2015 - Maryland Rally

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by BALTIBCAMPER, Aug 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. highside pup

highside pup Active Member

Thank you for hosting, we had a great time.

Hope to see you all again either at the second annual Maryland rally or in a nice campground somewhere.

Safe travels all.

2. busdriverwc75

busdriverwc75 Chester County, PA

Great job, Andrew & crew! We really enjoyed the weekend. We've attended quite a few rallies over the years, but it was so nice to meet so many new folks & visit a new park.
    Unfortunately, we got a flat tire shortly after leaving today, but managed to drive to a safe spot off of 81, changed it out, & continued on our way. We dropped the trailer at our local RV repair shop for state inspection & to get all 4 replaced before our Assateague trip in 10 days.
    Safe travels to all!

3. Davylee

Davylee Camping = Life is Good

Great Job Andrew and Gina and whoever else I am forgetting!! We had fun, met a few folks and toured the local battlefields. We are safely home after a 11 and half hour trip.

Perhaps we will see you gain next year. [;)]

4. GalsofEscape

GalsofEscape Active Member

Glad to hear you arrived home in Maine safe and sound. Was so nice meeting you. Will have to plan attending one of the rallies up north soon.

I hope everyone had a great time. Baltibcamper and us galsofescape had a great time hosting the rally and look forward to another one next year.

5. GalsofEscape

So glad you are safe. Have a great time at Assateague and hope you can make it back to the next Maryland rally. We had alot of fun meeting people and putting faces to forum names.

6. shelmily

shelmily Well-Known Member

Thanks Andrew and crew! We had a great time. The park was really nice, and the lake was a nice retreat from the heat too. It was nice to meet new faces, and old friends too. Hopefully we can make it next year too. Thanks again.

7. Grandpa Hiker

Grandpa Hiker Member

Andrew & crew ... thanks for a great weekend!! Everything was perfect!! We are looking forward to the next one!!

8. phager76

phager76 Active Member

Thanks Andrew and everyone we had an absolutely great time. I'll get some pics up when we get to the house.
    Shelmily, Rhiannon had such a great time with your girls! We can't wait for the next rally with all of you!

Sent From My Moto E

9. shelmily

My girls enjoyed playing with her too. Sorry they didn't get to spend more time together. If you are up for it, we will be at the Maine rally, and the Vermont rally if it's still happening. I have been thinking of putting together an eastern PA rally for next year too.

10. BALTIBCAMPER

BALTIBCAMPER Member

[​IMG]

11. BALTIBCAMPER

BALTIBCAMPER Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. BALTIBCAMPER

BALTIBCAMPER Member

A beautiful site!

13. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

. Hymm, Eastern PA rally? That sounds interesting! Any thoughts on possible locations yet

14. TheWunders

TheWunders Parkville, Maryland

Great job, Andrew and Company! We had a great time and look forward to another rally.

15. phager76

phager76 Active Member

I'll have to look at my schedule for the Maine or Vermont rallies, we'd definitely be up for an eastern PA rally.

Here's some pics I got from the meet and greet and potluck.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Potluck with my daughter as the door prize puller
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A little fun in the sun on the lake.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And, since this is the mid Atlantic, a little fun in the rain a bit later.
    [​IMG]

Unfortunately, no camping trip is without it's issues. Two SPUTs for us. First, my wife broke the door latch when my son locked her out of the pup. She pulled and pulled until the lip on the outside broke. Imagine her chagrin when she remembered after it broke that the walls are canvas and Velcro. Fortunately everything still works.

The worst one was when we went to bed last night there wasn't a cloud in the sky. Sometime over night a decent storm rolled in and dumped rain. Well I forgot to dip one side of the awning for drainage and woke up to a blocked door, and an awning header bar that is now shaped like a "V". Looks like a new awning will be on the Christmas list, and an ez up canopy for fathers day.

One final note, for those who are interested, my cat is doing well and pulled through. Unfortunately, my mom suffered from a hopeful medication reaction that has her in the hospital. Apparently, she started talking to characters in books for no apparent reason. She's under observation and is scheduled for a cat scan, so we'll see what happens there.

Sent From My Moto E

16. GalsofEscape

Nice pics pager. Nice to hear the cat is recovered and sorry to hear about your mom. Hopefully she will be back home soon.
    Yes, it wouldn't be the midatlantic without some rain, but thankfully it did not interfere with any of the activities.

17. Davylee

Davylee Camping = Life is Good

Phager sorry about your Mom and my DW is glad that your cat is okay. Hope you can make it to the Maine or Vermont Rally is we have that one.

Shemily, Eastern PA Rally I would be up for that. Even as far as Lake Hammond would be okay. [:D]

18. shelmily

Nice pictures Phager. Glad your cat is ok. I know from experience, how hard it is on the kids when one dies. Sorry to hear about your mom too, I hope she is ok.

As for an eastern PA rally, it's just a thought at this point, but glad to hear there may be some interest. I will start thinking harder about it soon, and let everyone know.

19. RABID59

RABID59 Member

Thanks Andrew and friends it was well worth the miles to get there and meet some new folks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.