2015 Florida Fall Rally

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by Kimmygr, Jan 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GA Judy

GA Judy Active Member

8 Reservations Adults 15 6 Kids

That's the latest I have and all the camper sites in the CG are reserved by others.

2. Kimmygr

Kimmygr Member

Check out the potluck thread. I can't wait to hang with ya again! maybe we will get to spend more time together this time! I won't be running around like a chicken with my head cut off!

3. PepperWolf

PepperWolf Member

LOL. That's Mom. She wants to make sure that not only is everyone fed but that they're going to "waddle" away from the table. Country Cook she is.

4. SHFL

SHFL Active Member

Our son's cross country season has ended, so we're all coming (2 more than before). Our updated information is

Member name: SHFL
    Site: 26
    # Adults: 2
    # Children: 2
    # Pets: 0
    Date arriving: 11/6
    Date departing: 11/8
    Pot luck dish: Caribbean Rice & Chicken, rolls

See you in less than a week!

5. GA Judy

GA Judy Active Member

The more the merrier! 16 Adults / 8 Kids

6. Kimmygr

Kimmygr Member

Good day all! I have an UPDATE:

I just talked to PopupSteve a little bit ago. Unfortunately, it looks like gopherit will be unable to make it to the Rally. Due to some things she will not be able to make it to Florida in time. Lets all wish her the BEST! We all LOVE YOU gopherit!

So, since he already had my information from the Spring Rally, he asked if it was OK if he sent me the items he would normally send the Wagon Master. I said it was fine. Now, I am not stepping on any toes and taking over, you all have done great at stepping up and handling the potluck list and everything. You are all the GREATEST! I am just lending a helping hand since she is unable to attend. :)

7. GA Judy

GA Judy Active Member

Good for you, Kimmy! Looking forward to meeting everyone. We're about packed to head out early tomorrow morning.

8. SHFL

SHFL Active Member

Thanks for stepping up kimmygr! ...and I don't think you are stepping on any toes. :)

9. ThePattersons

ThePattersons New Member

Im sure this is a little bit of a dumb question, but being our first RALLY, is the pot luck usually the first night?

Also, what about other nights, are there any more "get-togethers" or just however things happen with new friends...

Thanks guys.. See you soon.

Joe

10. Kimmygr

Kimmygr Member

Usually there is a Meet & Greet at one of the attendee's campsite Friday evening. I'd have to go through the thread to find out who volunteered to host that. Sometimes there are some snacks and such if people offer to help out and bring a little something to share. EDIT: Ga Judy is hosting the Meet & Greet Friday evening at her site #35.

The potluck is usually Saturday evening. I don't think a time has been set yet, but usually around 5 or 6pm. I guess a location will be decided once everyone is there probably on Friday evening.

Other than those two things, it is pretty much come and do as much or as little as you wish. Sometimes games are thrown together like corn hole or what not. Others may get together and plan outings with others who are planning the same activity (like canoeing/kayaking). Everyone does their thing. :) Hope this helps!

11. PepperWolf

PepperWolf Member

Entertainment will be Friday evening as I try once again to back up the camper.

Seriously, it's pretty much as Kimmy said. The nice thing about these is that it's laid back and we all get the chance to hang out if we want or to explore the campground or the surrounding area.
    It's also a chance admire each other's Pups and get some nice ideas along the way about camping, Pop up campers and how to back up your camper.

12. ThePattersons

ThePattersons New Member

Great, We are excited. Our little girl is so ready to camp again. She loved Disney last month.

If you still need help backing in let me know... Im happy to help. LOL

Im sure my wife and I would love to get some ideas from the seasoned campers out there..

Its been a long time since we have been to Salt Springs and we are really looking forward to it.

Be safe traveling everyone.

Joe

13. PepperWolf

PepperWolf Member

Our first was the spring rally in May so this will be our second. We weren't planning on going but decided what the heck let's go anyways. This time we're taking the family dog so that will be a new adventure.

14. PepperWolf

PepperWolf Member

weellllll, the Pepperwolf household has been delayed. Hopefully we'll be there in the morning...

15. SHFL

SHFL Active Member

We made it home safely. It was great meeting all of you! We look forward to seeing you again at the next rally.

16. PepperWolf

PepperWolf Member

We're home safe too. The dog had fun but she (and the rest of us) are worn out. It was great meeting you all and even though we were able to be there for just one night we had fun. See you at the spring rally!

17. ThePattersons

ThePattersons New Member

18. GA Judy

GA Judy Active Member

It was raining [:D] when we left home, and it's still raining up here in Georgia. It rained really hard from northern FL up into the Macon area with amazing traffic flow both directions, white outs, and some fender benders delaying us a bit; but we got home safely with some good memories. The bear was another thing to talk about too. [LOL]

It was so nice to meet such a friendly and interesting group of campers and we hope to see you again at a CG nearby. :) Thanks for making our guests, Joan & Earl, feel like part of the PUP family, and I'm sure they would love to join in again since they live a lot closer to you folks than us! Perhaps if I get time to organize a GA rally, you and others from the Portal will participate.

Happy camping! We'll be home for the holidays and won't be camping for a couple of months - probably - but you never know.

19. Roofpro49

Roofpro49 Member

Nancy and I got home Sunday, after a slight mishap. Hot day, low tire pressure and 75 mph blew a tire on the pup. Got the spare on with no problem and made it home safe. We really had a wonderful time with you all, and plan on keeping in touch! We'll definitely be there for the spring rally, wherever that may be!

20. Kimmygr

Kimmygr Member

Glad everyone made it home safe and sound! We had a lovely time and really enjoyed ourselves. It was so nice to really get to know you all a little bit! I hope to see many of you at another rally! I've started a post in the rally planning area for a spring rally so check it out!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.