2015 - Indiana Dunes Rally

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by cztardust, Apr 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChocoChock01

ChocoChock01 On the road aagaain See Rallies below;

who's going to carry the torch?? [:D]

2. cztardust

cztardust Active Member

Someone big, strong, fearless... someone else [LOL]

3. cztardust

cztardust Active Member

[​IMG]
    It's waiting for you! Indiana Dunes 9/11 Weekend Rally! Come join us!!!

4. CamperFam

CamperFam Member

Cztardust, it's great the Rally is now Official! [CP]

Would you mind changing the little kitty [CAT] to a doggie [DOG] for us on the Attendee list? Heidi wanted to tell you that just because she weighs less than most housecats (about 7.5lbs) she is actually a BIG, FEROCIOUS, ANKLE-BITING, SQUIRREL-CHASING Miniature Dachshund! [HB]

5. whitecastleman

whitecastleman Member

I feel so left out. :-(

A few months ago I moved to Chattanooga from South Bend, IN. I've camped at IN Dunes several times. It's a great park. Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend. Have a great time everyone!

6. cztardust

cztardust Active Member

@Camperfam "Would you mind changing the little kitty [CAT] to a doggie [DOG] for us on the Attendee list?"
    Opps! Done!" [DOG]

@Whitecastleman
    Sorry you're going to miss out on the fun!

7. cztardust

cztardust Active Member

[​IMG]
    Anyone else signing up for some fun in the sun!?! Plenty of sites available at the Indiana Dunes 9/11 weekend rally [8D]

8. cztardust

cztardust Active Member

Well folks, I've been posting on the T-Run (May 1st) rally thread hoping everyone came out okay from last night's horrible storm and hope the same for the Dunes rally attendees.
    Be sure to pop-up and make sure you didn't take on any water from last night.
    I faired well. No damage to home or pup and hope the same for you all :)

9. cztardust

cztardust Active Member

Indiana Dunes State Park... Not a new idea, just a great one and an easy weekend rally!
    Probably the closest rally to Chicagoland...
    [​IMG]
    With easy access to the South Shore Line to all the great museums and the Shedd Aquarium, a beautiful lake-shore to play on and a modern campground, this is going to be a fun weekend for all! Especially for those who grew up in the Chicagoland area who have so much in common. Did you ever guess how many jelly beans Ray Rayner had in his Jar or wondered if you could have won the ten speed sitting in bucket #6 given the chance?
    Nobody has to wait to hit the Grand Prize bucket #6 to win at the Dunes, the whole park is a grand prize and everybody wins! Come join us!

10. 2mommas

2mommas New Member

@camperfam - I'm bringing my mini doxie as well! Oscar is a big ol' mini weenie- 15 lbs!

11. cztardust

cztardust Active Member

[​IMG]

Those wiener dogs are awesome, so much character! Our current "Campin Dawg" is Max the mutt. We know he's a bit Cocker Spaniel from the curly hair on his ears, the rest... who knows. He was a rescue dog and has to be 10 years old or so, but loves going camping and getting his big long walks. Last time out he wore everyone out wanting to be walked and slept almost all the way through the next day!

[​IMG]

Then we have Ashley the rescue cat... Camp director to keep Max in line. They were raised together and she pretty much runs the household. The relationship between them is complex and funny to watch. Sometimes they lay down together, and other times they let each other know they want their own space. But when there's a choice of how the day is going to shape up, she lets him know how it's going to be. Very much a parent-child type of relationship that developed on it's own. We were just talking here this morning how we couldn't imagine not having a little dog or kitty around the house, but never imagined having both :)

[​IMG]

12. cztardust

cztardust Active Member

Checked out RA this morning and still good on sites for those thinking of coming out and joining us at the Dunes!

13. UtahCamperGuy

UtahCamperGuy New Member

What days?

14. cztardust

cztardust Active Member

Indiana Dunes Rally will be on the September 11th weekend 2015 so grab a pair sunglasses and come join us! I may have an upgrade to the work in progress so stay tuned folks! Whooo Hooo! [8D]

15. DieselLibertyCRD

DieselLibertyCRD Member

I'm ready for some beach weather!!

16. cztardust

cztardust Active Member

Same here! I can't wait to have these feet ankle deep in sand, I'll be taking the kids out there when their summer vacation time starts in June too!
    I checked out the shelter on the way through the area and may just bump up the reservation a notch from the Orchard Shelter to the Wilson shelter for the potluck.
    The Wilson shelter seams a bit more size appropriate and much nicer.
    It has electric for crock pots and such, a CCC style fireplace and nicer grill for just a few extra dollars. We'll see what's up when I get home from work tonight.
    I've been running non-stop trying to get the house chores caught up, the TT ready for @bahb's Turkey Run Rally and checking things out for the Dunes September 11th Rally with more family coming this year to all the state parks than last! Whoo Hooo! It's going to be a great camping season!!!

17. cztardust

cztardust Active Member

All right folks, upgraded to the Wilson Shelter for the potluck. A much nicer shelter with plenty of room for yard games and the fireplace is really cool [8D]

18. cztardust

cztardust Active Member

Beach weather is coming soon! Don't forget to make your ressies for the Indiana Dunes September 11th Weekend Rally and have it made in the shade! [SUN]
    Prime sites of every sort still available near the Rally, hope to see you out there!

19. efehser

efehser New Member

Just saw something somewhere on the interwebz that the Dunes Pavillion is haunted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. cztardust

cztardust Active Member

Yes, but they bring their own food so it's all okay... Wait now... you're the one heading up the Halloween Rally at Pokagon! You prolly know these guys by name!
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.