2015 Vermont Fall Foliage Rally Sept. 25 - 27

Status
Not open for further replies.

mercman

Go Ahead, Be That Happy Camper!
Jan 7, 2007
Western MA
Welcome VTRailroadguy,

If your a state park kinda camper, you will really enjoy your stay at Winhall Brook.

Grn Mtn

Super Active Member
Jul 3, 2012
We have had amazingly beautiful summer-like weather for most of the past month. Fortunately, foliage color is primarily driven by the length of the day, plus temperature and moisture. IMHO, peak foliage is reliably SOMEWHERE in Vermont the first week of October.

[:)C] I personally like "early" foliage, with bright green leaves mixed with the early fall colors.

Here's a site that demonstrates the usual progression:
http://www.foliage-vermont.com/foliageinflash.htm

We are sorry to miss this rally, PLUS the opportunity to meet a fellow Vermonter at a PuP rally!

Grn Mtn

Super Active Member
Jul 3, 2012
It's nature - no guarantees. You could just drive a little to a higher elevation or area that turns sooner, there's always pockets of color that are more advanced.That's where the map comes in handy. We thought Winhall was great at this same time last year.

Since different trees change at different rates you WILL see trees that have turned. It is a beautiful area.

shelmily

Super Active Member
Jun 7, 2012
Northeast Pennsylvania
VTRailroadguy, N33 is a really nice site. I was in it last year. The only reason I changed this year is because N36 has a path down to the water, and my girls wanted that site. Welcome to the North loop. It's where all the cool kids camp. [LOL]

shelmily

Super Active Member
Jun 7, 2012
Northeast Pennsylvania
I don't know if anyone is interested or not, but I have a homemade backside awning from my old popup I was going to put up for sale, and thought if someone going to the rally wanted it, I would be more than happy to bring it along. It would save me shipping it. For those who don't know what it it, Here is my thread from when I built it. It was made for a Rockwood 1910 with a goshen lift, but I would think it would fit any 10 foot box with a similar lift. I am asking $40.00 for it. If anyone is interested. If not I will post it in the for sale area of the forum.

http://www.popupportal.com/index.php?topic=75580.msg693768#msg693768

9455858603_6300bf3aa5_c.jpg

silverfz

Aug 8, 2013
I hope there is some color. If we go up 11 and return by 125 for a 2 hr drive.

Popupsteve .do u really have a cat ,u bring camping

VTRailroadguy

Aug 19, 2015
Northwestern Vermont
How late will Friday night's meet n' greet go? My wife and I are both working Friday, so we won't be down there until 2030ish. This is our second camping trip and the second time I'll be setting up the pup in the dark...blah!

Status
Not open for further replies.