2015 Florida Fall Rally

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by Kimmygr, Jan 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheExplorer

TheExplorer New Member

We can't make it Halloween weekend. We host a huge Halloween party for our neighborhood at our house so I think they will notice if we are gone camping :D. But if you all do Blue Spring, we are just coming back from there and we have to say it is now on the top of our list (just under Ft. Desoto for me) of our favorite place to camp! DH and DD10 loved free diving the Spring head! And tubing the river was fun too! Facilities are new so they are super nice. We stayed on site 36, which was a great site. Most have shade, our site was close to the bathroom but a little far from the footpath down to the spring. All in all though, great campground!!

2. SHFL

SHFL Active Member

It's like TheExplorer said -- for those of us with kids, it's difficult to leave the neighborhood after school without everyone noticing...

3. StPeteClipper

StPeteClipper Member

Well....as previously stated Blue Springs on Halloween weekend was just a suggestion. We're open to anywhere on a different weekend if necessary.

4. aroberts

aroberts Member

We are interested in camping at Blue Springs. Don't really want to go on Halloween though.

5. ThePattersons

ThePattersons New Member

I wasn't sure that I should post, I am the new guy here. We just purchased a brand new PUP as our first camper and haven't even had our maiden voyage yet. That being said, I see a lot of people taking issue with Halloween weekend. We would also have the same issues since our daughter would miss her friends that weekend and she has a close birthday as well.

So what about the weekend prior to Halloween. Maybe somewhere like the Florida Caverns or Alexander Springs. Blue Springs of course would also be great.

Seems like things are booking pretty quick so I'm under the impression we have to either make a decision or start planning for the Spring..

The Pattersons
    DW - DH - DD
    [TV] - 2013 Toyota Sienna
    [HY] - 2016 Coachman Clipper 1285 SST

6. StPeteClipper

StPeteClipper Member

Welcome!!! And I'm happy for any input. Blue Springs is booked the week before and Alexander Springs has availability but none with electricity.

7. TheExplorer

TheExplorer New Member

Yep, I agree with ThePattersons, things are booking up quick. October is pretty busy for us (don't let that stop a rally in October if that's what works for the majority) but we could do an end of September, or early to mid November. Blue Spring will be iffy on mid November, they shut down the springs to swimming and canoeing because of the manatees until March. And of course depending on where, we can make rallies that are more in the central FL area. But once again,that's just us. [:D]

8. ShanegoDave

ShanegoDave Member

I would be interesred in making the trip down to blue springs in the spring.

9. gopherit

gopherit New Member

I will suggest something radically different-- well, maybe not so much, but enough to accommodate all I am seeing here.
    Salt Springs in the Ocala national forest. I have camped there. Has full electric hookups. Has an amazing spring swimming area that is not so busy. And best of all, lots of availability for the weekend of November 6-8.
    You can also canoe and kayak.
    Sounds like Halloween won't work due to the kiddos of some.

Blue springs really is very busy, not that big, and almost booked up for early November.
    Do we need Manatees to camp? Probably not. Do we need good people to camp with? YES! Do we want swimming, and only about 20-25 miles east of Ocala and so both west and east coasters can be there? YES!
    And do we want it late enough so snowbirds like me can make it (gulp) I HOPE so!! Let me know what you think! I loved Salt Springs, US Forest campground.
    JJ

10. ThePattersons

ThePattersons New Member

Im pretty sure we would be in for Salt Springs that weekend.

First Rally - Not really sure what to expect but it should be fun. And Salt Springs is awesome any time of year.

11. gopherit

gopherit New Member

12. gopherit

gopherit New Member

Pattersons, I have done two rallies with Wisconsin-folk this summer so far and they are AMAZING! However, we do it right with a big potluck, people committing to bring their choice of food items for a Saturday potluck. Oh my, we even had home brewed beer and homemade sausages last rally at end of July!
    I am a newbie at this, but with two rallies under my belt already, feel I could make a contribution here!

13. Kimmygr

Kimmygr Member

It is so good to see you all talking about it! I was getting worried there for everyone who loves the Rallies!

You guys figure it out and have a GREAT time! I doubt we will make it :( I know I started this thread, but StPeteClipper is going to be running this rally! I had hoped to pull off coming, but the postal service threw a HUGE wrench in my plans! Sometimes they like to lose mail I guess...Long story...

AND my daughter is having her baby! So $$ going to be super tight! Nothing like robbing Peter to pay Paul right? Story of my life ~Sigh Anyways- hope you all get it figured out!

Love to you all!

14. TheExplorer

TheExplorer New Member

[:(] We'll miss you Kimmy!! You did such a great job on the spring rally, but I am sure StPeteClipper will be a great wagonmaster. For those that haven't attended a Florida Rally (we have only attended the one so far), its a great way to meet our felllow PUPpers from our great humid state. HA! And there is delicious food at the Florida rallies as well gopherit, so you have that to look forward to! Salt Springs sounds nice. And it looks like the sites that are available are all near each other, which worked out well at Oscar Scherer in the Spring. We could do the November 6-8 dates if that works for most everyone else. And its only about 2.5 hours from us barring any traffic (depending on Tampa, ugh!) So what say you all? Will this work for more than us, thePattersons and gopherit?

15. ThePattersons

ThePattersons New Member

Just out of curiosity, How many families attended the last few Florida Rallies and were there many young children in attendance?

Having a 5 year old its always nice to know that she may have the possibility to have other children to play with and hopefully build relationships with over time.

16. aroberts

aroberts Member

Sounds good to me!!

17. TheExplorer

TheExplorer New Member

There were quite a few you get children at the spring rally. We have a 10 year old girl and a 6 year old boy.

18. ShanegoDave

ShanegoDave Member

Alittle confused here? Is this rally going to be moved until spring of 2016 now, or it it still the possibility of blue springs. In Oct?

19. GA Judy

GA Judy Active Member

We can make Nov. 6-8 at Salt Springs Recreation Area and already have booked Nov. 4-9 on #35. It's been a couple of years since we've attended a rally with our Florida Portal friends. If the rally winds up at Salt Springs, we look forward to seeing everyone. There are only 21 sites left, one of which is an ADA.

20. gopherit

gopherit New Member

GA Judy, thank you!!! I have now reserved space #27 for 11/6-11/8 nights, the space right across from you. My name is Judy too! Judy J! Maybe we can get a third Judy and make this a Judy-Judy-Judy rally; ummm maybe not [:D]

Ok, I believe what happened with Blue Springs based on my reading, is that popular park pretty much filled up before commitments were made for October; plus Halloween didn't work for a number of folks.
    I'm not trying to "crash" this thread but am, technically speaking, a Florida resident now. I just have not changed my PUP-MN designation yet, as I am a "snowbird" type Floridian.
    So yes, in that loop are still a good number of sites: 34-38s are like there, plus "across" the little road for the mid-20s. Got my heart set on some Fall camping now and this could be it! Come one come all; Kids welcome! Dogs welcome! Bring your PUPs and recipes.
    If we get 5 then it is a "real" rally per the rules. Kind of like Pinocchio becoming a "real boy" you know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.