2015 - Alabama Summer Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.

niagarafam

Super Active Member
Jan 25, 2014
Hey Alabama - There are 443 of us (Portal members). How about three more joining us at Desoto State Park, May 29-June 3? You don't have to stay the whole time. There's a series of falls, the Little River Canyon is spectacular, Chattanooga is a short hop, and the CG is really well run and cared for with updated facilities (clean, well-supervised/patrolled - hosts and rangers, wooded private sights, open sights, and group sites).
M&K

ChocoChock01

On the road aagaain See Rallies below;
Mar 7, 2012
This would make 28th rally for 2015 (total number for 2014) and we are only in Feb!

ChocoChock01

On the road aagaain See Rallies below;
Mar 7, 2012
niagarafam said:
We have noticed that we, Alabamian Portal Neighbors, have grown in the past year. We're wondering if any of you are interested in a rally. AL State Parks has done a great job updating our parks, Desoto and Cheaha most recently. Both are beautiful in the spring and fall. What do you think?
M&K
If you have questions on setting it up, PM me.

BoomJammer

Jason
May 17, 2012
Hmm... This has potential! We're not able to camp Memorial Day weekend, but would love to do something with some new and old camping friends this summer.

Camp Dad, if you say you guys are in for this Alabama Rally, that would pretty much sway our plans to be there, too. Or if you need us to commit first... We could do that if you'll commit to following up. Chicken and egg?!!? :)

We've been talking about exploring AL anyway. This would be a great reason to head over.

camp dad

Feb 10, 2012
BoomJammer, we are already committed for the Memorial weekend rally. We have to wait on the DW's schedule to be posted. We also have to see what the travel dates for our adoption will be. We hope to be heading overseas during this time frame. If we can work it out we would love to make it! I will keep you posted. You decide if your the "chicken or egg".

jtvs800

Mar 4, 2015
we may be interested ill talk it over with my wife.we are camping at lake Guntersville end of this month.its supposed to be nice there.ill give some feedback on it after trip. itll be my 1st camp there.wife camped there as a kid...

niagarafam

Super Active Member
Jan 25, 2014
We are going to stay through June 3rd or 4th. With the canyon, falls, trails, and Chattanooga, there's a ton to do - not to mention lazy time, naps, and chillin' in the CG. We would love to meet all of you! Let us know if you reserve, so we can put Alabama on the map as an official Portal Rally! We need 5 to make it official.
M&K

jtvs800

Mar 4, 2015
looks like we may stay may 29-31 unsure yet,but that's what we are thinking.wifes looking for new job and long as that don't interfere with this we are game!!! [:D]

thevmctigger

Feb 20, 2015
jtvs800 said:
looks like we may stay may 29-31 unsure yet,but that's what we are thinking.wifes looking for new job and long as that don't interfere with this we are game!!! [:D]

That's awesome!! [8D]

niagarafam

Super Active Member
Jan 25, 2014
jtvs800 said:
Let us know when you reserve. We have two booked. That would leave us needing three more to make it an AL Rally!
M&K

mainahman

All the worlds indeed a stage
Oct 2, 2009
We moved to lewisburg tn, which is close to the Alabama border. Where a ours would this rally be In relation to me?

niagarafam

Super Active Member
Jan 25, 2014
Desoto State Park is in Fort Payne, AL about 51 miles south of Chattanooga off I59. I think you would go to Huntsville and take 35 or 17 over to Ft. Payne, probably 2-2.5 hours.

camp dad

Feb 10, 2012
It would be about 2.5 hours from Lewisburg. The best route would be coming through Huntsville.

MsJayne

Jun 24, 2014
Central Alabama
Sounds like fun, and I'll keep an eye on making reservations. Desoto State Park is about 3.5 hours from us, maybe a little more since we avoid the interstate. I'm supposed to be TDY to the beach for work during that same time, but that may not happen. I should know something soon. Thanks for trying to put something together!

Status
Not open for further replies.