2016 Pymatuning Rally -Jamestown Campground 200 section.

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by vagov, Jul 13, 2015.

lets get this party started!

1. june 10-12

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. july1-4 (holiday weekend)

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. july 8-11

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  4. july 22-24

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daveB

daveB Member

potluck dinner on friday night

2. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

A rally is a gathering where some of old friends plus new get together to share what we like to do. I'm General we usually have a meet and greet one night, some have simple potlucks, but not always,usually as people arrive on friday, on Sat you can either do whatever you like, or do something as a group. followed by a MAIN pot luck usually another usually Sat evening, around a comutial bonfire, sometimes small door prizes are even given out by the wagonmaster thanking everyone for comming, some even do a breakfast Sunday morning, no pressure to do anything your comfortable or not doing, check out the General rally tab, there you will find a excellent thread called attending a rally as a first timer, plus a few others that explain a typical rally pretty good, I hope you find this interesting and join us, just let me know when you do, and I will mark you confirmed. Site. Then can't wait to meet you in person to further out talk. Thanks John

3. ShanegoDave

ShanegoDave Member

daveb., what part of the state are you from, Pymuatuning is a nice place, please consider joining us, last look only 4 elelctric sites were available, so I would book a site soon, John (Vagov) is the wagonmasters for this, and always does a great job. makes everyone feel welcomed. these rallys are also very pet friendly and family oriented. most people here find these rallys a lot of fun, puts a face to the people you chat here on line with. as mentioned before no pressure to do anything your uncomfortable with, some do things as a group, while others like to relax and do there solo things, getting back together Saturday evening for a great potluck, and fellowship around a fire. besides booking your own site, the only other real commitment is the potluck in which everyone is expected to contribute a average size one pot meal, I believe some was talking about pitching in a small monitary amount and renting a pontoon boat on Saturday, but again, this is voluntary, no pressure to join in if you choose. will be looking forward to meeting you at the rally, hope you decide to come

4. daveB

daveB Member

Wife and I and furry little dog are from erie. Just a short drive away

5. highside pup

highside pup Active Member

Hope you decide to join us, should be a good camping experience

6. crosbys2008

crosbys2008 Active Member

Another Erieite. Hope you can make it, it's a lot of fun and pymatuning is a nice state park.

7. gruss

gruss Active Member

There's more of you? ahhhhhhhhhhh [LOL]

C'mon daveB, the folks on here are no where near as weird as you might think. Rallies are pretty fun, and no pressure.

8. phager76

phager76 Active Member

Speak for yourself, Gruss. I pretty sure my whole family is weirder the anyone thinks! Just ask Rob, he'll vouch for my weirdness :D

9. gruss

gruss Active Member

Well then I look forward to meeting you and yours.

10. crosbys2008

Pat, don't put me in that position, I'd hate to have to agree. But then again that's probably why our 2 families got along so well. :)

11. daveB

daveB Member

sounds good to me but have to work on wife.

12. phager76

phager76 Active Member

I had a hard time initially convincing my wife to go to a rally. We're both kind of introverts (no comments, Rob :D), and she was really worried both about forced socialization, as well as our younger kids acting out since they were 1 and 2 at the time and the two year old has special needs.

In the end the only thing we *had* to do was the meet and greet on Friday and the potluck on Saturday. Of course we ended up doing a bunch of other stuff with everyone during most days, and ended up hanging out around the campfire until 11 or later. But at no time was there even the slightest pressure to do anything as a group, it just sort of ended up that way.

What ultimately convinced my wife was when I pointed out that we're camping around a bunch of people anyway, might as well try it with some people from a forum :) it was enough to get her to agree even with some reservations.

I really do hope we can meet you and your family!

13. crosbys2008

No comments, what's the fun in that? Not sure what you're getting at. I may be a smart a** but we had good time camping didn't we?
    Your comments above (other than the one about me) was spot on. No pressure of any kind is giving. We have attended this rally since in started (it was our first one too) and had a great time. I would have to say that the portal members are one of the nicest hroupsnof m people to camp with. Always welcoming and willing to help out.

14. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

this year is going to be even better... with LOTS of [SUN] [SUN] [SUN] [SUN] [SUN] [SUN]. the weather last year was challenging , (no im not going to say the "R" word) .. but never dampened our spirits.. even managed to keep a [CF] all night. a lot of fun this year coming for sure... some of us are arriving a few days early, for a pre rally as well, which brings me to a thought, maybe for Fridays meet and greet, we should have a Mountain Pie Cookoff ? no real Winner, (besides Bragging rights!) nothing fancy or real talent, i but im dying to try making a pie with spegettios and cheese. still one full hookup site left, Lance your new rig should look good in that spot (HINT>>>HINT)

15. phager76

phager76 Active Member

Nothing untoward meant, Rob. I was more saying that I probably don't come across as introverted. We absolutely had a great time camping with, even if I couldn't sneak that sweet awning off you camper!

John, I love the idea of a mountain pie cook off! We totally need to do that.

16. crosbys2008

Nothing taken in any way Pat. We enjoyed meeting you and your family and look forward to this year. And yes, I will be keeping an eye on my awning. :) I totally forgot you were talking about snagging it.

17. gruss

gruss Active Member

Wow I've never been called a nice 'hroupsnof m' before!!! I hope thats a good thing.

18. crosbys2008

Maybe it is maybe not. I really don't know, since I have no clue what I typed. You helped us out last year so I would say it was nice[emoji2]

19. crosbys2008

OK so Steph can read my wonderful typing. I wrote nicest group of people. Ya, I can see that. Please don't hold my typing on a tablet/phone abilities against me. I'm a better campfire starter then a typer.

20. gruss

gruss Active Member

Well a hroupsnof m to her !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.