2015 - Texas Sweetheart Rally

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by Ryanincc, Oct 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Txbum

Txbum Pop up, Pop Top, Chill....Ahhhh

Morning all, ryaninc, I have PM lonestarcamper and have asked for the extra site she reserved. It is site 97...so Robin, if you're there ," dibs on 97..please"....Txbum............S.TEXASCAMPER, come on over we would like for you to camp out with us. Txbum......does anyone have a "theme" for the event?....

2. Ryanincc

Ryanincc Truth is poetry. Most Americans do not like poetry

A theme? Hmmm. Im not sure everyone dressing up like MLK would work out too well [LOL]

We could do an opposite Valentines Day. Instead of flowers and hearts and jewelry that the ladies will get a month after the rally, We could do steak, beer and whatever man cave stuff we can think of. Maybe the girls could make someone's camper camouflage. [LOL] Richard, we could exchange hand grenades!

3. Txbum

Iffin, the men folks are up to it, we could do something for the ladies.....give it a think over. Jane said the men could make breakfast for all the ladies....hmmm. She didn't say when [LOL].

4. jam0911

jam0911 Member

Alright, i have got the all clear from the DW and have permission to reserve a site [:D] . We will arrive Friday evening and leave Sunday afternoon. Are all the sites near the playground taken? I have a very active 8 year old who loves the outdoors and does not like to sit in one place for very long.

5. Ryanincc

Fantastic! I think there are two left, #102 and #99 that are right on the playground. But you'll have to check the map during the reserve process to see if they are still open.

Edit: I just checked and only #99 is available

6. Txbum

Ryanincc, Lonestarcamper , is holding site 97 for Txbum....anything we can do to help...let us know. Richard & Mary Jane

7. Ryanincc

I was wondering how the breakfast potluck at the last rally turned out compared to having a dinner? We will likely be smaller as a group. so maybe we could do a little of both?

8. Ryanincc

If you can do even half of what you did to make the Canyon Lake rally great, Ill be very grateful :)

I'm pretty sure I won't be sick this time. Ive gotten a better grasp on ways to prevent it.

9. jam0911

jam0911 Member

Alright, count me in. Just reserved site 102, hopefully that's a good site. This will be our first rally, so I need some ideas of what to do and or what to bring.

10. Ryanincc

Gotcha. I have to wonder, given how many sites filled up so fast, if we are missing someone that hasn't spoke up yet.

11. Txbum

Ryanincc , I think the breakfast potluck went really well....man there was so much food....we had a little rain delay but overall it was real good. Indy brought pumpkin spiced pancakes, I cooked some scrambled eggs, then lonestarcamper brought a egg, sausage cheese casserole , I also cooked up a mess of bacon, ham patties(looked like spam), had coffee going, Everyone brought something. We had eggs and chorizo, tortillas. Bigron 7 pam brought onions and potatoes went great with the eggs. I tried a little bit of everything and before long it turned into a craft session for the kids.Then a goodie bag filling time, a bucket filling time for the campers. Then the sausage fest began. Whew....so yeah I think we could do both... thought if the weather permits I will get started earlier cooking the bacon and sausage patties and then place eggs and everything into crock pot to keep hot until serving time. Our plans were to make pancakes early and place in crock pots but the heavy rains slowed us down a bit. I was hoping to find a brisket and take this to the evening potluck. what ya think...?

12. Txbum

who's in?? well Ryanicc,... Indy, ..Lonestarcamper,..glamazon,..S.TEXASCAMPER,.Txbum , (6) so far...maybe merlin14......

13. Ryanincc

Awesome, Mr. Medina! You'll be my next door neighbor. It will be my second rally, so Im almost as green. When we start figuring out meals and activities (I challenge anyone to a $1 entry fee mini-golf tournament [:D] ) we will figure out who brings what. Lot's of time to get on logistics.

14. Ryanincc

Ryanincc - #103
    S.TXCAMPER - #102
    Txbum - #97
    Lonestar - #118
    tx.glam - #124
    Indy - #116?
    Merlin - #?

That about right?

Since the sites are filling up quick, Im wondering if someone is joining us and hadn't spoken up yet? I did put it on the pup owners group on Facebook, but didnt appear anyone was interested over there. Maybe its just a really popular place.

15. Txbum

$2.00 for for two mini golf players Jane & I..... [:D].....Welcome to the Medina family... [:D]..Txbum

16. jam0911

jam0911 Member

Awesome, the boy will be excited to have other kiddos to play with. Yes, I'll accept the mini golf challenge. Thanks for the welcome. Txbum

17. Ryanincc

I have a 6 year old girl that will be hard to pry off the playground and a almost 2 girl by the time of the rally. How old is your son, Mr. Medina?

18. jam0911

jam0911 Member

I have an 8 year old football player, nick named "Big J". But don't worry, he's a gentle giant.. Please feel free to call me Jorge, DW is Shannon and Son if Jallen...

19. Ryanincc

1 question about mini-golf tournament.... should we allow bringing our own putter, or only the ones the camp provides? [:D]

20. Txbum

No...pro golf clubs ( putters...) unless you let me use it ! [LOL]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.