2015 Texas Puppers Spring Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeetercampsintexas

Super Active Member
Jun 26, 2012
Wylie, Texas
Seeing as I was volunteered for the wagon master position for the next rally here I am already doing some research. Upon looking around Glen Rose there aren't too many group accommodating parks that would do well for pups. The few I've come across are your typical class a places, not man trees, tightly packed, etc.

I've figured out that a bit further south, closer to everyone else, but only about 2 hours from us, would put the next rally around Lake Whitney. There is a ACOE park there that seems inviting.

Here is a link.... http://www.recreation.gov/camping/mccown-valley/r/campgroundDetails.do?contractCode=NRSO&parkId=71286

Let me know what yall think. Also there are a good amount of private campgrounds/marinas in the area. Some with good reviews, some with mixed reviews. I'm not too worried about the numbers to make a rally, I could count 5 regulars for sure that would be in.

Also we need to decide on february, or march. And which weekend in either month.

shfd739

Apr 16, 2011
March might be a little safer weather wise but It's still end of winter in north Texas so it's a crapshoot.

We're good for the weekends of March 13 and 27.

Txbum

Pop up, Pop Top, Chill....Ahhhh
Mar 25, 2013
Yes, yes , Dutch oven food sounds different....food and dessert Dutch oven style?.....

Indy

Super Active Member
Jul 30, 2012
We're in. Love the Dutch oven potluck. I need more ideas and recipes!

shfd739

Apr 16, 2011
And now I have an excuse to get a dutch oven lol

Ginger that will be great if yall can make it!

We're in unless something changes before then

Merlin14

Aug 30, 2014
As of now, there are 36 Standard Electric Sites available.
(There are also 38 Equestrian Electric).

For the Dutch Oven pot luck, I've got a 5 bean/minestrone type soup chili that might be a good fit for the cooler Spring weather.

That week and weekend works for us.

Merlin14

Aug 30, 2014
Tried to upload satellite view and map, but bad luck.
Will book when a couple more do so.

Merlin

lonestarcamper

A smile is worth a 1000 words!
Jul 25, 2014
Sugar Land
I'm in and reserved. I will be checking back to see if things change. It's a long haul from Sugar Land, but the extra days during Spring Break will be nice. Hope the weather is good.

Txbum

Pop up, Pop Top, Chill....Ahhhh
Mar 25, 2013
Site 17....Friday leave Sunday.... [:D]..Txbum......HURRY UP sites going fast...!

Ryanincc

Truth is poetry. Most Americans do not like poetry
Dec 28, 2013
Corpus Christi, TX
Shoot! Got in too late i guess. [:(] Lake Whitney is almost a 6 hour drive for us from Corpus and over 4 from the in-laws in Pleasanton. Oh well. Maybe by the rally after this one we will be able to venture out further as my 17 month gets older. Have fun puppers!

Status
Not open for further replies.