2016 Maryland Rally

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by BALTIBCAMPER, Oct 12, 2015.

Where would you like to have the Maryland rally?

Poll closed Nov 19, 2015.
  1. Greenbrier State Park

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. Elkneck State Park

6 vote(s)
    54.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grandpa Hiker

Grandpa Hiker Member

:) :) X 2!!

2. JeepMama

JeepMama New Member

There is also a little store at the park for essential items you might have forgotten. There is a Dollar General in North East, that is a bit closer to the SP than the Wal-mart and the Food Lion.

I really looking forward to this rally and meeting the people behind the screen names!

3. highside pup

highside pup Active Member

Watch out for people you meet on the Internet!

4. BALTIBCAMPER

BALTIBCAMPER Member

yeah they could be campers LOL!!

Sent from my Sky 5.0S using Tapatalk

5. BALTIBCAMPER

BALTIBCAMPER Member

This will be the first time I will see the inside of this store at the park I've only been there when it is closed in the dead of winter!

6. JeepMama

JeepMama New Member

Cecil the bear has been spotted in North East MD today.

For those who don't know, about 2-3 weeks ago a young, male bear wandered around in Delaware County, PA, then through Chester County, New Castle County, DE eventually ending up in Cecil County, MD.

Male bears are solitary and the thought is that he was run out of his area by another male and is currently looking for a new territory. If you see him, do not approach and alert authorities as they'd like to capture him and return him to a more remote area.

7. Michoshisho

Michoshisho Member

Please also practice safe food practices. Don't leave food/coolers out to attract him. Keep food and coolers in your hard sided camper, or in your vehicle in a canvass camper, unless they are actively being used/monitored. Same with trash bags.

2013 Trailmanor 2720
    2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8. BALTIBCAMPER

BALTIBCAMPER Member

Thanks for the info guys

9. busdriverwc75

busdriverwc75 Chester County, PA

Ha! I've got you beat, Andrew! [;)] I was in the store one time. Back when both boys were in elementary school, we camped here in the summer a couple of times. We had the popup. You didn't even know me back then :)

10. BALTIBCAMPER

BALTIBCAMPER Member

[emoji4] LOL

11. BALTIBCAMPER

BALTIBCAMPER Member

Hey campers, we are only one week away from the Maryland rally. We just want to give you on the weekend.
    Friday night Meet and greet: We encourage you to bring a plate of finger food to share and your chairs we will be hosting between camp sites 9 and 10 after 4:30 no real schedule just a starting point. We are also doing a 50/50 for shelter 1 for Saturday.

Saturday: People will be doing a lot of activities on their own, you might want to chat with people Friday night to see what fits you. We have the shelter for the day Saturday so if you want to walk on the beach or bring a chair sit and relax buy the fireplace with friends during the day thatÂ’s is ok, potluck time TBA. If you have Pets they only allow them at the Shelter not on the beach. We also encourage people who are coming to the beach for the day to bring to the shelter your camping chairs, deck of cards their favorite board games or If you have a corn hole set. For the potluck there will be a prize for the best homemade dish and dessert. We have electric for any crockpots so extra cords and power strips we can use will be appreciated. Wood donations would be appreciated as well.

To also let you know the beach and shelter 1 is across the main road and not in the camping area, not that far but you will have to drive and show your vehicle camp site tag to get in free.

Thank you everybody that will be making this Maryland rally from a far and near, be safe in your travels. :)

12. Grandpa Hiker

Grandpa Hiker Member

Decision finally made on food. I'll fixing Rotel Dip & bringing Scoop chips for the Meet & Greet on Friday. We are going to see a play at the Sight & Sound Theater in Lancaster so we will not be at the Meet & Greet until a little after 6 PM.

For the Pot Luck on Saturday night, I'll be fixing Chicken Alfredo Penne.

We are looking forward to seeing friends and making new friends!! Safe traveling to everyone!!

13. highside pup

highside pup Active Member

Country whole ham cooked on my spit, weather permitting, if not cooked in my roaster

14. jezter6

jezter6 New Member

I believe my wife is making a pasta salad with chicken for Saturday.

15. GalsofEscape

GalsofEscape Active Member

Food is all sounding really good. We are bringing beef BBQ.

16. BuxCamperette

BuxCamperette New Member

Hey Andrew! Looks like we're going to have to cancel on this one. Martin's graduation is Friday night and we were going to try to get down Saturday morning. But I just found out I have to fly out to Austin TX Sunday night so it's not going to work. I've been in Austin since May 31st and am not flying home until the June 8th. Then to fly back on the 12th. It will probably be this way for most of June for a project I'm on at work. Sigh...

We haven't camped at all this year other than New Years! I'm bummed!

Marianne

17. BALTIBCAMPER

BALTIBCAMPER Member

Hey I understand, it happens when we planned six months in advance LOL[emoji4] I hope you have a nice safe trip and get good pictures of the graduation

18. BALTIBCAMPER

BALTIBCAMPER Member

We also have a charcoal grill at the shelter if anybody wants to use it

19. busdriverwc75

busdriverwc75 Chester County, PA

It's a full workday for both of us, so we are looking at an arrival after 7:30. As for the potluck, not sure if we will be there. Depending upon the heat, the dog may need AC in the trailer, & this morning we just found out that he has epilepsy, so I don't want to leave him unattended too long since we don't know yet how frequent his seizures will be.

20. stefie19

stefie19 Active Member

It's been forever since I've been on the portal....crazy end of school year and we've still got a couple more weeks to go! Anyway, we will be taking half days from school and work on Friday so that we make it down to MD while it's light out. We're hoping to hit the road by 1pm at the latest. From our house in CT, the GPS is saying about 4.5 hours. This will be our longest drive with the camper and I'm nervous about driving through NY.

Andrew, is there anything special that we need to know about driving back and forth? Any roads to avoid or that we aren't allowed on while towing? I assume you took 95 down after the RI rally last September?

Not sure exactly what we're bringing to the meet and greet or the potluck but likely it will be chips/dip for the meet and greet and fruit salad for the potluck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.