2016 Maryland Rally

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by BALTIBCAMPER, Oct 12, 2015.

Where would you like to have the Maryland rally?

Poll closed Nov 19, 2015.
  1. Greenbrier State Park

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. Elkneck State Park

6 vote(s)
    54.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BALTIBCAMPER

BALTIBCAMPER Member

Yes the potluck is Saturday evening Friday night will be the meet and greet Saturday at the shelter will be casual games, relaxing at the firepit, some people will be siteseeing that day, you might want to talk to people Friday night to see what interest you[emoji4]

Sent from my Sky 5.0S using Tapatalk

2. BALTIBCAMPER

BALTIBCAMPER Member

We will get a feel Friday night, TBA Saturday for the Pot Luck time

Starting 9:00 on Saturday We have the shelter for the day soyou can come bring a game or Walk on the beach or Relax at the firepit [:D]

3. GalsofEscape

GalsofEscape Active Member

The light house tour, There is often a ranger guided hike to the lighthouse, I think it meets at 10 am. The ranger points out flora and fauna along the way. cost is FREE.... just show up. They should have info when you check in.

4. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Well-Known Member

This is my first popup trip since the early 60s--I'm used to using my backpacking tent-- and the first ever using electric hookup. I just need a heads up re the power cord. Do I need a special adaptor to plug into the outlet? Also, on one of the forums someone posted that tarps are not permitted in some (all?) parks. We are permitted to tie tarps to trees in our provincial parks. What is the protocol?

Can't wait for the rally! [:D]
    Thanks,
    Pat

5. BALTIBCAMPER

BALTIBCAMPER Member

They have 30 amp and 50 amp at your site. You might need an adapter if you have Canadian specs I am not really sure. I'm not sure about the tarp issue but I'll look into it

Sent from my Sky 5.0S using Tapatalk

6. JeepMama

JeepMama New Member

We camp at Elk Neck SP fairly often.

Besides the hike to the lighthouse, which is pretty cool, there are several other great trails, some go along the shoreline. Also, the rangers give some really great nature and wildlife talks. My kids like the reptile one especially.

And finally, I have seen camp sites with tarps attached to trees at Elk Neck in the past, so that should be okay.

Wendy

7. JeepMama

JeepMama New Member

Adding some more cool info about Elk Neck.

Although we have camped at Elk Neck since 2009 - the past two years we have been lucky to see a Bald Eagles nest and the eagle!!!!

There are lots of deer that roam the camp ground, and you will hear the occasional wood pecker :)

8. busdriverwc75

busdriverwc75 Chester County, PA

There are several geocaches spread out through the different areas of the park, too.

9. jezter6

jezter6 New Member

It's barely 2 weeks now.

Can't wait to get my TV back from the shop so I can test tow my PUP and get a feel for it (particularly backing in) before I show up right in the middle of meet and greet and make a spectacle of my noob self in front of a bunch of pros. :)

10. Michoshisho

Michoshisho Member

We've all been there. No spectacle will be made. Just a group of folks willing to happily provide some tips and guidance and help.

2013 Trailmanor 2720
    2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee

11. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Well-Known Member

Same here! Dropped TV and new-to-me pup off for auto service & pup hubs/new tires. Picking it up tomorrow. Although towing is new to me, the pup travels well. Like you, I need to practise backing up. Lots of advice from friends. Usually that 'it's a lot harder to back up a short trailer than a long one'[;)]. Gee, thanks a lot for such great advice, friends. That's REALLY helpful!

Still really excited for my first rally! Of course, the first one that I could book is over 1000km (650mi) from home! Stopping over for a night just north of Syracuse.
    Hope to camp locally (at Arrowhead or Algonquin Park) for a couple of nights next week. They're not very busy on weekdays at this time of year, so I think it will be a good opportunity to practise backing into different sites.

Thanks! Just confirms that I made a great choice when I joined this group! [:D]

12. GalsofEscape

Michoshisho is spot on. Have no worries at all about it and ask if you need anything.
    We all have a list of sputs (stupid pop up tricks).....and they are not restricted to noobies by any means...

13. jezter6

jezter6 New Member

Oh don't worry. There's no shame in my game.

Just warning you all that there's gonna be some noob fun. Point and laugh first, then come lend a hand. :)

Trying out my new BAL level that came in the mail..having trouble getting it around my tire...busy with work at the moment and will have to mess with it again later..swear the tire says D13 which means this thing should fit with room to spare...

14. jezter6

jezter6 New Member

And sometimes I'm just a moron.

Go back out, and it slides on PERFECTLY...

15. Michoshisho

Michoshisho Member

Hey all. For those who frequent the park, what's the nearby grocery shopping situation? I still haven't decided on my potluck dish for Saturday night, and I usually host something Thursday night for the early birds. Any grocery stores nearby? How about bulk stores like Costco, BJs, Sams Club? I've been so busy this year that I haven't been on the portal much. I'm trying to play catch-up now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

16. jezter6

jezter6 New Member

I don't know about right near the park, but North East is only about ~7 miles up the road...Grocery stores and Wal-Mart superstore

17. Michoshisho

Michoshisho Member

Thanks. That helps!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

18. busdriverwc75

busdriverwc75 Chester County, PA

Nothing right by the park. Like jetzer6 said, North East has shopping centers with Food Lion, Walmart, & other stores.

19. GalsofEscape

It is weekend after next!!!
    The long range forecast is looking good. Highs around 80 and sunny to mostly sunny. Hope it holds.

20. highside pup

highside pup Active Member

:) :) sounds good to me!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.