2016 3rd Annual Ontario "Down By the River Rally"

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by ccptbo, Jul 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

Re: 2016 3rd Annual Ontario "Down By the River Rally"

Got here right after a few others. Just finished raining.

2. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Need a roll call of who's there, who's still coming and who will be no shows...

3. scrt95019

scrt95019 Member

We are here :). 191. Swimming, but dry! lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

We are standing with umbrellas around the fire.

5. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Well-Known Member

I'm here cozied up with my book. [RTM] Had a spectacular nap. [SNZ] Got a little chilly there for a bit. And to think that I almost didn't bring my little heater! Snug as a bug, as my dad would have said. He loved the sound on rain on canvas! :)

6. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

It's the best, Pat!

7. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

More fun to drown out the sound of rain with a good movie...

8. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Well-Known Member

Not for me. I'm with my dad on this one! :)

9. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Wrench and Ziggs both have arrived. ..

10. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Well if I do say so, that was another great rally in the books.. Potluck was excellent, there something for everyone with some old favorites as well as new yummy dishes..

Once again the after gathering campfire was great. , thanks again to Tracey and Tim for hosting it.. Jeff for providing the golf carts and a big thank you to all the members who attended and made so special. .

Hope to see everyone in 2017... Don't forget we have a Thanksgiving Gathering planned for October....

11. Wrenchgear

Wrenchgear Near Elmira, Southern Ontario

So, we were the last to come out of the rally today. Thanks to Pat (Strawhouse) for coming over to our site last night bring the last of her firewood, and providing us with a few hours of light hearted conversation. Mel left us her firewood yesterday as well. We had great fires all day long thanks to all that.

During the door prizes, after the Potluck, Young ccptbo Amy, was pulling tickets out of a jar to see who would win various prizes. The grand prize was the last to be drawn. She puled Ziggs' ticket. The prize was a package of Lynx Levelers. Turns out that Ziggs is totally set up with BAL products and figured he didn't need the Lynx. So he said, "thanks a bunch, but someone else needs them worse than me". He told Amy to re-draw from the jar. Well, wouldn't you know that she pulled my name. So, long story short, 2 thanks go out here. Thanks to Ziggs for putting grand prize back up for dibs, and thanks to Amy for drawing my name from the jar. I wanted to thank Ziggs personally, but things very quickly turned to the campfire at TandT's and it just didn't happen. He also had to make an emergency exit the next morning, and once again, it was missed. So Jeff, Thanks very much, that was very kind of you.
    Not to forget, but thatnks to Lynx for donating that prize, I've already put them to use, pictures to follow.

My other regular door prize was a fantastic CRKT Wasp folding knife. What a great knife and gift. Thank you very much to whoever put that one on the pile. I already have it in the box in the Pup, and it will be staying in there permanently.

We left the park nice and clean, and in a respectful manner, so the Portal won't get a bad rep! :)
    Another rally in the books, it was a great one!

One last thing, Happy Birthday to Snow, we should've had one more toast at the campfire, clink clink prost!

12. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Thought you were going to say she had to pull your trailer off your site .. [:P] [:P]

Think someone asked as to "why the American Flags" ^^^ That would be the answer.... Thanks Wrench ..

p.s. If you get the chance send those pictures and a short write up to the Lynx Leveler people on facebook, if you can't find their page let me know and I'll send you the link...

13. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

What a great time had by all...as normal! It was great seeing old faces (missed seeing a few!) and putting faces to new members and meeting them and sharing past Rally stories. I do hope everyone had fun!

Thanks to Snow and Lorraine for the incredible surprise and so glad it was what it was. Even if Tim and I (and Wrench) were a little....shocked. Lol.
    Thanks!

Even with all the rain and storms going through on Friday, we all had some laughs and managed to keep the fires stoked! (Thanks babe!)

Thank you to whoever donated the Woods cast iron skillet! What a wonderful gift and we are looking forward to putting it to good use!

Snow and Lorraine...thank you. You know what for.

Wrench & Tina...glad you could use the extra firewood. Such a pleasure to meet Steve (and Tina) and see Rach again. We hope to see them next year and look forward to hearing about Stevie's driving adventures with the peanut brittle, Chinese food, CTC gas, and so many more (donuts!) Lol.

Chris & Keith...your fajitas were awesome....Pat, your "mess of everything" amazing!
    Thanks to everyone for contributing what they did...it was all so good! Next year...bacon wrapped brownies!

Ziggy...so good to see you, even if it was just for a short time. Melanie, you know we missed you. Kids are still talking about the Hotdog bar!

I think I've covered most...what a great time!

What's everyone doing next weekend? Lol

14. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Like I said, you never know where or when we might show up ...lol Things happened to workout and I was under a gag order ... [:P]

Yes all the door prizes were great, Lorraine liked the led lights (anonymously donated by Straswhouse) .. [;)]

Were expecting some dogs or burgers next time ... Hope the "starter pack" was enough to get it going ...

Yes was great to see Steve again (we met him last summer when Wrench and Steve popped in for a visit at another campground)Rach and to meet Tina. Definately expect Steve to come again next year (congrats your part of the group now..lol)

Going to hold you to that ... BTW still have your candle from the brownie Sunday morning .. Thanks again ..

Currently we're free this coming weekend (unless we get a call to head North [:(] ) Sibbald has a few sites available .. [;)]

15. scrt95019

scrt95019 Member

I think I might revisit sibbalds... Not sure when we will, as I have some "repairs" to do to the pup first, amongst all sorts
    Of crap around the house to do as well....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

We hear you Andrew!

17. ChrisandKeith

ChrisandKeith New Member

We were looking forward to the rally for months, and weren't disappointed. It was great to meet everyone after all the discussions on this site.

I thought I would update you on my DC voltage (or lack of) issue. It turned out to be really simple. There is an in-line fuse between the battery and the converter. I had checked the fuse and the wire between the battery and the fuse and both were good, but I couldn't check the connection between the fuse holder and the converter. That's where the problem was, right at the fuse holder. The dealer where I bought it found it and repaired it quickly and under warranty, so all is good in the world now. Anyone in the Ottawa area looking for a really good RV dealer should check out Travel-Mor Trailers on Bank. Family business that knows how to take care of their customers.

Keith

18. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Glad you had a good time. Hope you can join us for next years rally..

Glad you got the power issue fixed. .

19. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Not confirmed yet but we may head there the weekend after Labour Day, since I have 15 days off then ..

20. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

@Strawhouse - Pat...the blue led balloon that you gave Amy (thank you for your kindness...the kids really loved that!) is still going! It's hanging from her ceiling fan in her bedroom and still glowing...
    I woke up at 2am to do the the usual...and I'm like "what the heck is that blue glow..." then clued in. Lol.

So thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.