2015 Vermont Fall Foliage Rally Sept. 25 - 27

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davylee

Camping = Life is Good
May 4, 2009
Maine
Meet and Greet length depends on the people, usually not too long past quiet time at 10PM some people stay longer and some don't. You should have time to stop in and sit a spell.

mercman

Go Ahead, Be That Happy Camper!
Jan 7, 2007
Western MA
I imagine there will still be people at the meet & Greet when you get there. As for water on the electric sites, I can't remember if they do. We have only had a electrical site once then we discovered the north loop waterfront sites.

Ductape

Super Active Member
Jun 12, 2013
We are officially in...... site N32. Estimated arrival time 6:30pm. Will update with something for the pot luck.

2 adults
1 mini-me
1 dog

Davylee

Camping = Life is Good
May 4, 2009
Maine
Yes the Chili contest is done at the pot luck Jim. Last year they just did a raising of hands for who liked which pot/crock pot best. It's very informal [;)]

mercman

Jan 7, 2007
Western MA
This year the"Feast of Friends" Potluck will start at 6:15 for the chili contest with the meal at 6:30'ish. Everyone who is entering will bring their entry at that time. I will # each one and anyone that wants to judge may by taking a sample of each to try. There will be pieces of paper and pens so people can write down their favorite of the bunch. Results will be counted and a prize awarded to the winner.
Bowls and spoons will be provided.

Ductape

Super Active Member
Jun 12, 2013
Hmmm...... displaying the chili anonymously may make it more difficult for me to solicit ($$$) the votes I'd need to win... [:(!] [:(!] [:(!]

[LOL]

mercman

Jan 7, 2007
Western MA
We are getting close!
For those that are new or have not seen it yet, I highly recommend visiting Ball Mt. Dam, about 10 minutes away from the campground. There is a walkway above the dam that is about 300 feet above the water with tremendous views. Please note they close the gate at 3:00 pm if you go.
ViewofWalkwayBallMtdam.jpg

ViewfromwalkwayBallMtDam.jpg

Grn Mtn

Super Active Member
Jul 3, 2012
The weather forecast looks great for the whole weekend!

Ball Mountain Dam is an awesome project. Don't forget that Jamaica State Park is just a few minutes down the road. You can park there and walk the rail trail along the river - beautiful! It is not steep from the Jamaica side of the trail, so it is a good alternative to the switchbacks on the face of the dam. You can also bike on the rail trail

The water release is this weekend, it is a fun and interesting annual event:

http://www.vtstateparks.com/htm/jamaica_ww.htm

Note that it is just ONE day this year.

Believe me when I say "we would be there if we could"!

mercman

Jan 7, 2007
Western MA
For anyone interested, the Group paddle will be Saturday @ 11:00 am. We will meet up top on the side of the Ranger station. It's a 5 minute drive to Gale Pond.
Galepondcloudreflection.jpg

galepondsunset.jpg

PopUpSteve

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2002
Southeastern PA
Now when you say "Group Paddle", you are talking about going kayaking, right? I would be up for that but anything else I would have to think about.

Grn Mtn

Super Active Member
Jul 3, 2012
Genie2010 said:
We are sincerely going to miss you guys! Tell Ken I hope he recuperates quickly!

I know you will manage to have fun without us *sniff* [:D]

We are bummed to miss this rally. We also missed the Fisherman's rally, our Acadia trip, and the Apache Northeast round-up, not to mention a few other scheduled things locally.

VTRailroadguy

Aug 19, 2015
Northwestern Vermont
My wife will be working a half day Friday and the kids only have half a day of school, so we hope to be on the road after I get out of work at 1400. I'm thinking 1730ish arrival which means I won't have to set up in the dark...WOOT!

Status
Not open for further replies.