know Phoodie will want to know how many adults and kids in your group to put in the attendee list. I hope the others check in too. This rally is really shaping up and looks to bea lot of fun!

skeetercampsintexas

Super Active Member
Jun 26, 2012
Wylie, Texas
It usually goes that way bigron, the regulars reserve well in advance, others trickle in, then like a week or two before the rally people are scrambling for spots [LOL]

ryan, I'm not much of an electrician so I doubt I would have been much help with your convertor problem short of suggesting buying a new one lol

skeetercampsintexas

Super Active Member
Jun 26, 2012
Wylie, Texas
Hey chris...isn't this the 2nd annual puppers fall rally? I can't remember much past a day or two back anymore but I'm thinking we started this whole thing in Oct last year??

lonestarcamper

A smile is worth a 1000 words!
Jul 25, 2014
Sugar Land
Thanks for the advice on the roof latch. I'm working on the problem, and yeah, already getting the "redneck rig" ready if needed. I'll definitely be in the market for trading for a spare latch or two. Seems mine aren't the norm, of course! See ya'll there!

Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
Skeeter, morning to all, welcome Merlin14, Yes this is the 2nd Annual Fall rally.....last year was Leisure Resort near Luling....after the floods....the Day of me smoking a brisket under the umbrella....all the fine foods....and the " someone forgot to unhook the PUP camper and pulled out to park the car.. BAM" event. Good times for sure Txbum..

Ryanincc

Truth is poetry. Most Americans do not like poetry
Dec 28, 2013
Corpus Christi, TX
skeetercampsintexas said:
ryan, I'm not much of an electrician so I doubt I would have been much help with your convertor problem short of suggesting buying a new one lol

No biggie, Skeeter. :) I figured it out, well I think it kinda fixed itself [LOL] But I liked having you as my Good Sam HAHA

Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
tx.glamazon, excuse me...I forgot to say Welcome......Txbum& Mary Jane.... [:D]

Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
Hi everyone, just checking my reservations...I will be there thru Monday..if anyone needs anything..Richard a.k.a. Txbum

Txbum

Mar 25, 2013
skeeter, I was being polite, kind, courteous, all those Boy Scout things.....did I mention BAM!!.....watch it, MJ gets stirred up . [LOL]

Status
Not open for further replies.