2015 - Indiana Dunes Rally

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by cztardust, Apr 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cztardust

cztardust Active Member

We'll see you soon! We'll be packing in the morning and we will be on our way!

2. cztardust

cztardust Active Member

KA... We should be on our as soon as the house sitter gets here. We caught the weather early this morning and WGN9 is calling for light showers during the evening here and there. I've got material and adhesive to patch that tear & seal the seams and tarp and bungees in case you need them. Let me know when you get there and we'll get your pup buttoned up!
    Time for me to pop the pup and see what I've got going and to pack.
    Furdy... We'll see you up there soon!
    Anyone joining us using the National park CG, please stop by site 135 and let me know you made it!
    Just an FYI folks we'll be shooting for 4pm at the Wilson shelter Saturday for the potluck.
    Hope everyone has a good, safe trip to the park!
    See you all soon!
    Armin B.

3. DieselLibertyCRD

DieselLibertyCRD Member

Had some pretty good rain here, just north of Rockford about an hour ago. It normally heads towards Chicago/the Dunes so keep an eye out..

We will be packing tonight then just a half day of work tomorrow and we should be on the road by 11. ETA of around 2pm..

4. BigRedKA

BigRedKA Member

I hate to say it but we've done next to nothing to get ready for this trip - it's just been a busy week. But short of clothes, food and toiletries the pup is more or less packed. And it stays pretty dry if I leave it open. Did I mention I sat in it during a downpour the other day and didn't notice any water inside? I think that because the leaks are in the roof corners, if the canvas is open the water hits the canvas and runs out. But if it's closed, the water follows the folded canvas down and in.

I'm at work today (physically but not mentally.) I'm off tomorrow so that'll be my day of prep/packing then we'll get the kids after school and head to the Dunes. We bought a pop up screen room thing and we're hoping it'll fit over the table at the campsite so we have a place to eat without being harrassed by yellow jackets.

Any suggestions for the pot luck? I don't think we're officially on for anything but I asked the DW to bake a couple pies.

5. cyprant

cyprant New Member

Looks like we will have to cancel our reservation... Site 134. If any one wants it please email me at cyprant at gmail.com also call or text 630222600two

To take over the reservation is $64.20 Friday night and Saturday night.

I would need to know by 7:00 pm today central time otherwise I will need to cancel to get back my $.

6. campingquilter

campingquilter Member

I'm going to have to cancel too...haven't felt well this week and I won't have the energy to pack and then set up. I forgot which site I booked. I'm donating it if anyone wants it let czar know! Hope you all have a fantastic time :)

7. cyprant

cyprant New Member

Site 134 is now available...

8. Furdy

Furdy Member

Arrived last night, after a 7 hour trek from S. Illinois, before the rain set in. Got set up by 9:00PM. Had 1-1.5 inches overnight and until noon. No leaks in the PUP. Cleared off to be a beautiful first full day. Went to Michigan City this morning. What a great transition they have made to the downtown area. Outlet Malls, an arts district that is alive and we had a great Chicago hot dog at Top Dog for lunch. Met Brent around 3:00PM. The campground filled up by sunset. There are more PUP's here than you can shake a stick at. Too bad they are'nt all portal member.........or maybe many are [8D]

9. DieselLibertyCRD

DieselLibertyCRD Member

Little bit of rain coming through but its a nice cool weekend for the rally! [​IMG][​IMG]

10. cztardust

cztardust Active Member

We really had a great time meeting you all this weekend. It may have rained a bit, but it sure didn't dampen spirits. I hope everyone enjoyed the rally as much as we did and everyone had a safe journey home! (I posted a link below for the rally pictures)

11. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

Looks like you all had a good time, i like the thophys!

12. Furdy

Furdy Member

Made it home today....still cleaning the sand from everything........Dunes (duh). DW and I Had a great time and it was great to meet everyone and put faces to the user names. Thanks czstardust for being a great host.

13. cztardust

cztardust Active Member

14. CamperFam

CamperFam Member

Thanks for a great rally, Cztardust [CP] We can see why Indiana Dunes is so popular- great campground & location! Wonderful meeting everyone- hope to see you all at upcoming rallies!

15. Furdy

Furdy Member

Wish we had a pic of your DH with the "Pup" tucked into the jacket.....others may not understand, but we do, and we had a great time also. Be seeing you at another rally soon!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.