2015 - Texas Sweetheart Rally

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by Ryanincc, Oct 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tx.glamazon

tx.glamazon New Member

Got nothing to trade except beer and greenbacks, but would happily swap those for your leftover reflectix, lynx blocks and any greywater tank you may have. Well, maybe cookies too.

2. tx.glamazon

tx.glamazon New Member

Is anybody bringing items for attendance prizes other than the stuff PopupSteve provides? I have a nice gift to add...it's a surprise, but a gurl type person will like it better than a guy type person...

3. Ryanincc

Ryanincc Truth is poetry. Most Americans do not like poetry

Bring it glam! We can use it for the winner of the women's chili/soup cookoff.

My phone did this using Tapatalk

4. lonestarcamper

lonestarcamper A smile is worth a 1000 words!

Maybe a fishing tournament? Start Friday afternoon, end Sunday morning? Nothing serious. Maybe biggest fish for children and adult? (not counting live bait)

I can probably borrow my brother's kayak. It might come with a pesky brother attached (we are only a year apart, and still competitive in our old age).

Texana used to rent small boats like canoe and paddleboats. Not sure they still do.

I don't see the rally up yet.

5. jam0911

jam0911 Member

My father in law has canoes that are sitting there collecting dust, maybe I can talk him into donating them to his son in law. When it comes to fishing I can't even catch weeds!

6. Txbum

Txbum Pop up, Pop Top, Chill....Ahhhh

Now ya talking! We like to fish! ...Darn it, this time we gonna wet a hook!......hope to maybe grill a fish or two. [:D] Txbum

7. skeetercampsintexas

skeetercampsintexas Active Member

Ditch breakfast, go fishing lol

8. Txbum

Scrambled fish eggs with side of catfish bacon and gator grits [LOL]

9. Txbum

Ryanincc, Lonestarcamper, Indy....a question for all of you. Do the campsites have a covered shelter/shade , like the one at Granger park?.....Any one bringing a canopy like a First Up/ EZ Up shade/shelter?......Jane says I need to cut back on gear. [LOL]

10. Ryanincc

I don't think so, Txbum, but I've never been. Lonestar and indy have. I'm bringing the same 10 X 10 as the rally at canyon lake. I'm sure with at least 7 pups going, we could round up quite a few for the mess hall area, wherever that will be. Richard, if you leave a canopy home, will that give you room to bring the Margarita machine? Haha

I'm sure we would like to fish as well. We've got two little rods set up for bait but not much else. I think I'll take piggy perch over getting shot by semi automatic high powered air rifles lol.

11. Ryanincc

I called them about renting kayaks or canoes and they said they were working on it but not yet.

12. Merlin14

Merlin14 Active Member

This will be our first rally. Are we having potluck Sat eve?
    If yes, I'll bring a prize for biggest unburned toasted marshmallow or some such culinary delicacy.
    Sound OK?

13. Txbum

Thanks Ryan, I was looking a satellite images and it is very wooded and can't see much around the camp sites. I was thinking of going there this weekend to scope things out. Yeah we are going to need a central location and camp kitchen help, a pancake person...a eggs cooking person , and a bacon/ sausage cooking person, a coffee person and a runner serving the ladies.......so gentlemen think about it..... I had my hands full and thanks to Mary Jane , Barbara for helping out on the grill, while I moved over to make coffee. I am sure it will all come together.... [:D]

14. Txbum

Merlin14, yes a chili potluck 5 pm, served by the ladies......feel free to enter your favorite chili dish. The Saturday morning breakfast to be hosted ( pre-pared ) by the men especially for the ladies at brunch time @ 1000 am.....could use your help in the mess hall. [LOL]

15. Merlin14

Merlin14 Active Member

Glad to help out where needed.

16. Ryanincc

Steve said he should get the official rally up tonight. He fell and broke some ribs so I haven't bugged him too much about it, but he told me to keep harassing him about it. I'm good at that hehe

17. Ryanincc

I think I missed it Merlin. What site did you get? Edit.... oops . I saw it. Nevermind

My phone did this

18. lonestarcamper

lonestarcamper A smile is worth a 1000 words!

Here's the scoop on the landscape:

Ryan, you are literally in the middle of all of us and the playground. If I recall, your table is deep into the center of the area where ours are closer to our pads.

There is plenty of shade, especially for January. However, there are no covered shelters. You will need your awnings or popup canopies if it rains. I have a 12X12 to bring, even an older, smaller one if needed.

My site (118) has plenty of room, but it is across the street from playground and not too safe for keeping your eyes on little ones.

I would say that between Ryanincc and S. Texascamper (103 and 102), we got the central area under control.

The fishing can be done from the bank or the piers. If we want to get more serious about fishing contest, we could move the breakfast to 9:00 Sunday morning before most start to pack up. Just more options. Doesn't matter to me.

There is plenty of brush and woods once you are off the playground area. Pretty cool for hikes and nature scavenger hunts.
    There's no brush or woods on Indy and my side as we are on the waterfront.

Sometimes, deer will roam in small herds through the campsites early and late. We are not supposed to feed them though.

Little brother said I could borrow the kayak, but it is sit in, not sit on type. I'm thinking on that. Don't want to fall in that cold lake!

19. tx.glamazon

tx.glamazon New Member

After reviewing all the current posts to see where folks were situated, I called in to Shelby at the Texana Campground and moved us from 124 to 101... I wanted to be closer to all the fun!!

Hugh says he'll do whatever Brunch duty he is assigned... he's pretty good at fixing most breakfast-y type of things. He can be an egg scrambler, if you don't yet have one... I'll send along my electric skillet.

I'm not the queen of chili, but I am offering a DO of hot buttery cornbread to accommodate said chili-fest. My recipe is for the light and slightly sweet cornbread, so if someone prefers a spicy version, we may need a second bread chef.

20. tx.glamazon

tx.glamazon New Member

And I propose the name of our rally to be the Texas Sweetheart Rally...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.