2014 - Texas Puppers Fall Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camping4Life

Jul 9, 2008
Hello all. I am one of the originals way back when Fall rally 2010 (Ink's Lake). I have been away for a much too long a time. Trying to book a spot but looks like all I can find is Site Loop 013 at WHF, is this where everyone will be?

Camping4Life

Jul 9, 2008
Well I'm in....WHF spot #13. Will have to do a lot of [RTM] to catch up with all. Will be bringing 2 cute girls 7 and 5 and making it there on Friday. :)

Merlin14

Aug 30, 2014
Fishing in Texas state parks is permitted w/o a license. Same for Granger? Doubt it, but asking anyway.

shfd739

Apr 16, 2011
Merlin14 said:
Fishing in Texas state parks is permitted w/o a license. Same for Granger? Doubt it, but asking anyway.

Granger is Corps of Engineer so gotta have a fishing license.

Looks like 2 friends are coming out for the day Saturday and bringing 4 kids- ages 6,5,3 and nearly 3. They'll probably make it for the brunch Saturday morning.

shfd739

Apr 16, 2011
skeetercampsintexas said:
Holy crap medic, these friends been busy over the last few tears or what? [LOL]

Lmao..no. One has 2 and the other has a niece and nephew she helps take care of.

phoodieman

Super Active Member
May 18, 2009
Hutto, Texas
Two more late bookings and we are up to eleven spots!!! I have added Camping4Life and Merlin14 to the list. Camp4Life I was at the 2010 Inks Lake Rally too!! Glad to see you on board.

Phoodieman

shfd739

Apr 16, 2011
I feel sorry for the other 3 people who get stuck on our loop, they're gonna pull in thinking "Where the heck did all these pop ups come from!?" [LOL]

For once we won't be the "second class" park citizens!!!

Indy

Super Active Member
Jul 30, 2012
I feel sorry for the other 3 people who get stuck on our loop, they're gonna pull in thinking "Where the heck did all these pop ups come from!?" [LOL]

That reminds me of the time Mat and I went camping at Mission Tejas State Park. We were the only ones in the park that were not affiliated with a rally of VW microbuses! :)

bigronw1955

Sep 4, 2014
Well, McCartney concert is out of the way so thought I could focus on prepping for the rally. Middle son decided this week would be perfect to load a uhaul and move to Tulsa. I told him his timing reminded me of a good vacuum cleaner. Some last minute fixes may get to be first minute onsite fixes. Now I really can't wait for Friday to get here!

Txbum

Pop up, Pop Top, Chill....Ahhhh
Mar 25, 2013
Morning all, need a kids headcount, my DW bought 10 halloween bags for the kids....we bought some candy and assorted small bags of chips,.. corn, __ritos,__eetos etc. Don't wanna infring on trade marks. Have a good one...bigronw1955, me too can't wait for Friday....

Txbum

Pop up, Pop Top, Chill....Ahhhh
Mar 25, 2013
Watch it guys...my grandson really is shy around girls...the little grandson that's a horse of different color. The more girlfriends the better, according to the lil one. Jeffnsa, he is playing football, has practice, and since he attends a parochial school, every weekend is " fund raising " time for the school. grandpa rick wanna buy this??? Hey jeffnsa... bring "Z" the space hound! I have a little pet giraffe I want him to meet......

T-minusRetire

Nov 6, 2013
Hello Everybody,

We have been out of pocket for awhile now (them Damn twins!). Good to see another rally coming up. With our poor planning looks like we won't have a reservation in the loop :( We are going to try and come up anyway. We have a reservation at spot #5 for Friday night (Saturday night is reserved by someone else) but are thinking about trying the first come first serve option outside the loop so we won't have to set up & break down & set up & break down twice. Any advice about the first come first serve option? We would like to stay Friday, Saturday, & Sunday night (if the twins don't drive us & the rest of the park crazy).

lonestarcamper

A smile is worth a 1000 words!
Jul 25, 2014
Sugar Land
OK, my week is starting to get crazy! I need to know what I need to bring. I will be bringing a 12X12 popup canopy and firewood, but need to know about the tables. I have 2, 6 foot by 2 1/2 foot folding tables. Do we need them? I ordered the new roof latch from my dealer and it was the wrong size of course. So, I just put the old one in the oven at 550 for a while and pounded it back into shape! But just in case there is a problem, I bought a ratchet tie down. Being a 2nd grade teacher, I will have some goodies for kiddos as well, but not candy (can't trust myself). I'm thinking breakfast casserole and pumpkin bread for brunch and maybe Halloween cupcakes for weenie roast. Starting to rethink the 3 dogs. I can sleep past 6 if I don't bring them :) Looks like the weather will be nice too.

Status
Not open for further replies.