2015 - Texas Sweetheart Rally

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by Ryanincc, Oct 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Merlin14

Merlin14 Active Member

I'm usually the last one to think of anything, but maybe look over the firewood situations. It will be January for the rally, after all.

2. lonestarcamper

lonestarcamper A smile is worth a 1000 words!

OK. I'll takes pictures of all our sites. I'll be proud to take a picture of your son's logo Txbum, and say hi to Barbara. I've told her about this rally coming up. She's interested. Might try to get my other friend also who likes Texana and goes with me sometimes. Looks like the weekend weather is going to be great! Me, the dogs, and bag full of school work!

3. Txbum

Txbum Pop up, Pop Top, Chill....Ahhhh

Merlin14, I can bring some fire wood, know whos going to split it??? [LOL]...Txbum...Hey Jeffff???

4. tsubeta04

tsubeta04 New Member

Allright fellas....

after our maiden voyage this weekend, the wife and I are hooked.

Just made the reservations for this rally. Look forward to meeting as many of you as possible. Anything we can contribute? W're pretty good cooks.

See you all in January

5. Merlin14

Merlin14 Active Member

tsubeta04, glad your first trip was pleasant.
    How about telling us some about it if you don't mind.
    First trips usually have at least one memorable moment. [;)]

6. lonestarcamper

Well, the weekend at Lake Texana was beautiful! I did take photos of all our campsites. However, I can't upload them! The site says my sizes are too large per photo. I don't know how to resize the photos. If I figure it out this week, I'll post them. I think everyone will be happy. The 102 and 103 are in the middle of everyone and right at playground. Very good position for headquarters. Merlin, you are on the water with lake at your east backside. Indy, you are on finger creekside with water on your south backside. I am on same side, but with more brush and tree cover. Firewood is available for purchase.
    TXbum, if your are going on a scouting trip next weekend, check out the "Chili Spill" across from the park. You might pick up some pointers for our cook off! Your site is just down from playground far enough not to have kiddie traffic.
    I'll keep working on photos. If anyone wants me to email the photo to them, let me know through PM.

7. Txbum

Robin, thanks for the Intel....Jane has already begun on goodie bags .....now we are waiting for the END CAP specials during the holidays ...I have a questions , do ladies like knives , like a folding pocket knife? Do you think it would be appropriate as a gift at a rally?...Don't want to offend anyone. Txbum

8. tsubeta04

tsubeta04 New Member

I'm a little confused. Online, we reserved site 117 but reading through the posts someone had called dibbs on that site. Can someone clarify

this for us?

Merlin, I'll post a full report later when I get home. Definitely had some memorable moments

Thanks!

2012 jayco jay series 1206
    2008 GMC Sierra

9. Txbum

tsubeta04, don't worry about it...and welcome to the Rally....sometimes people make reservations way in advance and then they cancel and this opened up for you. Sounds like you have a good spot....I have 97...if you decide you want to be somewhere else we can trade.....can you help us cook a fine 5 star breakfast for the ladies ????? Txbum

10. Ryanincc

Ryanincc Truth is poetry. Most Americans do not like poetry

Hey tsubeta! Welcome! Are you planning on staying until Sunday or Monday and what's your head count, adults and kids. I'll update the list with you on it.

My phone did this using Tapatalk

11. tsubeta04

tsubeta04 New Member

Txbum

Thanks for clearing that up. Count me in for the cooking, just let me know what I should cook. Thanks for offering to trade but I think it'll be fine.

Ryanincc,
    We are staying till Monday and so far it's my wife and I with 2 dogs. Not sure if any family will join us just yet but I'll make sure and update if that's the case,

Thanks!

2008 GMC Sierra

12. tsubeta04

tsubeta04 New Member

Merlin, just posted our first trip's memorable moments.....enjoy.

2008 GMC Sierra

13. Merlin14

Merlin14 Active Member

I read it at: http://www.popupportal.com/index.php?topic=90479.0
    Hardly any hiccups, and a good first trip sure to provide stories that will get better with age.

Everyone at the portal is always interested in everyone else succeeding.
    You're doing it!

14. Ryanincc

tsubeta, got you on the list.

Was curious about your screename... Texas State Univ. and beta is a frat?

15. lonestarcamper

Hopefully these pictures of Texana Campground sites are viewable. In order: 127, 97, 101

Attached Files:

16. lonestarcamper

Here are 102, 103, 104 and TXBUM's son's logo he drew for me:

Attached Files:

17. Ryanincc

18. skeetercampsintexas

skeetercampsintexas Active Member

Ryan have you figured out that you don't talk about the weather or you jinx it? Lol

We don't speak of Bob (the big orange ball), he is shy and will go away the minute you talk about him.

19. jam0911

jam0911 Member

Lone star your son did a great job on that logo! Made me get on the computer to play around with fonts to find something similar to his writing. This is what I found.

[​IMG]

20. lonestarcamper

Ooh! I like that a lot! Might have to borrow that. The other logo was drawn on my late husband's camping chair by Txbum's son at the Fall Rally in Oct. He did a great job! Made his chair even more special. Everyone in my family fights to sit in it!

By the way, I have been up to Texana several times on MLK weekend, and it's uncanny that in the middle of winter, that weekend usually turns out beautiful and warm. Keeping my fingers crossed (that should take care of the jinx).

Cindy at the Nature Center says she'll be happy to do something special for us and the kids if we want. She always has a Saturday talk and demo at @ 10:00. I went on a long hike on the trails, and I think it would be a lot of fun to take a hike and find some nature-type stuff on a scavenger hunt. We could start out as a group on the trails with a list and a partner.
    Maybe sometime between breakfast and chili cookoff? Just need feedback on that. If most would rather kick back and maybe play some games at camp, that'll work too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.