2016 3rd Annual Ontario "Down By the River Rally"

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by ccptbo, Jul 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Well-Known Member

Re: 2016 3rd Annual Ontario "Down By the River Rally"

That's amazing! The package said that they would last for 15 hours. Glad the kids liked them. Shelmily brought some to the NEPA Rally in June, so thanks goes to him as well for the great idea!

Pat

2. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

For sure....thanks Shelmily! A huge hit with the kids! Eric and Emma were still playing with theirs the following day as well!

3. beeztee

beeztee Member

Yeah thanks! Emma and Eric loved them!

4. shelmily

shelmily Well-Known Member

You are very welcome! We actually found them by accident on a random shelf at Walmart. My girls have had them last as long as 3 days!

5. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

We are going on 5 days! Amy doesn't play with it...she looks at it! Lol

6. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Just an FYI for everyone ... New Poll posted today re: member door prizes Please vote and/or leave your comments.

7. tandt

tandt Member

Yes thanks Pat! They did love the balloons but sadly all of ours have met their end - except for the new ones tucked away for another trip.

8. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Just a reminder to everyone who won a prize from our Corporate friends, If you can take a picture of your item in use, Provide some details on the item (where/when you one it) how your using it etc... and forward those to snowscamping@gmail.com I'll pass them along to the proper folks..

9. Wrenchgear

Wrenchgear Near Elmira, Southern Ontario

I've already posted a picture of mine with a short write up on the Tri-Lynx Face Book page. They responded to me and said thanks for posting. Less work for you to do, but thanks anyway.

10. Wrenchgear

Wrenchgear Near Elmira, Southern Ontario

We just got back from 2 1/2 weeks of the most beautiful weather a campground could offer. SCORE!!

Wife and I sleep on the front bed over the trailer tongue, and I sleep on the outer edge. As you know, when backed in, that end is the close end to the road that runs through the camp sites. I had the truck parked over to the other side of the site to provide privacy over there, so I was really close to the road while sleeping. While lying in bed one morning, just waking up and was about to crawl out of bed, I heard a conversation going on at the edge of my campsite. A guy talking to his wife (presumably) commenting on my Portal sign that I got at last years rally. I have it hanging off that end of the Pup whenever we are camping. It was very quick but went something like, "See?, theres that guy with Portal sign I told you about." She mumbled something back to him, that I couldn't make out, and then they walked away. I jumped out of bed to go talk to them, but by the time I got outside, there were numerous people walking around and I couldn't figure who did the talking. I would've liked to have seen who that was, and if it was someone from on here. I think if it was a regular member from here, they would've came back later in the day to talk to me and see who I was. Oh well. Cool eh?

11. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Nice... you know it wasn't me.. I'd be armed with either a cup of coffee or a cup of campfire-bluesky-greenleaf-pineapple-juice .. [:D]

Has been a great summer for camping... Last week at work had the ac cranked while working outside one nightthat glasses fogged up going from the plane to the outside...lol

Just got home from doing a 36 hour furniture delivery run for the University student (DS1) to North Bay ..

12. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

We got home Sunday from one of the best trips ever!! Despite full on rain for 3 days straight and a solid fire ban for the entire trip, we had a great family vacation; my parents on their maiden voyage with their new-to-them TT and my sisters family. We scavenged for a couple relatives of a fellow portal member and had a wonderful time.
    This will definitely be a yearly trip!!

13. scrt95019

scrt95019 Member

[:D] [CP] [CP] [:D]

Nice!!!

We are out your way again Mel... tomorrow to Friday.... finally get everyone out this time....

14. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

15. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

You are in for a beautiful weekend, Andrew!! Has the fire ban been lifted? I know we are still in it here but being 5 min away...things are so different (lol)

16. scrt95019

scrt95019 Member

The fire threat level has been downgraded 1 level to extreme... But the ban has been lifted! Even the signs were taken down last night during the rain in the park. So everyone is happy now! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

Win-win+

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.