2015 - Annual Rhode Island Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.

benfrench

Woodbridge, VA
Jun 19, 2008
King George, VA
We are 7 days and a wake up from the Annual Rhode Island Rally! For those that have been attending this rally for years...what is your favorite thing to do? Let's help the new folks to fall in love with this area like we all do! Personally, I love Iggy's and the beaches down in Galilee...

Davylee

Camping = Life is Good
May 4, 2009
Maine
Day trip to Newport for sightseeing, sailing, rum distillery tour and brewery tour. Also beaches at Galillee [:D] and of course Iggys and the Point Judith Light lighthouse

BALTIBCAMPER

Mar 12, 2011
Being new to the area we found a wale watching tour we would like to do Friday. Well I'm not really new to the area I stayed a few months at New Port in 72 finishing up potty traing while my sister was being born [LOL]

Grn Mtn

Super Active Member
Jul 3, 2012
Last year we went into Galilee for an entire day. They were having a festival of some sort, with "Open House" on many of the fishing boats. We saw a packing/sorting shed, toured several boats, saw explanations of fishing tools and types of fish caught, there were many interactive events at different locations. They had a scavenger hunt for kids - they got a stamp at each location and got a prize at the end. The whole thing was fascinating. The beach was great, as was our fast and furious tour of Newport. We enjoyed the area so much we ran out of time, so had planned a longer stay this time. We're sorry to miss it this year. [:(]

Grn Mtn

Super Active Member
Jul 3, 2012
In case anyone needs it, we are releasing our site today. It's site 32, area 2, Thursday to Sunday.

Need2Travel

Rhode Island
Sep 15, 2008
Rhode Island
Davylee said:
What site is the meet and greet and who is hosting?

The host site for all events this year is benfrench on site 49. He is 'da rally man this year :)

Reminder to all: Clam Boil payments need to be made to him by Saturday morning at 10AM

stefie19

Super Active Member
Aug 21, 2014
Connecticut
Looking forward to this weekend but we might be a last minute cancel. Our community has recently suffered a tragedy. This past weekend our friends lost their daughter in a tubing accident. It has hit us all very hard and I'm not sure what this week will hold for us. Likely, if we do still go to RI, we will be pulling in late on Friday.

stefie19

Super Active Member
Aug 21, 2014
Connecticut
So excited about this weekend. We thought we might have to cancel but it's working out that we're good to go. We'll probably be there about 7:30-8:00. Hopefully it won't be too dark! We haven't set up in the dark before!

Davylee

Camping = Life is Good
May 4, 2009
Maine
Walked the cg this morning, did people switch spots ? I didn't see pixel, Ben or,stefie19

Status
Not open for further replies.