2015 - Florida Spring Rally

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by Kimmygr, Dec 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kimmygr

Kimmygr Member

Good evening everyone! I hope everyone is doing great out there! I think it might be time to start thinking about the potluck! If you would like to participate head on over to the potluck thread and post what you will be bringing or what you would like to bring! So far we have a Goulash (could change) and a Mac & cheese! Boy I cannot wait! Is it may yet?

2. cuckoo

cuckoo Active Member

Dave? [{:)]

3. Kimmygr

Kimmygr Member

1 month and 24 days away! Who else is getting excited? I am also happy to report that my foster pup found her forever home! So, we will only have our girl with us :)

We are also up to 14 sites reserved! Woohoo! I sure hope I don't muck this up!

4. Sparky52

Sparky52 New Member

Hello, We are excited about our 2nd rally, the first was fall of 2013. We will be on site 30 (only ADA available) and are hoping that we are not to far from all the festivities. We are a family of 5 for this trip, DH, DS 7yr, DS 9yr and new fur Daughter and myself.
    Look forward to meeting everyone.
    The Northup Family,
    Brenda & Mike

5. Kimmygr

Kimmygr Member

Sparky52- I got you added! Not to much on festivities except for the Saturday evening potluck and a meet & greet (pretty much just chillin) Friday night.

If anyone has any games they would like to bring like horseshoes or cornhole or anything that would be great!

If anyone is willing to help out with munchies or hors d'oeuvres for Friday that would be awesome! We won't have a whole lot since we just had to replace the tie rod ends on our TV. So that is taking up a lot of our extra $.

If everything goes right, we will be bringing pulled pork for the potluck instead of the goulash! I REALLY want to try out a crockpot recipe a friend of mine did! Their pulled pork turned out amazing!

Those of you with furkids- there is supposed to be a dog beach not to far away from the park!

You can do as much or as little as you wish while you're there! I do know we are planning on heading out to the dog beach at some point. I don't know if it will be Friday or Saturday or both days. We are just going to play it by ear.

6. StPeteClipper

StPeteClipper Member

We tacked on Thursday night today so well be there Friday am to meet and greet and watch everyone setup.

7. Kimmygr

Kimmygr Member

Hahahaha! We can get out the camp chairs and make some popcorn! [:O] [LOL]

I know DH & I were a thing to watch as we set up for the 2013 Fall Rally! It had only been the 2nd time setting up at a campsite PLUS we had a DIY awning that was, well, interesting to watch us setup! Lots of "You aren't doing it right!" yelling happened THAT day! We have learned a lot since that trip!

8. Sparky52

Sparky52 New Member

Hello Kim, Mike and I have decided to arrive on Thursday. [8D] We would like to offer to host the meet and greet at our site which is #30, although the sites look small I am sure that we can make it happen. Not everyone shows at the same time since some families are still setting up. Fall 2013 Rally had 76 adults 53 kids and we took 36 sites and we all were able to fit very nicely at blackpots site.
    Just let us know.
    Have a wonderful Sunday,
    Brenda

9. Kimmygr

Kimmygr Member

Oh that would be GREAT! It sure would help me out sooooo much! Worse comes to worse, we can move the Meet & Greet to the playground area if the sites are not big enough?

I am hoping to take a ride down there one weekend before the Rally to scope things out. To see where we can set up the potluck & meet/greet within the CG area or if we should rent one of the Pavilions (for the potluck). I have been trying to get down there for a few weeks now, but things just always seem to get in the way. Hopefully it will be possible once the tie rod ends are fixed on the truck. :)

10. scubacamper

scubacamper Well-Known Member

Well, it's official, we're NOT coming. I was hoping after our camping trip during Spring Break I could convince her (the DW) that we should go but she's the local Girl Scout Troop Leader and her 2nd is unavailable for a trip to Wild Waters so we're going there.

Sorry we'll miss it and I hope we can make the next one. Take care everyone and have a GREAT TIME.

11. Kimmygr

Kimmygr Member

Sorry to hear you can't make it. [:(] Maybe next time! I am sure the Troop will have a great time at Wild Waters!

12. rexlxg

rexlxg Member

Kim, we will make & bring some mini Cuban Sandwiches to the Meet & Greet Friday.

Rex & Char

13. Kimmygr

Kimmygr Member

Oh THANK YOU! That would be GREAT! [:D]

14. abbadackerygirl

abbadackerygirl Alabama...yeah it's better than you think.

Well hi! Is it too late to join in on the fun? [ALPU]

15. abbadackerygirl

We have 1 camper, 2 tots, 1 large, obnoxious dog.

16. Kimmygr

Kimmygr Member

Well Hello! It is never to late if there are spots available! I see you're up in Alabama. If you would like to join us you're welcome to come! That is quite a drive, but if you are planning to be in the area down here in Florida come join us!

17. abbadackerygirl

Not really that much of a drive; I live on the AL/GA/FL border [:D]

18. Kimmygr

Kimmygr Member

I just went through the rallies and there is one at DeSoto Park in Alabama memorial Day weekend I believe! That one will be a little closer to home for you! I think they just got their 5th camper to make it an official Rally. But you are more than welcome to come down here if you like! [:D]

19. Kimmygr

Kimmygr Member

Then the old saying is, "C'Mon Down! [LOL] [:D]

20. Kimmygr

Kimmygr Member

The last time I checked (a couple days ago) there are still plenty of sites available!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.