2016 Alabama Summer Rally Event and Sign Up

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by niagarafam, Feb 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brokenotbroken

brokenotbroken Member

We just got back from a week camping trip at DeSoto and loved it. The hiking along Little River Canyon is great and it's a quick hop over to Cathedral Caverns, which is well worth the effort. The bath houses were excellent and the sites were very nice, if not a little sparse of trees. If we end up purchasing a pop-up before the summer rally kicks off, we'll be there.

Attached Files:

2. niagarafam

niagarafam Active Member

Awesome! We would love for you to join us! We have folks in tents as well. Please let us know if we can help.
    M&K

3. niagarafam

niagarafam Active Member

Let's get signed up on our rally pot luck document (at the top of the this post). So far, only Mazauk and Camp dad have signed up for vittles.

4. niagarafam

niagarafam Active Member

BUMP.

5. Mazauk75

Mazauk75 Member

Just got back an hour ago from a week at PCB, FL. I'm BUSHED!

...but I'm also chompin at the bit for DeSoto in a few weeks. Anyone have any activities planned? I'm thinking of getting the wife and kids out on the trails and staying local, personally. Thoughts?

6. niagarafam

niagarafam Active Member

That sounds good. The less is more approach seems to be what folks enjoy. Last year Camp dad set up a movie screen in the woods for the kids to watch Disney after they had dessert and played with light sticks. BoomJammer brought boomerangs and gave many of us lessons - that was cool, too! Most everyone took hikes and explored the Little River Canyon, and Kim and I took our bikes to Chattanooga for the day and had a blast! Their is plenty to do for sure, and the CG is a super nice place to chill.
    M&K

7. niagarafam

niagarafam Active Member

BUMP!

8. niagarafam

niagarafam Active Member

Come on guys - We gotta git this thang movin'! It would be good to start getting a sense of our head count for the potluck and meet and greet.

9. BoomJammer

BoomJammer Jason

Hey Martin,

We just made our reservations for site 25. Arriving June 3, departing June 5. We hope to leave home mid morning and get there early afternoon on the 3rd.

And we're working to see if we can get some of our GA friends to come with us.

10. niagarafam

niagarafam Active Member

Awesome, Jason! We will be neighbors. We are excited and looking forward to seeing you guys. I wonder if Miles has booked(?). Bring all the GA friends that you can. We've got to start honing our boomerang skills. We actually remember some of what you taught us! But we would appreciate a refresher course. It would be cool if we could go to afield area and have a little "contest" with the kids. But your kids would have to spot the rest of us a few points. I think the playground up by ythe lodge may have an area. Let us know if you need anything.
    M&K

11. niagarafam

niagarafam Active Member

It's time to get real, guys! If you have not signed up for the potluck, please do so. We are reserved in site #23 Loop A, and two other members have booked in the neighboring sites. There are more sites right in the area available. Let us know if you need anything.
    M&K

12. Mazauk75

Mazauk75 Member

I cant remember if I booked site 21 or 24...but I'll be there on the 2nd and leave out on the 5th....provided my move goes smoothly. I'll be closing on a new house Tuesday May 17th. Only downside to the new place: I've got to find a storage site for my camper.

I'm going to call Desoto Monday and make sure I can, but the plan is to be there around noon. I only live a couple hours away.

13. niagarafam

niagarafam Active Member

Any news from Camp dad?

14. niagarafam

niagarafam Active Member

Travis is booked, so Camp dad is the last of the Mohicans.

15. niagarafam

niagarafam Active Member

Sadly, Camp dad cannot make it. We will host the potluck. It would be great if we could hold it in BoomJammer's site. I believe they have the same site that Camp dad had last year. That is a good location for everyone to gather. I will pm BoomJammer.

16. Mazauk75

Mazauk75 Member

I've got t call and change my reservation. I won't be in until Friday. Buing a house and Moving is murder.

17. niagarafam

niagarafam Active Member

Thank you BoomJammer! We will co-host the potluck with BoomJammer at their site, #25. The meet and greet will be at our site (#23) on Friday.

18. tnmccor

tnmccor New Member

Looking forward to seeing everbody again. Can't wate till next weekend.

19. Mazauk75

Mazauk75 Member

I so need this mini vacation this weekend....

I just finished moving today...started Friday morning. Truck I rented wasn't turned in to Uhaul, so I got it at 10am instead of 7am, Friday I should have had 3 people show up to help, only one showed, Saturday I had 5-6 commit, but only one showed, and I have a large house...4 bed/3bath, family of 5, 2 full furnished living rooms (one with a sleeper sofa). To top it all off, my AC shut the bed Friday night and I couldn't wrangle up a repair man until today. He'll be here around 7pm.

I'm looking forward to hanging out, tossing back some beers, and making some new friends (first rally...missed last year). I think I signed up for potato salad and paper products. I may change the potato salad to something else...maybe some smoked beer brats.

20. BoomJammer

BoomJammer Jason

Our girls are getting excited. They started packing their gear tonight. We're definitely packing swimsuits this year. There is great excitement for wading in the Little River again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.