2015 - Texas Sweetheart Rally

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by Ryanincc, Oct 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryanincc

Ryanincc Truth is poetry. Most Americans do not like poetry

Wow lonestar! Thanks for the insider information! Exactly what we needed. With that info in mind on the playgrounds, we can save the $15 and go to a w/elec site no prob. I'll get dibs on 117.

So 117 and 118 are taken.

Indy, are you 116 still? At Canyon Lake, I dont remember your dogs being a nuisance at all, or were they not there? lol

Richard and Merlin?

2. tx.glamazon

tx.glamazon New Member

We're in for the MLK weekend!! Will get Hugh to schedule that Monday off.... and maybe sneak in midday Friday.

Alas, we cannot make the March rally, as we have plans for our anniversary.

3. tx.glamazon

tx.glamazon New Member

Okay, I'm calling dibs on 116.. close enough to everything and everyone...

Sherri

4. tx.glamazon

tx.glamazon New Member

Whups... Indy is in 116... we'll go to 124... still in the party!

Sherri

5. Txbum

Txbum Pop up, Pop Top, Chill....Ahhhh

[?:~{]confused...is it Texana not Breckenridge?..

6. Ryanincc

Awesome Sherri! So looks like, 118, 117, 116, 124 are taken. Just one more and I can get the official thread going.

Don't forget to call the park on Monday morning to reserve, 361-782-5718.

7. Ryanincc

There are two sides of the Brackenridge Recreational Complex. The Brack. side is a little less spaced and less trees, slightly more geared toward big rigs. The Texana Park and Campground is where the State PArk used to be and is the same as it was when a State Park except modern restrooms wifi playgrounds etc. at least as far as I know. Indy and lonstar both say the Texana side is great so It seems a good fit for us.

8. Txbum

Ok , I will call park to reserve...thanks Ryan

9. Txbum

Ryanicc, we will go for sure. I cannot reserve until the Oct 19 or 20 , this is the 90 day in advance limit. Unless you know of another way to book a site now.

10. Ryanincc

No, no one can reserve a site right now due to its before the 90 day limit. So the first day any of us can reserve is Monday Oct. 20th. Do you know what site you want, Richard?

11. Ryanincc

I just submitted all the info to Steve. We should have an official thread soon.

12. lonestarcamper

lonestarcamper A smile is worth a 1000 words!

TXBum and MJ: If you look at Texana site map, you can see #116 between Ryan and Showers. It is situated sideways rather than backin (like you were at Granger). There is additional parking right across the street if you need it. If you don't choose that because you want to be a little more out of the middle of things, I recommend #103-99. #101 is deeper into woods and very shaded, sometimes that means cooler in winter. However, that is the draw for Texana, the natural surroundings, brush, trees, and all! I'll be on the lakeside, which I love, but it can get windy. Playground area is sunnier, less wind, and in a semi-circle. I would usually get #99 when my grandchildren were small because it had shade and sun, no wind, and steps from playground. But it's ALL GOOD!

I talked to office and Miss Cindy is still there at the Nature Center. We can call ahead to find out what she will be doing that weekend and the times. I plan to bring my bike to ride, and I have an extra if anyone wants me to bring it. Let's hope for dry, warm weather so we can break out the games on the long weekend :)

13. Ryanincc

I think we are supposed to call if we have difficulty getting our sites online first.

14. Indy

Indy Member

Ryan, yes, still in. :)

We have 2 dogs and can kennel them if needed, but I hate to leave them in a kennel all weekend because they love the outdoors. Our Boxer Melody is a sweetheart and loves everybody. Sometimes she barks to alert us, but once she knows we're ok with the "strangers" she's good. She is very much a people-person, and she loves other dogs and kids. Our other dog, Indiana, is a shepherd mix from the SPCA. We got him as a puppy and he was a good dog, until a pit bull attacked and bit both my husband and our dog at the dog park one day. Now, he is extemely protective, and he panics about strange dogs and people coming too near. (Ask Richard and Mary Jane!). He likes kids, but hates other dogs and strangers, so I try to keep him secluded and distanced as much as possible. He will be tied up, leashed, or kenneled in our camper at all times, but if you walk up to our site he will BARK like crazy. We need the dog whisperer to help calm his anxiety!

15. lonestarcamper

If ya'll haven't checked the site map at Texana today, please do. The booking for Jan 16 weekend has started (despite what the office told me and Ryan). I checked this morning before church and all our sites wanted are booked. Unless someone from our group booked them, they are gone. I booked# 97 (leaving playground sites for you with kiddos), but being in a rush to get out the door, forgot and booked only 2 nights. I will go back in and add Sunday in a couple days. Sites #103-down are all good and sites#101-96 are as well. 101, 103, 102, and 99 are next to playground. Sites#121-126 are full hookups and good as well, just away from playground. The map does not show that there is a woods, brush, and trail between those full hookups and playground. So no visibility. Ok, no more to add.

16. tx.glamazon

tx.glamazon New Member

Thanks for the head's up! I got in tonight and booked for three days in site 124 as promised.

FYI, their online reservation system did not work for me from an Apple Ipad.. had to use a PC desktop to get it to talk to me...

S

17. lonestarcamper

Well, here's a kicker... I went on this morning and signed on to my account. Found #118 to be booked, so I booked #97. This afternoon, I look without being signed in, and #118 is open. I sign in and try to reserve it--it was booked! So I logged out and went into reservations without signing into my account. Site #118 was available and I booked it for Jan 16-19. Weird!! So now I have to go back and cancel #97 in a day or two. Something is not quite right with the online system.
    Glad ya'll got in though. You got a good site. I've had that one. Maybe I'll hang onto #97 until I find out if someone needs it, and we will do some online reservation tango!

18. Ryanincc

What a gip. My spot was taken. Oh well. Thanks for the heads up, lonestar. I got #103 through Monday. It was squirrley with my laptop too getting the reservation. Must have something to do with it being a popup and the blockers settings. Glad you got your's lonestar.

19. jam0911

jam0911 Member

Hmm, I have yet to make it to a rally. Edna ain't to far away, sounds like I need to talk to the DW and see what she would like to do.

20. Ryanincc

Definitely come! I was trying to remember your screen name to invite you since I know you are near me and in the same boat, even searched around for it, but couldnt figure it out. Im super glad you found the thread! lonestarcamper has an extra reservation right next to the playground if needed, but if you act fast you should get what you want.

We have #124, #118 and #103 so far and the option #97

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.