2015 - Texas Sweetheart Rally

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by Ryanincc, Oct 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryanincc

Ryanincc Truth is poetry. Most Americans do not like poetry

Ok, its all stock putters then [:(O] Jk I dont want to transport mine, but then again, I havent used it in over a year. [LOL]

Need to figure out the theme still. Steaks beer and golf. what else could it be? [LOL]

2. Indy

Indy Member

Someone beat us to the punch on 116, so we reserved 127 instead.

Saturday morning and evening potluck would be fine, as far as I'm concerned. Dutch oven cooking isn't too bad - just throw it in a pot and let it cook, so that part is easy.

Mini-golf tournament would be fun. We're in! I'm a solid last place, pretty sure. :)

3. Txbum

Txbum Pop up, Pop Top, Chill....Ahhhh

Indy, I have dibs on last place.... [LOL].....oh and you NEED to feed your dog Indy some Mexican food! He might likes us next time [LOL].....Txbum

4. lonestarcamper

lonestarcamper A smile is worth a 1000 words!

Wow! I missed a lot just going to work today! Sounds like we have a solid 6 so far. I'm sure there will be more. I don't know what ya'll are talking about with the mini-golf, but I'm always game for games. I have a washer box game as well. I'll challenge anyone.

I like the "Guys and Gals With Heart" theme. What about guys doing the brunch for the ladies (means we don't do nothin'), and gals do the dinner (guys don't do nothin')? Ladies can bring their favorite pot of chili recipe and guys can judge. Indy, sounds good huh?

We can supplement the different chilis with hot dogs for kids and all, fritos, crackers, etc. (I can have Barbara bring veggie chili if she comes)

We need brunch around 10 and dinner around 5 because you know it will be dark before 6 in Jan. The kiddos (big and little) will enjoy the nature center talk and sometimes Cindy will do a craft for kids in the park.. If not, I have ideas.

A scavenger hunt is always fun for kids and adults too.

S.TEXAS- You have a great site on the playground!

Just keep those ideas flowin!

5. Indy

Indy Member

Sounds great.... and I was kind of thinking about a scavenger hunt too. Just wasn't sure of the ages of all kids and how far they could/should hunt near the lake or how to make that work. I'm not good at this - I haven't done kid stuff in too long. :)

6. phoodieman

phoodieman Active Member

Watch out for the gators!!! Cold weather should keep them in check though.

Phoodieman

7. Ryanincc

Ryanincc - #103, S.TXCAMPER - #102, Txbum - #97, Lonestar - #118, tx.glam - #124, Indy - #127, Merlin - #?

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]lonestar, that's a pretty good idea about doing both. But I want to try some of these famous sausages I read about on the last rally. If that happens at breakfast or dinner then Im happy
    [:D]

The Brackenridge Park side of the complex has the mini-golf course so I was talking about driving over there for quick tourney. They also have a frisbee-golf course IIRC. Ive only tried that once before and could be fun to try if we find ourselves looking for something to do.[/font]

If we do a scavenger hunt, perhaps the nice lady in the nature center could get us pointed in the right direction, or are we thinking of a silly scavenger hunt?

8. Txbum

Ryanicc, the weenie roast turned into a sausage fest....it was all good....if anyone likes H.O.T. sausage let me know , this is way beyond jalapeno hot. It is made in Moulton ,Texas.....wheeeew , muy caliente! [:O] [:)O].....Breakfast for the ladies....ok with me.

9. Ryanincc

Ewww a sausage fest? I thought the ladies would be invited [LOL] [LOL]

Im also cool with doing breakfast (Saturday or Sunday morning?), but have no idea how I could contribute [?:~{]
    Im sure I could do OJ, cereal and donuts if that would fill a breakfast/brunch niche.

Count me in for a little H.O.T. sausage. My stomach will be angry, but coming from Txbum, its got to be worth it

10. Merlin14

Merlin14 Active Member

Snagged 104 for Fri/Sat.
    More when things slow down a bit here.

11. Ryanincc

Great Merlin! I was really hoping you could make it.

That's 7. Already way bigger than I expected!

My phone did this using Tapatalk

12. Indy

Indy Member

If you build it, they will come. [:D]

13. Ryanincc

Hey Richard! They have a paintball course too! You wanna get a two on two couples match going? [LOL]

"Play a round at our popular Gator Golf course. This miniature golf course features 9 holes that are sure to challenge. The course is free to play if you have your own putter and golf balls. Forget your golf equipment at home? The Brackenridge Park office has putters in various lengths available for daily rental, along with a golf balls."

Maybe we should bring our putters and balls, since then it would be free for us. I wouldnt mind sharing mine. Maybe I could pawn shop buy another one for a couple bucks.

Edit: just called and its $2.50 to rent one for 24 hours.... Ill bring mine and a dozen balls with markers so we can decorate them. Im sure we can scrounge up some more putters from the back of our garages.

14. Txbum

Maybe Jane & someone else...Jane likes guns....been ..hit...brings back flash backs [V], but will help judge who is down or out...check with Mattsolo, Indy's Matt loves guns.... [LOL]

15. Ryanincc

Either way.... as long as its on camera [LOL] [LOL]

16. Merlin14

Merlin14 Active Member

OK. It slowed down a bit...I photographed an event all weekend and now it's follow up/through til Fri. Will catch up this reading thread soon.

If we do a potluck dinner, put me down for a 12" DO 4-5 bean soup/chili thing that has SAUSAGE, and I'll be glad to help out on the ladies breakfast.

I'll hunt up a putter somewhere, and will be bringing a bike. I use it to exercise my dog, exhausted dogs are quiet dogs.

It should be me, DW and...
    [​IMG]

17. jam0911

jam0911 Member

Putt Putt, paint balling and BEER! Man this trip sounds like it's going to be FUN! Oh and can't forget about the food! I'm sure the DW will figure something out to make in the crock pot to contribute, since I have yet to experiment with a DO.

18. lonestarcamper

lonestarcamper A smile is worth a 1000 words!

OK, now I understand--real putt putt golf. I don't know about paintball. That sounds like it will hurt or be messy? Scavenger hunt via nature center or silly family style--both fun! Oh yeah, there are at least 2 fishing piers on Texana camp side. There are some very cool trails that we can get a nice group hike on maybe Sunday (I'm sure no one is interested in the Texan game at this point--now I'm in for it).

Still time to get more campers on board too. I have to see which of my other camper peeps want to join us.

I definitely think the chili/soup ladies cookoff sounds like fun. Yes, the sausage will make an appearance I'm sure. Guys ya'll can be the cookoff judges for the chili/soup. I have my late husband's chili recipe that was always a winner!

I like cereal and donuts too! Maybe we can break out other games like dominoes, cards, washers, horseshoes, heads-up, etc.

Sunday is going to be a lazy day. I know not everybody is staying till Monday, so we might not want the brunch or dinner on Sunday. We can take a poll to find out who's staying.

Keep passing the word....

19. Ryanincc

I wasn't serious about the paintball but I may have opened pandora's box on that one. [LOL]

Fishing is probably a better idea. If the piers prove to be fruitless, theres a stocked catch and release pond on the Brackendridge side we could try.

Im sure, from the goodie box popupsteve will send us, we could have a gift for the winner of the chili/soup cookoff. Which reminds me, my wife can do a pretty good frito pie with turkey chili and cheese. Of course its all pre-made and you just put it in a bowl [LOL]

Is anyone bringing a Kayak or Canoe? Id like to try that short paddling trail if anyone allows borrowing.

Robin, Is there a game called cereal and donuts? I was being literal for what I could bring to the breakfast [:D]

Im interested in the Texan game, if there is one. Id figure the season is over by then and it will be just Superbowl Hype during that time. Ive never had TV while camping so I'd like to experience it for future reference if you are bringing the equipment.

We are staying until Monday, but I know others can't. Once we get the official thread going, Ill get the arrive/depart dates for everyone. Which also reminds me, I chatted with Steve and said the official should have been up last night. I'll check up on that.

Also, I have a couple pieces of hardware to give out or exchange if we do some kind of parts swap like before. At the moment, I just have a lot of Reflectix leftover, some screw snaps to do the door strap mod, and some rings to do the PUG mod if anyone is interested. OH and some chocks that go with Lynx blocks if anyone needs those. I probably have more....

20. Txbum

Ryanincc, bring on the stuff to swap , sell, give away.....I will bring some items..... I plan on bringing a small television....it came in handy during the severe storms at the last rally. I have a few items I will bring. Txbum

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.