2016 Ohio Fall Rally-- 6th Annual!!!

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by Heady, Feb 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heady

Heady Active Member

Camper is packed, truck is packed and fridge started. Just need to pack the cooler and go pickup the camper. Hope to be on the road by 9:30 or 10.

Who else is arriving today?

2. Salandrew

Salandrew Active Member

Well, it looks like Saturday's weather isn't so nice. So we are looking for something close, indoor that we can do. Any suggestions? What's everyone else doing??? Can't wait to see everyone tomorrow! Hoping to get there in the daylight, we will see. Long drive for us!

3. crosbys2008

crosbys2008 Active Member

We're leaving tomorrow hopefully at 9 am, it's about 5 hours drive for us. It'll probably end up at about 6 hours for meal break and back break. It'll be nice writing before dark unlike last year!!

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

4. Salandrew

Salandrew Active Member

It's about the same for us. Andy's working a half day. So, hopefully we will be out of here by noon the latest. I'd like to make it in the daylight this time!

5. phager76

phager76 Active Member

About 4 hours for us. The goal is to be out by 8. Of course, I close tonight, so won't be home until almost 10. Then it's time to pack the Ex in the dark and hitch up in the morning.

I can't wait to get settled in and have a nice relaxing weekend for a change!

Sent from my HUAWEI H892L using Tapatalk

6. Heady

Heady Active Member

Well we are here and almost setup. Hit some rain on the way, but so far it's been dry at the campground. Campground is deserted, maybe 15 campers out of 200 spots.

The new bathroom shower house is open. Individual shower doors accessible from the outside. Laundry room. Very nice and clean, there is actually blue water in the toilet and it smells like they used cleaning chemicals to actually clean it. Hope it wasn't a one time thing.

Oh yeah....there's wifi!!

7. phager76

phager76 Active Member

I know, poor form quoting myself [:D] . Well, so much for packing the Excursion tonight, it's been pouring since 6. The hourly report shows that it should be mostly gone by 7 which should give me a window to pack and hitch up.

Salandrew, which way are you planning to get there? If you're going via 70, be aware that they're doing bridge work near Belle Vernon just west of the exit for 201. I work at the Advance Auto right there and it's a real fuster cluck depending on when you get there, figure on a 20 minute delay. It seems to get bad around 2pm and doesn't lighten up until 8-9. I76 is another option, but there's tools that route and (for me) it's about and extra hour, but probably less for you. I may get stuck in it too, since I have to swing by work in the morning to drop off my key for the new manager since she's opening on Sunday.

Lance, it's nice to hear that there's wifi there. that'll make it a lot easier to make progress on my online schooling, without having to suck all the data out of my mobile hotspot.

I got the Pico all made up this evening and marinating, I made two versions on spicy and one not too spicy. I had to modify my recipe since moving out here, I use to put half a Serrano pepper in it, but no one seems to be able to handle the heat (and it's hard as hell to find serrano's in the stores around here) so I just put some jalapeƱos in. I've got four jars worth, so we should have enough [:)O].

See you all tomorrow!

8. Salandrew

Salandrew Active Member

Phager, we were planning on going out 70. We would get to Belle Vernon about 2pm [:(O] [:O] [:(], depending on when we leave. I will talk to Andy and see what he says. It only changes our trip time by about 15 minutes to take the turnpike, but the tolls... [:!] wonder what they will be [2C] [2C] [2C] [2C] [2C]+

We will see you all when we get there! Safe travels everyone!

9. phager76

phager76 Active Member

I know when I took the turnpike from New Stanton to Harrisburg last year it was about $35-40 with the trailer each way using EZPass. If it was me, and the TP was 15 minutes less plus ~20 minutes in potential delays, that would be about 35 minutes more in drive time versus the tolls I'd toatlly deal with the traffic :D but then again, I've a bit of a cheapskate, make of that what you will [LOL].

Rhiannon is so excited to see you all of you tomorrow (aw hell, who am I kidding, so am I, I love these rallys!). Have a safe trip!

10. Heady

Heady Active Member

Also factor in the little bit more in gas into your calculation. Although you probably get a bit better mileage than I do, I averaged 8.6mpg for my 3 hr trip.

11. HookingWings

HookingWings New Member

We're planning on leaving around noon, should be there around 2 or so. Bringing a crockpot of chili and an extra 10 x 10 ezup.

Never been to a rally like this. A little nervous, but looking forward to meeting new friends.

12. crosbys2008

Hookingwings don't be nervous we're all good people, at least that's what my shrink tells me. :)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

13. crosbys2008

Hey Lance. I can't remember but where can we fill up our water tank? Thanks.
    Getting ready to leave soon, our goal is to be there by 3ish.

14. phager76

phager76 Active Member

So much for leaving by 8 :D . Didn't get to bed until 3:30, so over slept an hour. The trucks about half way packed, so hoping to be on the road within an hour.

Lance, the Excursion gets about the same, loaded or towing (10-12), but the V10 has never been a paragon of efficiency.

HookingWings, like Rob said, don't be too nervous we don't bite. I was pretty nervous when we went to our first rally, but this one is my fourth or fifth rally in the last two years, and now I'm trying to host my own rally down in KY for the solar eclipse next August (shameless self promotion).

Time to finish packing, see you all in a few hours!

15. crosbys2008

Yaya, we're on our way.

[​IMG]

16. Heady

Heady Active Member

There are two dump stations that have portable water. The first is at the exit of the park (enter park, then swing around building). Or the other once your in the park, there will be a stop sign with the commissary to the left, turn right and the second dump station is on the right before the playground.

The front entrance is not staffed after Labor Day so drive right thru and to your site. No hang tags or anything need. Just make sure the tag on your electric box is accurate. The commissary is open limited hours.

17. phager76

phager76 Active Member

70 @ 201 in Belle Vernon

[​IMG]

18. Heady

Heady Active Member

Don't be nervous. I felt that same way three years ago when I went to my first rally. I have met so many awesome people at these rally's and some have become very close friends.

19. Heady

Heady Active Member

Eek!!! See you hopefully by Sunday.

20. phager76

phager76 Active Member

Delays are definitely more than 30 minutes. Only made .5 miles so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.